Commanders | B. Lloyd lands contract extension

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
parchy said:
I'm still trying to figure out why this is the only play you're talking about. It's a long season, y'know.

It's just how the discussion has gone. I didn't come into the thread and immediately mention it. I just used it as an example when arguing with peplaw about Springs/Henry. It just so happens Henry was the corner beat on that play, it wasn't as if I was using the play as a way to claim Lloyd is so good. I even admitted, in further comparing those plays. That Springs gave up a 12 yard completion to an All-pro, and Henry gave up an 89 yarder to a reciever far from being an All-pro. Can't remember what page that was on, but it's there.

As far as it being a long season, I agree. Lloyd disappeared at times last season, and didn't even record a single reception aganist the Colts. He's a reciever, who hasn't shown to be able to consistently give you good games. I'm not saying he's a bum, I'm also not saying he can't get better either. He'll be playing in a much better offense this season, and won't be relied upon to be the #1 recieving threat anymore. The potential for this can go both ways. He could flourish as a #2 reciever, get more than the 733 yards and 5 TDs from the season before with less pressure and no longer facing any double teams, or he could do much of the same.

I think you'll get everybody to agree that BOTH 49er receivers had good days (but you didn't sign Arnez Battle so it doesn't count, right?), and both Cowboys corners had bad ones.

I wouldn't say that Battle's stats don't count, they just weren't relevant to the discussion. Unless Battle caught a touchdown on Henry as well.

Look at his stats covering the entire year (and his career, really). As I said before, I have a few buddies who are Niner fans and they were mostly happy to see him go. He has maybe 3 or 4 big games a year and absolutely disappears otherwise. But hey, if you guys were looking for another #3 receiver after you got Randle El, you got him.

I've heard both sides of it from Niners and Steelers fans alike. Some Niner fans I've spoken to say Lloyd is capable of being a big-time player, he just never showed he was capable of doing it on a consistent basis. Yet I look at two things that could make him perform better. A better compliment (Moss) that could keep pressure off of him to beat double teams and no longer matched up with the better corners for most of a game, and a better quarterback (Brunell) than he's ever played with.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
Wow, do you really wanna waste time going back and forth with this drivel? Honestly. The patronizing tone of your posts isn't lost on me, however, it's really boring.

Then go perform a reach around on Art, like usual.

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Then go perform a reach around on Art, like usual.

I'm not sure why you guys always bring Art into the conversation. You guys love you some Art talk around here. Pretty funny.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
Again though if you want to dog henry for this game that is fine, I can pull highlights of him playing outstanding against the eagles, giants, skins, zona etc.....He is a good corner and the injury ruined the second half of our season and hurt our run defense alot.

I've never said Henry was a bad corner. I actually believe he's a solid #2 for you guys. I just believe, and the performances show, Springs is better. Now if we were comparing Henry to Rogers, our #2 corner, Henry wins hands down.

But another poster brought Springs into the argument and said Henry was better. That just ain't true.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
I'm not sure why you guys always bring Art into the conversation. You guys love you some Art talk around here. Pretty funny.

It was fun coachpotato... I'm going to wash my car.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
I read the analogy of Snakes on the Plane to TO in the Dallas lockerroom. That's pretty funny stuff.

Our first round pick is on our Roster. We had two firsts last year, remember?

I don't know who's star safety your talking about, because ours surely won't be anywhere but on the field come week 1.

Yeah, I remember. That scrub QB from Auburn whom the Commanders pissed themselves over and picked way to high

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:

That is an understatement. 9 times out of 10, if ES is mentioned an insult to Art is sure to follow. He must've really pissed some people off over here. :laugh2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
That is an understatement. 9 times out of 10, if ES is mentioned an insult to Art is sure to follow. He must've really pissed some people off over here. :laugh2:

Art is like the 45 year old ****** who continually pisses himself. You kind of feel sorry for him, but you can't help but point and laugh.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Yeah, I remember. That scrub QB from Auburn whom the Commanders pissed themselves over and picked way to high

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Not exactly. The Skins used their pick from this draft to move and take Campbell in the first round.

Futhermore, how is he a 'scrub' when he hasn't even taken a single snap in a game? :confused:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Not exactly. The Skins used their pick from this draft to move and take Campbell in the first round.

Futhermore, how is he a 'scrub' when he hasn't even taken a single snap in a game? :confused:

In other words, they traded up to pick a QB they could have easily drafted in the 2nd round, maybe even 3d

Thanks for proving my point

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
In other words, they traded up to pick a QB they could have easily drafted in the 2nd round, maybe even 3d

Thanks for proving my point

Your point is subjective, and therefore, can't be proven. The only fact in all of this is Campbell was drafted in the first round, not where you think he should've been drafted.

You still didn't answer my other question about calling him a scrub. But ignoring it says alot, doesn't it?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Your point is subjective, and therefore, can't be proven. The only fact in all of this is Campbell was drafted in the first round, not where you think he should've been drafted.

You still didn't answer my other question about calling him a scrub. But ignoring it says alot, doesn't it?

i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you never saw him play at Auburn, as apparently most Washington fans did not.

Campbell played with Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams (two top 5 picks), the best offensive line in CF, and the best defense in CF

And yet Auburn won most of their games by very low margins. Why? Because the coaching staff did not want to put the game in Campbell's hands, as he locks onto receivers and has happy feet. They ran the ball and played defense, that's how they went undefeated.

Now, the reason Washignton fans are all over him is because most only saw him in one game, the Sugar Bowl. He played maybe the best game of his career in that game. It was the exception, not the rule. He will not be a good NFL QB.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you never saw him play at Auburn, as apparently most Washington fans did not.

Campbell played with Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams (two top 5 picks), the best offensive line in CF, and the best defense in CF

And yet Auburn won most of their games by very low margins. Why? Because the coaching staff did not want to put the game in Campbell's hands, as he locks onto receivers and has happy feet. They ran the ball and played defense, that's how they went undefeated.

Now, the reason Washignton fans are all over him is because most only saw him in one game, the Sugar Bowl. He played maybe the best game of his career in that game. It was the exception, not the rule. He will not be a good NFL QB.

"And if your STILL not satisfied I'll give you 2 , 90 minute tapes of HH's Rants absolutly free!!!!.....ALL this for only 732 EASY monthly payments of only $19.95!!!"

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
He will not be a good NFL QB.

i think campbell will be good for one reason only- gibbs picked him. and gibbs knows something about QB's.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Who takes away the best play of a player? You don't. He burned, badly. That factors into his performance.

If anyone is being a homer, it is you, who would try to rationalize allowing a player to have a 100 yard game as not getting schooled. :laugh2: :lmao2:

tell me friend, what did Brandon Lloyd do in the 2nd half of that game?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
As long as LLoyd and Moss continue to score TD's on you guys, who cares what you label them.

#3's, #2's, hell you can call them benchwarming sock puppets for all I care. All I know is you couldn't stop us with only one reciever and a TE last year. You won't stop us with 3 recievers and Two TE's this year.

viceversa, how you gonna stop TO, Glenn and Witten? that's real talent boy