dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
yep...Tyson Walter...per KFFL

also signed Mike Pucillo from Browns to 4yr deal

David

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Didn't know he was still in the league. I would have like to have seen Tyson sign with Cleveland!:lmao:

Play with his old teammate.:p:

Homerun Trot

Reaction score
As bad as Walter is, that Pucillo guy is ten times worse. Both signings are great news for us. To quote BP if that's "Depth" then the Skins are about as deep as a kiddie pool on the OL.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Washington is searching for backups to their all-star offensive line. Let's not compare that to Dallas' situation.

And PLEASE do not downgrade the ability of Joe Bugel to find quality players even if they are backups.

Gfunk

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
What the Commanders call "depth" can't even make the Cowboys 53 man roster

he tried to make the team, what, his rookie year?

this is 5 years later, if anyone can make him a decent backup, it's Bugel

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most people did or do not like Walters because of what he did at Ohio State.

He is ok at a backup slot in a pinch, just not as starter.

Whether anyone liked him or not there was no question that he was smart in learning the system and it was said many times that he knew everyone's assignments on the line. I remember reading something where a coach or another player was saying somebody on the O-Line was having trouble learning the system and Tyson was telling them what the play was and how the play worked or something along that line.

I am not sure he was a liked player by other players but that probably goes back to his Ohio State days as well.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
he tried to make the team, what, his rookie year?

this is 5 years later, if anyone can make him a decent backup, it's Bugel

You give Bugel too much credit the Deadskin line has two first round picks and still did an above averge job last year. C. Samuels is getting Walter Jones type money, and he is an above average Tackle!

dallasfan

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Washington is searching for backups to their all-star offensive line. Let's not compare that to Dallas' situation.

And PLEASE do not downgrade the ability of Joe Bugel to find quality players even if they are backups.

All-star line? Right, um, how many of them made the pro-bowl last year? And if the pro-bowl is all about popularity, how many made the all-pro team? Bottom line Pittsburgh and Kansas City are the only teams off the top of my head that have all star lines.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yep...Tyson Walter...per KFFL

also signed Mike Pucillo from Browns to 4yr deal

David

2 more scrubs....Pucillo was a 3rd stringer in Buffalo, their line is horrible ask Bledsoe. :cool:

Catch-22

Reaction score
The face that he can't make either the Cowboys or Texans roster is very telling

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
depth, depth, depth

If you guys are counting on Tyson Walter to come in and do the job for you, you're in deep doo-doo... Pucillo ain't much, either...

Looks like the visit by Jonathan Goodwin didn't go that well... now THAT would have been a quality signing, adding depth to the OL... Goodwin can play C or either OG...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Washington is searching for backups to their all-star offensive line.

Chuckle... "all star offensive line"??

Strange how that "all star offensive line" features all of one player who has EVER been in the Pro Bowl...

Saying such a completely asinine thing marks you as the blindest, most witless of HOMERS... if the Skins' offensive line is so much better than the Cowboys', explain to me how your team only gained five more yards per game on average last season...

Let's not compare that to Dallas' situation.

Since the Boys got rid of Walter-- because he can't play a lick-- perhaps we shouldn't compare the two situations... there isn't a snowball's chance in Hades that the Cowboys would have considered signing Tyson Walter...

My fondest hope is that the Skins get to a point where they're forced to go with Tyson Walter as a starter for a few games...

[/quote]And PLEASE do not downgrade the ability of Joe Bugel to find quality players even if they are backups.[/QUOTE]

Strange how the Skins have had no depth on that offensive line for the last 2 seasons... they had to rely HEAVILY on a forty-something player on his last legs, they were so desperate for "quality players"...

If Buges thinks that Tyson Walter is a "quality player", he's gotten senile... as for Pucillo, this is a guy who started 6 of 10 games played for Cleveland last year... Cleveland ranked 26th in total offense, and Pucillo couldn't even hold on to a starting job for them... in 04, he only got into 2 games for Buffalo... but in 03, he started 12 of 13 games played... Buffalo ranked 30th that year...

In fact, thus far in his NFL career, Pucillo has yet to play an entire 16 game season... the guy is quite injury prone, having appeared in just 25 of a possible 64 games (18 starts)... and for some strange reason, every offense he's played on has been quite bad...

Suffice it to say I'm less than intimidated by these 2 signings...

silverbear

Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
The face that he can't make either the Cowboys or Texans roster is very telling

ROTFLMAO... I'd forgotten that mighty Tyson Walter is a Houston Texans' reject as well... that, my friends, is probably the worst offensive line in the league, and Walter couldn't even hang on there...

DipChit

Reaction score
Well the reason they were able to get that stiff Walter under their cap was because that dude is *paying them* a grand a week just to be on the team.

What a stooge.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
dallasfan said:
All-star line? Right, um, how many of them made the pro-bowl last year? And if the pro-bowl is all about popularity, how many made the all-pro team? Bottom line Pittsburgh and Kansas City are the only teams off the top of my head that have all star lines.

The Skins are better at every O-line position than the Cowboys.

In fact, the Skins have the best O-line in the NFC (and easily top 5 in the league) now that Hutchinson is a Viking.

Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas are perrenial pro-bowl contenders. Rabach and Dockery are very solid.

KC's line is much worse now that Shields is retired/retiring. Their overall offensive scheme and talent made that line appear more impressive than they actually were. That's now the Commanders' position with Al Saunders.