Commanders sign Tyson Walter, Pucillo

SkinsFan07

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
What facts? You're lying. Last season Brunell was sacked 27 times. Meanwhile, Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, not 36. :rolleyes: These stats from espn.com, where do you get your facts from?

Futhermore, using total yards per game is intentionally being vague. The sad thing is, you probably actually believe the load of **** you just posted. Portis gained 523 more yards than Jones, yet somehow, your OL did a better job last season. :lmao2: Portis may have played in 3 more games, but did it matter when he averaged more per carry anyway?

Don't ever call a Skins fan a homer when you can't post without lying about your team. You are the very definition of a homer.

Exactly what i'm talking about. These guys think they know more about our team than we do.

They don't even know about their own team, and the fact that Bledsoe was sacked the 2nd most times in the NFl behind the Texans! Both Dallas teams suck at blocking! LOL

don't believe us boys fans? LOOK IT UP! :lmao2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
riggo said:
silverbear, you should just let this one go.

Or maybe you guys should set aside your rampant homerism, open up your ears and listen to me... I said the same thing about the Skins' offensive line two years ago, and the Skins wound up 30th in total offense... I also said the same thing last year (to refresh your memory, that the Skins' starters were just fine, but their backups were dreck, and if the Skins ran into injuries, they'd be in trouble on offense), and though they stayed healthy MOST of the year, we both know what happened when the injury bug bit, and it wasn't pretty...

And as I've said, basically all the Skins have done this year is replaced Brown and Raymer with Walter and Pucillo... maybe you want to believe that Walter has some game, but he couldn't stick with OUR offensive line, which was REALLY struggling back then, and he couldn't even get on the field for the Texans last year, who had probably the worst OL in the game... you might want to tell yourself this is an upgrade, but unless Gibbs has more moves up his sleeve, the Skins are in the EXACT same predicament they were in last year-- their line will go downhill REAL fast if it suffers and injury or two...

the skins line is pretty good- certainly better than dallas'. no homerism here-

I keep hearing that silly crapola, and I keep laughing at it... in spite of suffering an injury to their best offensive lineman before the season was half over, the Cowboys' offense put up numbers just nearly as good as the Skins did last year (the Skins averaged five more yards per game)... given that I'm sure you'd argue that the Skins' offensive skill position players were better than the Cowboys last year, and I'd give you a small edge there too, if your line was REALLY that much better, then you'd expect your offense to have a considerably greater advantage than five measly yards...

thats just the way it is. your own people are admitting as much.

Then some of "my own people" don't know too much about football... I have laid the facts out there, for about the dozenth time now, and for some strange reason, none of you in the "Skins' offensive line is better than the Cowboys'" has even TRIED to step up and either refute or explain the closeness of the two teams' offensive stats...

All of this is before we even consider the quality of the depth on both teams' lines... the Cowboys have a clear edge there, they will be much better equipped to handle injury than the Skins will... oh, injuries will still hurt their effectiveness, but not nearly as badly as it would the Skins' line...

not trying to instigate, but this debate is silly.

Gee, I'm sorry you find it silly, but I stand by what I said... and like I've also said, I was dead right about this the last two years... so you go on telling yourself I'm full of it, I'll stand on my record...

FWIW, over on another board (I'll be happy to tell you which one in a PM, it seems like bad form to plug other boards in here), I also had an argument with Skins fans over the team's defense last year, an argument that started in the week following our loss to y'all in Dallas... what I predicted was that the Skins would finish outside of the top 5, but in the top 10 in total defense... I also predicted that at season's end, the Boys would be in the top 10 too...

And lo and behold, a quick check of the stats on NFL.com has the Skins at 9th in total defense, the Cowboys at 10th... looks like I made a pretty shrewd coupla calls there, didn't I??

As I said, if you doubt my veracity on that one, PM me, and I can point you at the proof...

One of these days, you and some of your brother Skins fans are gonna figure out that I actually understand the game of football pretty well... I won't suggest that you don't know football, I think this is more a case of preseason wishful thinking...

Over the years, I've seen a LOT of that from Skins fans, LOL... but I'm also guilty of that from time to time, try as I might to analyze the Boys dispassionately...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsFan07 said:
We all know that any NFL coach/owner would take Thomas, Samuels, and Jansen over the cowboys "best 3" offensive linemen, anyday.

That might well be true, but it's totally irrelevant to my argument, which is that the Skins' depth on the offensive line positively sucks... I've said it over and over and over and over again, the Skins' line will be just fine (not as good as some of y'all would have us believe, but good enough) so long as they don't suffer ANY injuries...

But if, say, a Jon Jansen were to suffer a season-ending injury in preseason (the way they did two seasons ago), then the Skins are up the creek without a paddle... let them suffer one more injury early or midway through the season, and Portis will be wondering where all the holes went, while Brunell will be running for his life...

Yeah, I'd give the Skins' starting five an edge over the Cowboys' (not a huge edge, the stats don't lie, but an edge), but I'd give the Boys a rather large advantage in the depth department... let's put it this way-- if the Skins and Boys both lost two starters by midseason, both teams' offenses would struggle, but the Boys would put up noticeably better stats...

silverbear

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
What facts? You're lying. Last season Brunell was sacked 27 times. Meanwhile, Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, not 36. :rolleyes: These stats from espn.com, where do you get your facts from?

You're quite right, I don't know where in God's name I got those numbers from... I do apologize, I don't like being so inaccurate...

Portis gained 523 more yards than Jones,

And you talk about being disingenuous with the stats... you don't reckon that maybe, just maybe, part of the explanation for that is how the Skins' other RBs carried the ball 116 times, while the Cowboys' other running backs carried the ball 220 times, do ya??

Don't ever call a Skins fan a homer when you can't post without lying about your team.

There is a rather large difference between lying, and being mistaken... I don't really care if you believe me or not, but I don't care enough about an online football argument to diminish my character by lying... you can call me an abusive jerk, and you'd be right, but if you try to label me a liar, then you just don't know *** you're talking about...

And my basic argument still stands, the Cowboys suffered a season-ending injury to their best offensive lineman before the midway point of the season, a guy who had played in the last 2 Pro Bowls, and even with that adversity, they wound up averaging 5 whole less yards per game than the Skins did... given that the Boys did NOT have any significant advantage in the offensive skill position players (in fact, the Skins probably had a slight advantage in those areas), then it is patently obvious to anybody with a lick of sense that their offensive line had to be performing as efficiently as the Skins' did, or really close to it...

And since the end of the season, which one of our teams has done a better job of upgrading their offensive line?? Here's a hint-- you guys have lost Raymer and Brown, and replaced them with two players not as good in Walter and Pucillo... meanwhile, the Boys have clearly upgraded at RT with Jason Fabini over Rob Petitti, and they added Kyle Kosier to replace Larry Allen... I won't go so far as to call that an upgrade, though it could be-- I'll have to see how Kosier performs for the Boys... but the bottom line is, we've brought in two new STARTERS to upgrade our line, while you guys have added two marginal BACKUPS...

Advantage, Cowboys... I'd still take your starting five over ours, but not if I also had to accept the stiffs you've got sitting on the bench, instead of going with ours...

You are the very definition of a homer.

I'm crushed by the weight of your disapproval... :lmao2:

SkinsFan07

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
That might well be true, but it's totally irrelevant to my argument, which is that the Skins' depth on the offensive line positively sucks... I've said it over and over and over and over again, the Skins' line will be just fine (not as good as some of y'all would have us believe, but good enough) so long as they don't suffer ANY injuries...

But if, say, a Jon Jansen were to suffer a season-ending injury in preseason (the way they did two seasons ago), then the Skins are up the creek without a paddle... let them suffer one more injury early or midway through the season, and Portis will be wondering where all the holes went, while Brunell will be running for his life...

Yeah, I'd give the Skins' starting five an edge over the Cowboys' (not a huge edge, the stats don't lie, but an edge), but I'd give the Boys a rather large advantage in the depth department... let's put it this way-- if the Skins and Boys both lost two starters by midseason, both teams' offenses would struggle, but the Boys would put up noticeably better stats...

PLEASE READ GAMEBREAKER'S post for the CORRECT STATS. Your stats about us giving up more sacks and having less yards than the boys is totally incorrect. If you read Gamebreakers post, it clearly says that we gave up less sacks, and gained more total yards than you guys did. Just check total offense, total sacks allowed, and total rush yards, if you don't think we gave up less sacks then you guy.

And you are right about us having depth that isn't that great.

But who's is? No one is gonna have an allstart starter and have another allstar to back him up. It just wouldnt make sense. WE filled the holes we needed too, and hopefuuly Walter doesnt play at all.

How is your depth so much better anyway?