Commanders sign Tyson Walter, Pucillo

bh32

Reaction score
you guys have a nerve to talk about washington's offensive line.the dallas line couldn't block a pop warner teams deffensive line.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I guess its fun to trash them, but the Skins did beat us twice last yr, royally beat the hell out of in a key December game up there, made the playoffs and won a road playoff game

thats better than anything we've done since January 1997, when we beat Minnesota at home in the playoffs before losing to Carolina

just food for thought, but in 3yrs Parcells has one playoff team and an 0-1 (and embarrasing 0-1 in the playoffs) record, Gibbs in 2yrs has rebuilt a very bad Commander team and won a road playoff game

David

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
The Skins are better at every O-line position than the Cowboys.

It's official-- you're an idiot...

The Skins averaged five yards per game more than the Cowboys did... and yet, I'm sure a homer like you would argue the Skins had the better running back, the better quarterback (Brunell had a slightly better QBR), a TE just nearly as good as Witten, and a superior receiver to anything the Cowboys had...

With all that superior talent at the skill positions, the Skins ought to rank MUCH higher than the Cowboys did offensively...

In fact, the Skins have the best O-line in the NFC (and easily top 5 in the league) now that Hutchinson is a Viking.

Yeah, RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTT... strange how that "best O-line in the NFC" only resulted in the fifth best offense in the NFC... and that "easily top 5 in the league" only resulted in 11th best offense in the league...

If the line was as good as you say it is, they'd be at the top of the league... yet they ranked 11th last year, 30th the year before (the only new starter from that season is Rabach) and 23rd in 2003...

The facts just don't support your asinine, homeristic rant...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
silverbear said:

The Skins averaged five yards per game more than the Cowboys did... and yet, I'm sure a homer like you would argue the Skins had the better running back, the better quarterback (Brunell had a slightly better QBR), a TE just nearly as good as Witten, and a superior receiver to anything the Cowboys had...

With all that superior talent at the skill positions, the Skins ought to rank MUCH higher than the Cowboys did offensively...

Yeah, RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTT... strange how that "best O-line in the NFC" only resulted in the fifth best offense in the NFC... and that "easily top 5 in the league" only resulted in 11th best offense in the league...

If the line was as good as you say it is, they'd be at the top of the league... yet they ranked 11th last year, 30th the year before (the only new starter from that season is Rabach) and 23rd in 2003...

There is absolutely no talking sense to Commanders fans. You can beat htem in every argument, but they just don't get it.

Manster54

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

In fact, the Skins have the best O-line in the NFC (and easily top 5 in the league) now that Hutchinson is a Viking.

Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas are perrenial pro-bowl contenders. Rabach and Dockery are very solid.

KC's line is much worse now that Shields is retired/retiring. Their overall offensive scheme and talent made that line appear more impressive than they actually were. That's now the Commanders' position with Al Saunders.

As much as I want to be a homer, the guy is right. I would trade any three of our Oline for Samuels, Jansen & Thomas. Although, Thomas did fx his leg.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Manster54 said:
As much as I want to be a homer, the guy is right. I would trade any three of our Oline for Samuels, Jansen & Thomas. Although, Thomas did fx his leg.

yea but our line kinda sucks, so your not saying much.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
silverbear said:

You're crazy. Even your fellow Cowboy fans (with brains) agree with me. See few posts below your post. Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas are all excellent players that deserve the pro bowl each year.

Blah blah blah stats stats stats... 14-13, 35-7 are the only numbers that mattered last year. And that awful offensive line in Washington was one injury (Randy Thomas) from probably beating Seattle in the second round of the playoffs. People that know anything about football saw how that drastically affected our offense against TB and Seattle.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
You're crazy. Even your fellow Cowboy fans (with brains) agree with me. See few posts below your post. Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas are all excellent players that deserve the pro bowl each year.

Blah blah blah stats stats stats... 14-13, 35-7 are the only numbers that mattered last year. And that awful offensive line in Washington was one injury (Randy Thomas) from probably beating Seattle in the second round of the playoffs. People that know anything about football saw how that drastically affected our offense against TB and Seattle.
the new numbers that count are the 1s that you guys put on your overpaid free agents contracts :laugh1:. but yea 14-13 due to 2 big plays and a few crappy kicks due to cortez. so your line has nothing to do with 14-13, they had to do with 0-13 im sorry. and 35-7 come on now, who was playing that game? you may be right you guys swept us, but that doesnt change the fact that the 2 guys you signed, suck major and honestly stop talking about your guys' "Pro Bowl" lineman, they are not as good as you think, maybe better than ours but still not good.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Depth moves fellas, if we have to rely on them long term its not a good situation

Thats why they are NFL backups and not starters, they are there to fill a spot in a pinch

The key thing with both of them is they can play multiple positions, which is what Gibbs was looking for in our "depth" guys

Considering the way we ran the ball and protected in December with our starters, I am very comfortable with the o-line situation

Brunell somehow had to have time to throw two hail mary's, right guys?

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
the new numbers that count are the 1s that you guys put on your overpaid free agents contracts :laugh1:. but yea 14-13 due to 2 big plays and a few crappy kicks due to cortez. so your line has nothing to do with 14-13, they had to do with 0-13 im sorry. and 35-7 come on now, who was playing that game? you may be right you guys swept us, but that doesnt change the fact that the 2 guys you signed, suck major and honestly stop talking about your guys' "Pro Bowl" lineman, they are not as good as you think, maybe better than ours but still not good.
wow be easy on the skins fan! :lmao2:

As for their lineman, i'd take Jansen, Samuels, and especially Thomas who all the "experts" said was playing at a pro-bowl level before he got hurt. As long as they don't get hurt, then those other 2 bums they signed won't have to replace anyone, so what's the argument about? They just got them b/c they needed more o-linemen since 40 yr old Ray Brown retired.

dallasfan

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas are perrenial pro-bowl contenders. Rabach and Dockery are very solid.

KC's line is much worse now that Shields is retired/retiring. Their overall offensive scheme and talent made that line appear more impressive than they actually were. That's now the Commanders' position with Al Saunders.

Oh I see, just because your better than us makes it all star worthy. Samuels is over-rated, Flozell is just as good as him. Randy Thomas is very good, and so is Jansen, but Rabach is averege, and Dockery is below averege.

Manster54

Reaction score
bh32 said:
flozell is nowhere is good as samuels.

I think Samuels is slightly better than Flo, but not by much. Samuels has problems w/the speed guys.

I am really interested to see how Flo does w/o Larry Allen next to him.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I think Joe Bugel is overrated but he is still better than anyone we have. Having a great offensive line is an art form. I truly believe that success on the offensive line has as much if not more to do with the skills and knowledge of the offensive linemen than their size and athleticism. I have seen some great offensive lineman in college do nothing in the NFL because they joined a bad team with weak coaching. Likewise, some teams known to have great offensive lines can seemingly turn any late round pick into an absolute stud because their system aka coaching is solid.

NorTex

Reaction score
I don't think these skinnies fans understand depth. Depth is more than a football word. Depth means if your starter gets hurt, that guy that was your depth is now starting.

Tyson Walter...now that's funny!

bh32

Reaction score
i just think dallas fans are over estimating their line.they brought in two new starters that have no chemestry with the other linemen.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Thats not what he said. He said they were better than our guys, he never said they were probowl material. Big difference.g

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
bh32 said:
i just think dallas fans are over estimating their line.they brought in two new starters that have no chemestry with the other linemen.

Yet they arent rookies and Fabini has played in the offense we run. Chemistry is thrown off by rookies and players who are thrown in the starting lineup when injuries happen. Chemistry can be a good thing or a bad thing but we have experienced guys who arent slugs (except for Gurode and Tucker) starting. I still dont think we are done addressing this area. The draft will bring us at least 1 first day pick IMO.