Commanders safety Taylor being sued in assault incident

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope it's not a re-post........I didn't see it.

MIAMI (AP) -- A man has sued Washington Commanders safety Sean Taylor saying the NFL player brandished a gun at him and repeatedly hit him during a fight last June.

Ryan Hill filed the suit, seeking at least $15,000 in damages, June 27 in Miami Dade Circuit Court.

Hill suffered bruising to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Taylor, 23, reached an deal with prosecutors last month after they agreed to drop felony charges against him in the incident. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation.

A fight broke out on June 1, 2005 after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles. Taylor struck Hill "with his fists several times," and called him a thief. After the initial fight Taylor left and returned to the scene with more friends and "pointed an assault rifle" at Hill, the lawsuit said.

"This is a useless, ridiculous lawsuit," Taylor's attorney Richard Sharpstein said Monday. "Hill stole Sean's property. Hill baited him, lured him and suckered him into a fight."

Calls placed to Hill's attorney, Leonardo Canton, were not immediately returned after hours Monday.

Taylor, a former University of Miami standout, signed a seven-year, $18 million contract with the Commanders after he was drafted in 2004. He has six interceptions and 120 tackles in two NFL seasons, but has become almost as well-known for his troubles.

Taylor has been fined seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a January playoff game. He was also fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
A fight broke out on June 1, 2005 after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Apparently, Sean Taylor does not have that little guy who stands on your shoulder and reminds you of your moral aptitude and prior committments...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And of course, the obligatory sunshine pumping from Extremeskins. Apparently, he can do no wrong in their eyes

They might be right on this one -- this simply isn't a big deal. It isn't like he's in trouble over a new incident.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
They might be right on this one -- this simply isn't a big deal. It isn't like he's in trouble over a new incident.

No, he's just an unimagnable dumbarse

illone

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
unimagnable dumbarse

Oh, the irony.

You can't compare Taylor to Newton or even Michael Irvin. Both those guys were repeat offenders. This is one incident that has been drug through the dirt for two years. Obviously the DA had no case, thus the guy who actually stole the ATVs is now suing. Interesting how the truth always finds it's way out, isn't it?

TEK2000

Reaction score
Well... it gives them something to discuss during the offseason other than their overpriced free agents.

TEK2000

Reaction score
illone said:
Oh, the irony.

You can't compare Taylor to Newton or even Michael Irvin. Both those guys were repeat offenders. This is one incident that has been drug through the dirt for two years. Obviously the DA had no case, thus the guy who actually stole the ATVs is now suing. Interesting how the truth always finds it's way out, isn't it?

Depends on whose version of "the truth" you choose to believe.

The DA had such a pitiful case that Taylor plead no contest and goes thru probation/community service rather than fight it. Sounds real logical there.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
illone said:
Oh, the irony.

Not hitting the "i" key hard enough is not irony, it's poor typing skills

You bagging on Michael Irvin for posessing drugs then defending ST for something much worse, however....

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
illone said:
Oh, the irony.

You can't compare Taylor to Newton or even Michael Irvin. Both those guys were repeat offenders. This is one incident that has been drug through the dirt for two years.

Actually, a little over a year... and yet another witless Skins homer has problems with the facts...

As for the "one incident", don't be ridiculous-- Taylor has acted like a punk ever since he got drafted... first, he gets evicted from his apartment for nonpayment of rent... then, he skips out on the mandatory rookie symposium last year so that he could get all his crap out of that apartment, getting himself fined in the process (as if he didn't know that eviction was coming)...

Then he gets fined repeatedly, and gets a delightful reputation for spitting on opponents when he's pissed off...

Yeah, you Skins fans are welcome to that piece of crap... any of you who still support him are no better than he is...

Obviously the DA had no case,

Golly gee, why did Taylor cop a plea, then??

Feel free to go back to suckling on Taylor's scrotum, none of us in here cares in the slightest about your groupie-esque exoneration of everything he does...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
The DA had such a pitiful case that Taylor plead no contest and goes thru probation/community service rather than fight it. Sounds real logical there.

BTW, if they had such a pitiful case, why did Taylor so willingly cut a deal? Innocent men dont plead quilty, especially when there is no case against them.

J-DOG

Reaction score
illone said:
Oh, the irony.

Taylor's on field antics (spitting at players) plus this off the field incident:shoot1: tells me one thing....this bad apple is rotten to the core!:dissskin:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
BTW, if they had such a pitiful case, why did Taylor so willingly cut a deal? Innocent men dont plead quilty, especially when there is no case against them.
:lmao2:

DGreenFan87

Reaction score
in response to why taylor had to take the plea, is it dumb to take a plea to a small offense and just do some community service so that you're able to get back to training for the upcoming season? or should he have put his pride first and just ride this case out, and then in turn not have as much time to train?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ability to train longer is a weak excuse to take the deal. It's Sean "village idiot" Taylor for crying out loud. A choir boy could sell that story and I would buy it. ST? No way.

DGreenFan87

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The ability to train longer is a weak excuse to take the deal. It's Sean "village idiot" Taylor for crying out loud. A choir boy could sell that story and I would buy it. ST? No way.

i don't think it's a weak excuse if it's his job to train. that trial was taking way too long to get started for one reason or another. i could understand what yall are saying if he had all the time in the world to ride this case out, but i see nothing wrong with him taking a small hit so that he could get back to his life and not waste any more time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DGreenFan87 said:
i don't think it's a weak excuse if it's his job to train. that trial was taking way too long to get started for one reason or another. i could understand what yall are saying if he had all the time in the world to ride this case out, but i see nothing wrong with him taking a small hit so that he could get back to his life and not waste any more time.
You really buy that?

You interested in buying some real estate? I've got a hell of a deal for you to invest in. How much ya got?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DGreenFan87 said:
Dude, you gotta get your head out of the sand. There is something called the real world and tonight my friend, your not in it.