Commanders | Portis' mom fights back

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm sure many fans here believe that all Eagle fans laughed at Irvin being hurt, at Santa Claus, and encourage violent behavior toward visiting opponent fans in Philadelphia.

But you couldn't be more incorrect! I believe that type of behavior is totally wrong and should not go unpunished. Do we blame Eagle fans, or just the ones that participate in that Type of behavior!? Each individual is responsible for their own actions -- regardless of their fan affiliation. Did the beer have anything to do with either party's involvement?

I'm uncertain what the participant rate was during the game, but if that was the only incident that occurred ...it sounds like a relatively mild incident rate. I wonder how many incidents happen during games (other than games in Philly) at other stadiums, that we never hear about.

It's so unfortunate that this type of incident occurred. :eek::

Right...

But the Eagles fans have a reputation for doing that. I read an article earlier this year about the fans throwing Snowballs with batteries on them on the field and at Andy Reid. You booed Mcnabb on draft day and the Michael Irvin debacle was just another shining example of this repuation.

You also had a Courtroom in the basement of Veteran's Stadium...that right there says a whole lot...

The two articles below at least tried to shed some light on why they are the way they are:

http://www.dallascowboyz.com/articles/Foul_Eagles_Fans.asp?QVal=1&SearchKey=eagles

http://www.dallascowboyz.com/articles/Foul_Eagles_Fans_II.asp?QVal=1&SearchKey=eagles

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58 said:
Ahahahahaha

Ditto on that one lol

She was probably more PO'ed that the beer messed up her hair more then anything else :eek: .

- Mike G.
U damn skippy. I don't know many women who want beer tossed in their hair. Cuz it takes too long to get it just right.

And I also don't know many women squealing and crying waiting for their men to defend them if it's a woman who did it.
I'll say this, let a woman do that to me at a game. Woody would be proud. :cool:

If it was a man, then yeah, I may not jump up so quick. But then again, if I aim low. Dude would think twice about pouring anything else on somebody.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
U damn skippy. I don't know many women who want beer tossed in their hair. Cuz it takes too long to get it just right.

And I also don't know many women squealing and crying waiting for their men to defend them if it's a woman who did it.
I'll say this, let a woman do that to me at a game. Woody would be proud. :cool:

If it was a man, then yeah, I may not jump up so quick. But then again, if I aim low. Dude would think twice about pouring anything else on somebody.

Yep.

You just dont throw beer on somebody and think you are going to get off scott free.

They were probably bothering her because of who she was.

You know "girlfriend" had her hair all done for the big game....hell, her kneck was probably sore from trying not to let her hair touch anytime when sleeping.

:lmao2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yep.

You just dont throw beer on somebody and think you are going to get off scott free.

They were probably bothering her because of who she was.

You know "girlfriend" had her hair all done for the big game....hell, her kneck was probably sore from trying not to let her hair touch anytime when sleeping.

Because you two agree, doesn't make what you say correct. The actions of a few should never be applied to the majority. Let s/he without a criminal element fan base cast the first battery-ladden snowball. We all have skeletons in our fandom closets.

I'm not defending nor persecuting -- just know that other opponent fans don't all wear halos either!

silver

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Because you two agree, doesn't make what you say correct. The actions of a few should never be applied to the majority. Let s/he without a criminal element fan base cast the first battery-ladden snowball. We all have skeletons in our fandom closets.

I'm not defending nor persecuting -- just know that other opponent fans don't all wear halos either!
dallas fans will never throw a snow ball. a pattè filled cracker maybe but never a snow ball. and we would never allow a beer go to waste like that

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:

What the heck are you talking about? We're talking about the fact she prolly didn't like her hair being messed up. That's why she got so angry.

I don't think anybody accused YOU of tossing the beer. So why so defensive?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm sure many fans here believe that all Eagle fans laughed at Irvin being hurt, at Santa Claus, and encourage violent behavior toward visiting opponent fans in Philadelphia.

But you couldn't be more incorrect! I believe that type of behavior is totally wrong and should not go unpunished. Do we blame Eagle fans, or just the ones that participate in that Type of behavior!? Each individual is responsible for their own actions -- regardless of their fan affiliation. Did the beer have anything to do with either party's involvement?

I'm uncertain what the participant rate was during the game, but if that was the only incident that occurred ...it sounds like a relatively mild incident rate. I wonder how many incidents happen during games (other than games in Philly) at other stadiums, that we never hear about.

Been to Philly once and never again. The only stadium that i have been to that the Fans were peeing in the halls of the bathroom and in the sinks of the bathroom. A totally disgusting place!!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
silver said:
with that temper no wonder she's divorced.

you throw a cup of beer on many people (especially after what i'm sure was a lot of taunts) they're gonna probably hit you back.

i say good for her. don't go being a dork if you can't take the penalty.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

it is unfortunate. but if the "fans" don't want the rep they need to take matters into their own hands and come down on "their own". i DO FULLY AGREE it's an individual issue, but the eagles have enough "individuals" where they have a courthouse in the stadium.

any other teams fans go that far?

sorry, it's an earned rep that all fans have to deal with, but i do understand what you're saying.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Right...

Who said just because we agree doesn't make us correct?

Your fanbase has a "certain" reputation, whether it be perceived or real.

I watched the fans cheer Mike Irvin when he was injured and I watched the fans cheer a second time when they carted the guy off the field.

Why did you boo Santa?

Why did you boo Mcnabb on Draft Day and the 2nd Cowboys Game?

Why do you throw batteries with snowballs?

...I can continue.

I dont want to get into how some of that negativity seems to find it's way to the team.

Your teams tries to disrespect people's stadiums by going to mid-field and jumping up and down and stomping on their logo like you did on the Mondy Nighter against us last year and Jerry had to get the security guards to remove you.

Of course, the Falcons players acutally have some gonads and punked you guys for trying to disrespect their field on Monday Night this year.

That reminds me, I need to update my classic avatar lol lol

one_city_team_dream.gif

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

and like i said, no other stadium has a courthouse on the premises either.

staticx

Reaction score
What is the deal with the Philly fans anyways? Its just a football game..they act really immature for fans, Maybe they should growup and realize its just a game

EagleHarry

Reaction score
Tass said:
How come whenever I read these stories about NFL players and their mothers their last names rarely match? Portis' mom, McNabb's mom...jeez.

Correction: McNabb's parent's are still married. His mother is Wilma McNabb and father Sam McNabb.

For what it's worth.

hogwild

Reaction score
ever hear the saying "two wrongs don't make it right"
she needs to grow up and so do alot of you people :eek:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
hogwild said:
ever hear the saying "two wrongs don't make it right"
she needs to grow up and so do alot of you people :eek:

i've heard a lot of cliches in my time, i could lob out "mess with the bull, get the horns" also - does that help even things up?

you do something stupid, stupid things happen to you.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
What the heck are you talking about? We're talking about the fact she prolly didn't like her hair being messed up. That's why she got so angry.

Perhaps my response was too generalized and not quite specific. I'll correct that by saying ...I agree with you, no one wants a beers shampoo during a football game, and I'm sure that would anger the most tolerant person.

I don't think anybody accused YOU of tossing the beer.

You're right again.

So why so defensive?

I'm not always going to be absolutely right about all of my perspectives; arguably, I may have gotten a little defensive. But while one fans hair-do is soiled from beer splashings, another fans nose has to be reset.

As subjectively as I can say it (and then I'm out of here)...two wrongs don't make a right.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm not always going to be absolutely right about all of my perspectives; arguably, I may have gotten a little defensive. But while one fans hair-do is soiled from beer splashings, another fans nose has to be reset.

As subjectively as I can say it (and then I'm out of here)...two wrongs don't make a right.

maybe not - but i'll bet next time that eagles fan wants to get all "cute" and think they can get away with it, they may think twice. if she had a valid complaint there was a courthouse on the premises where she could have pressed her charges. : )

hogwild

Reaction score
iceberg said:
i've heard a lot of cliches in my time, i could lob out "mess with the bull, get the horns" also - does that help even things up?

you do something stupid, stupid things happen to you.
that is also a good way to lose a whole lot of good hard cash
i tend to let the police a justice system take there course.
of course i learned the hard way :mad:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
hogwild said:

heh, yep. in "these" times of it always being someone elses fault the "beer thrower" will not put the same level of importance on the retaliation used as say portis' mother.

if you go lob beer on someone, several things can happen and MOST will be bad. i only did it once in college when i poured a cup of beer on a girlfriends head after starting at her saying "i'm gonna do it if you don't get out of my way" (she was trying to stop me from going to a halloween party and i was already in my gorilla outfit)

i was wrong to dump the beer, but she knew i would do it - she shoulda moved when i said "move or i dump the beer on your head".

in this case, the fan took their chances and probably thought they'd just get a dirty look in return. i, for one, am GLAD she did it (punched her) cause there should be a penalty for stupid actions that don't stop with "now now, play nice".

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
hogwild said:

Yeah...like that woman was going to get in trouble for pouring beer on her in the first place.

And nop, 2 wrongs dont make a right, but it sure does make it even...

- Mike G.