Command and Conquer question

MrPhil

Reaction score
I was looking into trying out the Command and Conquer series and was debating between the Red Alert series or the General series. Any suggestions?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MrPhil said:
I was looking into trying out the Command and Conquer series and was debating between the Red Alert series or the General series. Any suggestions?
I have played pretty much every version and all are good. The only problem with Red Alert, the original version, is that it wasn't made to run on XP. There is a fix for it thought. If you are interested in how to make it work PM me. I enjoyed Generals but I still like the original Red Alert better. Also Red Alert is probably easier to play if you haven't ever played C&C before. I hope this helps.

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
red alert a faster game then generals and a better game but generals is more realistic game because it uses current weapons while in red alert you have taser tower which i love and two barrel tank but just like in generals you play in real cities i would recommend The red alert 2 and the yuri extented one

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I loved the original C&C and Red Alert. I hear the servers are down and you can't connect to Westwood chat to get online games w/ those older games. I wish you could still do that, I loved those 2 games.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
I loved the original C&C and Red Alert. I hear the servers are down and you can't connect to Westwood chat to get online games w/ those older games. I wish you could still do that, I loved those 2 games.
After having the game for 10 yrs I finally made the time to at least finish the Allied missions. I have been playing the Soviet missions but they just aren't as fun. I do like having the tesla coils working for me for a change :D

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
LOL, true.

Can you play it IP over IP on XP? If so, maybe one day we can hook up. I'd have to practice and actually find my CD's again however. :)

MrPhil

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses!! Will have to let you guys know how I fair.