Twitter: Commanders DT Jonathan Allen out

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I mean this when I say, I don't like this. I want a perfectly healthy team to play against on Sunday. I don't want to hear any excuses when the Cowboys decimates these guys.

Honestly, as good as the Cowboys are and as bad as the Commanders are, I don't think anyone will make up excuses when we crush them... Regardless of who is or isn't on the field for them.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I never worry ab another teams excuses.. Do you think that the Commanders fans are mad that Robert Quinn isn’t playing?! Na.. I would never wish for a player to be injured, but if the are and it benefits us.. so be it. Next man up, right? That’s football folks. And it’s up to the Commanders to have depth behind Allen. If they don’t, I’m not sorry and Dallas will still kick that...!

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I never worry ab another teams excuses.. Do you think that the Commanders fans are mad that Robert Quinn isn’t playing?! Na.. I would never wish for a player to be injured, but if the are and it benefits us.. so be it. Next man up, right? That’s football folks. And it’s up to the Commanders to have depth behind Allen. If they don’t, I’m not sorry and Dallas will still kick that...!
Yep. Football is a strategy game 12 months a year. And, having adequate depth is part of that.

aria

Reaction score
That sucks for Allen, the Skins were decimated by injuries last year. Looks like this game will be even easier than I thought. These first 3 wins will be nice but I’m really looking forward to the tougher games.

Macnalty

Reaction score
That’s a HUGE blow

Allen imo isn’t far away from being fletcher cox good.....and also he’s the best player on that defense even better than Kerrigan
I agree this is a huge deal for the boys, not so sure about Fletcher Cox good but should be in the conversation for sure. This guy is the reason you need Fredbeard healthy because he is a home wrecker.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I mean this when I say, I don't like this. I want a perfectly healthy team to play against on Sunday. I don't want to hear any excuses when the Cowboys decimates these guys.

We can not control the injuries on the other team. Not like Dak went over to that game and injured this guy.

mldardy

Reaction score
I'll never understand this. I don't care if a team is healthy or not. That's not the Cowboys problem that's the other teams problem. You think the other team would feel the same way if the Cowboys had a key injury. I don't care about if another team has injuries, bad for them, good for us.

TWOK11

Reaction score

This is probably the most idiotic fan jargon in sports. “I want the opponent of my team at full strength”, no you don’t. You want your team to win. Besides, to get where you want to go you have to win in the playoffs and generally playoff teams are among the healthier teams (this why they made the playoffs). Eventually all SB caliber teams have to beat multiple good, relatively healthy teams and prove themselves. You take as many “easy” wins over hamstrung teams as you can get though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is probably the most idiotic fan jargon in sports. “I want the opponent of my team at full strength”, no you don’t. You want your team to win. Besides, to get where you want to go you have to win in the playoffs and generally playoff teams are among the healthier teams (this why they made the playoffs). Eventually all SB caliber teams have to beat multiple good, relatively healthy teams and prove themselves. You take as many “easy” wins over hamstrung teams as you can get though.
as fan maybe but as player they do want to be tested and win straight up..being battle tested going into the playoffs gets you more prepared to play better opponents..thats where that saying comes from but yes luck is part of winning and some of that is who the other team has at the time they face you..im Betting noone is wishing Luck didnt retire over in that division, there job just got 50% easier..

Aven8

Reaction score
They said once he went out yesterday the game changed for Philly. He’s a game wrecker ala Snacks Harrison. Yay for us!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't speak for me and its just bad form for you to be calling a thought process idiotic just because it is different than yours. Like you are so smart and well reasoned all the time. You sound like a barbarian, not caring about your fellow man. This is just a game so stop being so caught up at winning at any cost.