Commanders safety Taylor being sued in assault incident

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Dude, you gotta get your head out of the sand. There is something called the real world and tonight my friend, your not in it.
The ostrich approach to logic. If I don't see it, it doesn't exist.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DGreenFan87 said:
in response to why taylor had to take the plea, is it dumb to take a plea to a small offense and just do some community service so that you're able to get back to training for the upcoming season? or should he have put his pride first and just ride this case out, and then in turn not have as much time to train?

Yes, it IS kinda dumb-- if Sean ever runs afoul of the law again, he now has a record... he won't be getting any "first time offender" consideration...

And if he screws up in the next 18 months, he's going directly to jail...

Then there's the matter of endorsement opportunities... he's not gonna get the same kinds of offers now that he's pled that he would have if he had beat the charges at trial...

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
BTW, if they had such a pitiful case, why did Taylor so willingly cut a deal? Innocent men dont plead quilty, especially when there is no case against them.

Since when did he so "willingly" cut a deal?

The defense stood its ground for months and when an expierenced prosecutor came in and saw the case, wala deal within 6 weeks

Anyone who has been involved in any sort of legal case knows you really don't know what will happen in front of a jury. Always best to take a "community service" deal over the risk of going to trial

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Since when did he so "willingly" cut a deal?

The defense stood its ground for months and when an expierenced prosecutor came in and saw the case, wala deal within 6 weeks

Anyone who has been involved in any sort of legal case knows you really don't know what will happen in front of a jury. Always best to take a "community service" deal over the risk of going to trial

Only if you're guilty. Innocent people tend to want to remove the stigma of guilt from their name, not confirm it, as in a plea. And now, if he does anything more than a parking ticket for the next 18 months, he goes straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect your paycheck.

*tick tick tick*

What's stronger, Taylor's self control, or the 18 month deadline?

*tick tick tick*

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
O.J. didn't take a deal and look at all the evidence pilled infront of him
wait, i forgot O.J. was at least a Grown Man unlike S.T. (d)

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Who cares about this? This isn't Cowboys news. How is the Dallas Cowboys benefiting off of this.

burmafrd

Reaction score
just another chance to show the hypocrisy and stupidity of skins fans. That is always fun- even though it happens so often.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DGreenFan87 said:
i don't think it's a weak excuse if it's his job to train. that trial was taking way too long to get started for one reason or another. i could understand what yall are saying if he had all the time in the world to ride this case out, but i see nothing wrong with him taking a small hit so that he could get back to his life and not waste any more time.

To have a posting name taken from the classiest and most respected Commander player ever and turn around and defend that scum Taylor.

What is this world coming to?

:banghead:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
To have a posting name taken from the classiest and most respected Commander player ever and turn around and defend that scum Taylor.

What is this world coming to?

:banghead:
I wondered the same thing.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
And of course, the obligatory sunshine pumping from Extremeskins. Apparently, he can do no wrong in their eyes:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159424

What freaking hypocrites, they dog our 90s player like Newton and Irvin to no end, then defend the biggest thug who ever lived in Sean Taylor. He puts all the past Cowboy's players mishaps to shame.

l
l
V
"Only in America"

On 4th of July they're blaming the legal system for Sean Taylors problems.

superpunk

Reaction score
illone said:
repeat offenders.

I guess DUI's don't count as offenses, anymore. Maybe you should give the keynote address at the next MADD convention.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon said:
Only if you're guilty. Innocent people tend to want to remove the stigma of guilt from their name, not confirm it, as in a plea. And now, if he does anything more than a parking ticket for the next 18 months, he goes straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect your paycheck.

*tick tick tick*

What's stronger, Taylor's self control, or the 18 month deadline?

*tick tick tick*

Bingo

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its just a matter of time before Taylor does something else. He has no self control and very little self discipline.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
BTW, if they had such a pitiful case, why did Taylor so willingly cut a deal? Innocent men dont plead quilty, especially when there is no case against them.

hundreds of innocent men plead guilty every year just to avoid a conviction on a felony charge.
misdeamenors mean very little while a felony means a whole lot.
if your lawyer says do this and it will all go away and we wont have to go through court and by the way you won't have to pay me for a felony trial either most would consider it.

not taking up for the guy at all but until you have finished law school or been in the same kinda trouble he was in your opinions are based on ignorance and ignorance is a very dangerous thing.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Frankly with his record expecting him to last 18 months without getting in trouble again is stupid. That alone should have made the mouthpiece decide to take it to court.

TEK2000

Reaction score
stealth said:
hundreds of innocent men plead guilty every year just to avoid a conviction on a felony charge.
misdeamenors mean very little while a felony means a whole lot.
if your lawyer says do this and it will all go away and we wont have to go through court and by the way you won't have to pay me for a felony trial either most would consider it.

not taking up for the guy at all but until you have finished law school or been in the same kinda trouble he was in your opinions are based on ignorance and ignorance is a very dangerous thing.

Some of us may be ignorant when it comes to being in trouble with the law... but MOST people are smart enough to abide by the law and not be in that situation in the first place.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've said this before, but, if I was accused of something I DID NOT DO...my integrity, and selfworth, and my honesty to myself would disallow me to plead "no contest" or "guilty" to something I did not do!! :mad:

If a jury were to then find me guilty, well s--- happens, and I would have to serve my time...but, when it's all said and done, I will live the rest of my life knowing that, in the end, I was right...

Yeah, it sounds drastic on my part, but, that is what I believe in...

Only an individual that has ANY self-doubt about himself, and what he is being accused of, would plead "no contest"...because that person knows what is what, and is scared s---less of what may happen!

I think that anyone that pleads "no contest" to something HE DID NOT DO...is a mental weakling, period! First of all, don't put yourself into a bad situation if you can help it...

As for Sean "spitten thug" Taylor...his "no contest" reveals more then he knows, or any RedStink fan knows!

:dissskin: Good dog, Gibbs....

MossBurner

Reaction score
Amazing, the ATV thief claimed that he never pursued the assault charges for the money.

MossBurner

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

When did he plead guilty? I missed that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MossBurner said:
When did he plead guilty? I missed that.
Pleading no contest is practically the same as pleading guilty.