Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny. On one hand, I waited impatiently for the animated Legion of Super-Heroes movie to hit HBO Max Max for months. How impatient? Glad you asked. So impatient that I rented it on Prime Video last month or in March. Don't judge me!

Although entertaining, LOSH is an average DC animated movie. That did not stop me from re-watching it again after it finally landed on the HBO Max earlier this month. Right then and there. No hesitation.

On the other hand, I just noticed Shazam! Fury of the Gods is now available on Max. Perhaps I have overlooked it in the menu but I believe it only started on the app this week or maybe even today.

The movie's poster tab is impressive. There's a lightning background. Cool. There's Lucy Liu. I love me some Lucy Liu. Helen Mirren! I mean, who doesn't like Helen Mirren? Beautiful Rachel Zegler from West Side Story graces the shot also.

And Chuck.

Yeah. I will watch it. Some day. Wait. Meagan Good is in it too!

tumblr_inline_p8sokrsl581selhrj_250.gifv

Beautiful. And she is co-starring with

Chuck.

I can wait.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's funny. On one hand, I waited impatiently for the animated Legion of Super-Heroes movie to hit HBO Max Max for months. How impatient? Glad you asked. So impatient that I rented it on Prime Video last month or in March. Don't judge me!

Although entertaining, LOSH is an average DC animated movie. That did not stop me from re-watching it again after it finally landed on the HBO Max earlier this month. Right then and there. No hesitation.

On the other hand, I just noticed Shazam! Fury of the Gods is now available on Max. Perhaps I have overlooked it in the menu but I believe it only started on the app this week or maybe even today.

The movie's poster tab is impressive. There's a lightning background. Cool. There's Lucy Liu. I love me some Lucy Liu. Helen Mirren! I mean, who doesn't like Helen Mirren? Beautiful Rachel Zegler from West Side Story graces the shot also.

And Chuck.

Yeah. I will watch it. Some day. Wait. Meagan Good is in it too!

tumblr_inline_p8sokrsl581selhrj_250.gifv

Beautiful. And she is co-starring with

Chuck.

I can wait.
Saw Shazam 2 and agree there are some hotties that make me wish I was young again. Even Lucy Liu is still hot at 50+ and proves once again she was always meant to be cast as the … female dog. Shazam 2 started a little corny but got better as the movie went on. I liked it.

That post-credit scene with the

agents from Peacemaker…. What could have been. DC doesn’t even realize what it has. Instead of Justice Society, the agents could have been recruiting for Justice League.

Yea, it would be a direct rip from the Marvel Franchise but Viola Davis is just as great a casting for that head agent rock strong antagonist as Sam Jackson.

Instead of rebooting, now that all their films have had a chance to show the characters and origin stories, all they had to do was remove that boring dark stuff that no one wants and build up for another event. Would have been great to actually see this time Superman and Shazam shake hands.

His bit at the end with Wonder Woman

, that would have been comedy gold in a Justice League movie. No need to go confuse all of us with this Flash movie, where half the heroes reboot, half don’t. If you wanted to replace Batman, why not pay Christian Bale some big money to come back? Dude is playing dumb villains on the Thor movies, I think he can be had again now. Don’t get caught up in all that multi-verse junk that has neutered the Marvel energy. It may work for the comic fans but if you want blockbusters, you have to please the average movie fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
L-O-N-G (almost 22 minutes) but a nice reflection of the MCU's beginning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here Is The Leaked, Allegedly Final MCU ‘Fantastic Four’ Cast
By Paul Tassi | Forbes
May 28, 2023

While Marvel is taking their sweet time announcing their Fantastic Four cast for the movie, which right now, is supposed to come out in February of 2025, insiders believe they have figured out who the final cast will be. And it’s a whole lot of talent.

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here Is The Leaked, Allegedly Final MCU ‘Fantastic Four’ Cast
By Paul Tassi | Forbes
May 28, 2023

While Marvel is taking their sweet time announcing their Fantastic Four cast for the movie, which right now, is supposed to come out in February of 2025, insiders believe they have figured out who the final cast will be. And it’s a whole lot of talent.

Read more

Well, one out of four ain't bad!:rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, if that's the cast, I won't be watching it.
I will be watching it but would be disappointed with Adam Driver's casting as Dr. Reed Richards. That possible choice gives me the same vibe that Miles Teller's casting gave me for the same role in 2015's Fantastic Four. Both were/seem like square pegs forced to fit round holes.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I will be watching it but would be disappointed with Adam Driver's casting as Dr. Reed Richards. That possible choice gives me the same vibe that Miles Teller's casting gave me for the same role in 2015's Fantastic Four. Both were/seem like square pegs forced to fit round holes.
Did you like him in star wars?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC Animated Movie in Chronological Order
By Mitchell | AsumeTech
May 28, 2023

<snip>

...Over a decade, the animated film franchise has established itself as one of the best comic book adaptations of all time. But there will be more animated DC films, just not in this series. Since Apokolips War, James Gunn and Peter Safran have announced animated films as part of their DCU. DC has continued to release more animated films as part of their Tomorrowverse, beginning with Superman: Man of Tomorrow in 2020. The Tomorrowverse has already produced a number of films and shorts, some of which are excellent, while others are not. The latest installment in that series, Justice League: Warworld, will be released in 2023. But, no matter how exciting these new films are, the DCAMU will always have a special place in our hearts.

Read more

DC Animated Movie in Chronological Order
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
Justice League: War (2014)
Son of Batman (2014)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
Short – Nightwing and Robin (2015)
Batman vs. Robin (2015)
Batman: Bad Blood (2016)
Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
Justice League Dark (2017)
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
The Death of Superman (2018)
Reign of the Supermen (2019)
Constantine: City of Demons (2018)
Batman: Hush (2019)
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
Constantine: The House of Mystery (2022)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you like him in star wars?
Sure, in a workman-like manner. He is definitely not the best Sith apprentice from all nine episodes in my opinion. Heck, I put Ray Park's Darth Maul non-speaking, one-shot performance in Episode One over Adam Driver's three film run. Even his anger bouts seemed unnecessarily over the top.

That said, I enjoyed his Kylo Ren most during the final hour of The Rise of Skywalker. I think Driver's acting strength is within pure drama. He is too wooden for roles in other genres.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Sure, in a workman-like manner. He is definitely not the best Sith apprentice from all nine episodes in my opinion. Heck, I put Ray Park's Darth Maul non-speaking, one-shot performance in Episode One over Adam Driver's three film run. Even his anger bouts seemed unnecessarily over the top.

That said, I enjoyed his Kylo Ren most during the final hour of The Rise of Skywalker. I think Driver's acting strength is within pure drama. He is too wooden for roles in other genres.
I liked kylo ren's script in those movies a whole lot, but I like those 3 movies more than most. From the opening scene where the troop transports landing is flawless and the storm troopers unload to battle and the freezing of the blaster bolt, to the end of the trilogy. I thought that was the best inclusion of a dark side character out of all of them. So, I might have a bias for him.

That guy in episode 1 did make a good sith, but he did not start as a jedi from 2 human parents. He was a cool fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Better than Darth Vader?
I haven't watched the original 3 in a long time, but from memory there was not near enough of him. Kylo is a main character. They show major interactions with the dark side for him, interactions with people on the good side, and major roles in combat.

Kylo's screen time and plot line comparison to rey's is far closer than vaders to luke

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't watched the original 3 in a long time, but from memory there was not near enough of him. Kylo is a main character. They show major interactions with the dark side for him, interactions with people on the good side, and major roles in combat.

Kylo's screen time and plot line comparison to rey's is far closer than vaders to luke
Interesting.

nobody

Reaction score
i bet you do watch it
You can bet all you want, you'd lose. I still haven't seen the latest Guardians, Captain Marvel, Thor Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, Shang Chi, Black Widow, Eternals, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, and others.

I got burned out on it all and sick of certain aspects of the formula they choose to follow. If they are going with the cast described in this thread? Hard pass.

Adam Driver has resting depressed professor face. The dude has no range except for some negative emotions. He's a terrible casting for the part as are the others.