Commanders hire Joe Whitt Jr as defensive coordinator

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You were there.... as you watched the sinking of the luxury liner called the Dallas Cowboys...
R.dc12627eb9d243061b3abc0232773f9f
Some fans are so dramatic, lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Change is what this fan base wanted so I wouldn't freak out when some assistants follow Quinn for promotions. No doubt this will lead to change and it will be interesting what new coaches do with this group and address some flaws.

If I'm being honest I think Quinn will be with Washington for a few years before they part ways.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No! He's still under contract.......can only leave for head coach or coordinator job w/o Jerry's approval
why would you want to keep a coach who doesn't want to be here.......McCarthy is on the last year of his contract, and if things don't work out, there's going to be wholesale changes on the coaching staff...And a new defensve coordinator will want to bring in people he's familiar working with

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Change is what this fan base wanted so I wouldn't freak out when some assistants follow Quinn for promotions. No doubt this will lead to change and it will be interesting what new coaches do with this group and address some flaws.

If I'm being honest I think Quinn will be with Washington for a few years before they part ways.
:hammer: ......Honestly...I'm happy we are gonna make a move. We should have regardless how old Jerry is . That was just Jerry being short sighted...and selfish.

If he was smart....Chris Peterson

Rumor is.....he wants back in now that his kids are out of school....and are doing better.

Carson

Reaction score
:hammer: ......Honestly...I'm happy we are gonna make a move. We should have regardless how old Jerry is . That was just Jerry being short sighted...and selfish.

If he was smart....Chris Peterson

Rumor is.....he wants back in now that his kids are out of school....and are doing better.
Isn’t Petersen more of an OC??

Praxit

Reaction score
..good, ...hopefully we hang 40 on them,.before we exit playoffs.

LysleE

Reaction score
What is the atmosphere in Dallas for DQ to jump ship to become HC of a football team in flux and transition where he was the third choice? Moreover, he took Whitt Jr and possibly Harris with him limiting Jerry’s choices for an internal DC.

McMicah

Reaction score
Yall don’t blame Joe Whitt. Would you do it?? Working for a lame duck coach that likely gets fired next season with a degrading defense on a team that’s going to prioritize OL in the draft?

Joe gets 3 years with Quinn guaranteed at Washington

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I’ve been a human being much longer. I see miserable people and I feel sorry for them. It’s all in their control.
Dude, this is a football forum. Our sole purpose as fans is to either celebrate like we landed on the moon or complain about the team and its players.

Carson

Reaction score
Yall don’t blame Joe Whitt. Would you do it?? Working for a lame duck coach that likely gets fired next season with a degrading defense on a team that’s going to prioritize OL in the draft?

Joe gets 3 years with Quinn guaranteed at Washington
3 years?

two years max if they miss on that #2 pick. He’s a lame duck hire who will be kicked out if they miss the playoffs in two years

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
3 years?

two years max if they miss on that #2 pick. He’s a lame duck hire who will be kicked out if they miss the playoffs in two years
If Quinn fails in year one and/or two, his coordinators will be the first to go. It's the nature of the business. That said, a 3 year contract in DC vs. a one year deal here is clearly the safer choice, regardless of if they do well or not.