Twitter: Commanders DT Jonathan Allen out

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At no point did I say or imply "we". As a fan I do not feel any better or worse when the Cowboys beat a team with injuries.

As for the NFL, teams do not get bonus points or special consideration for playoff seeding if they beat a team without key injuries. It is part of the game that all teams deal with.
There you go thinking in terms of football rather than the quality of life of another human being. Jonathan Allen deserves more consideration than just an impediment to your favorite sports franchise's next win. Good job. :rolleyes:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You didn’t hence the reason I asked a question and not make a statement. When you said you were glad he wasn’t playing this week, I was asking for clarification because I that could be interpreted as you’re happy he’s injured.
Fair enough. Here's my answer: I don't care if he plays or not. If he's there we have to beat him, if he's not we have to beat whoever is in for him. Doesn't matter to me. But I won't bemoan the fact that we will beat them without him.

aria

Reaction score
Fair enough. Here's my answer: I don't care if he plays or not. If he's there we have to beat him, if he's not we have to beat whoever is in for him. Doesn't matter to me. But I won't bemoan the fact that we will beat them without him.
Ok, we can disagree on that but whatever, I know a lot of people who have that same view point.

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who hope and cheer for players from other teams to get injured. I think they are absolute scum and hope very bad things happen to them and their families, glad you’re not one of them :)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Actually I frequent the Eagles, Commanders and Giants SB nation boards because I like keeping up with our division foes and you would be surprised how many want and have wanted our best players out there. There were even quite a few Giants fans hoping Zeke would be playing week 1.

Not every fan wants the easiest way out, some don’t want to hear excuses and enjoy watching great athletes play, no matter what they play for. I was looking forward to watching Barkley play last night, he’s a tremendous athlete and one of the most dynamic RB’s in the league. If we had problems stopping him then so be it.
Totally agree. I hope and pray that when we play the Eagles and Patriots we will all be at full strength. Competition is what makes football great.