Commish Screwing Zeke Has Led To This. Voided Guaranteed Money

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Zeke likely sees his career under Garrett as a dead end , he wants money or wants out .

Having a mediocre head coach is a career killer for elite players .

That's why Witten coming back was so confusing to me. I figured one reason why he retired in the first place was because he knew he wasn't getting a ring with the process puppet around. Guess it was just love of the game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 23 year old millionaire doing stupid things is probably a pretty common place considering 23 year old broke people do dumb stuff all the time. just remember when you were 23. If someone followed you with a camera what would they have seen. The kid isn't a criminal and has never been arrested or even booked, forget charged with anything.

The obvious point you are missing is that it is different for Zeke than it was for me because he DOES have someone following him with a camera, and everything he does in public can be seen by any and everyone, including his employer, and his mom and dad and other relatives. And, it can affect his ability to continue making money at his chosen profession. If I were in that situation at 24 years old, and millions of dollars were being risked by my stupid behavior, and my stupid behavior was on public display for my parents and relatives and anyone else I love and respect to see, I have zero doubt I would amend my behavior.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke likely sees his career under Garrett as a dead end , he wants money or wants out .

Having a mediocre head coach is a career killer for elite players .

Yeah, he must hate being an NFL rushing champion and being used as one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL and going to the playoffs. What a drag.

Praxit

Reaction score
Poor Zeke the victim. Beats his GF, gets drunk and does stupid things, then gets suspended for it and ruins our season.

And he keeps on doing it. Now he is in Cabo holding out with two years left on his contract while the rest of his team work hard in TC.

Poor guy. LOL
...but Pollard, Weber and now Morris are licking their chops to opportunity knocking.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I think it is a pretty poor argument, why would Dallas pay with two years left on the contract, when have they ever done that?

It seems a strategic mistake on Zekes part, I don't think he is getting good advice right now.
They've done it quite a few times. Romo, Jay Ratliff, and Orlando Scandrick come to mind

coult44

Reaction score
When Zeke got screwed by the Commish and was suspended to be made an example of, one of the consequences of that is that under the personal conduct policy, a player that is suspended automatically loses any guaranteed money left on his contract.

So, when Zeke got suspended, all his guaranteed money went bye bye.

So if you are Zeke, you know that if you get seriously hurt this year, you are screwed. It is the same reason that star players dont want to play under the one year franchise tag, because if you get seriously hurt then you are SOL.

So that is why Zeke is holding out wanting a new contract. A new contract has new guaranteed money.

Is it the commissioners fault that Zeke is not marketable? Is it Rogers fault that a two time NFL rushing leader has ZERO endorsements? That’s on Zeke Buddy.. I get it, These guys are self entitled since they were in first grade pop warner. He’s done this to himself.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
We all know that Roger looks for trouble. Keep your nose clean and Roger can’t do anything to you.

Drives me nuts when players from the team I root for do stupid crap and get the attention of Roger.

If you (a player) wants to goof off, get drunk and high....do it after you retire, and Roger can’t touch you.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
When Zeke got screwed by the Commish and was suspended to be made an example of, one of the consequences of that is that under the personal conduct policy, a player that is suspended automatically loses any guaranteed money left on his contract.

So if you are Zeke, you know that if you get seriously hurt this year, you are screwed. It is the same reason that star players dont want to play under the one year franchise tag, because if you get seriously hurt then you are SOL.

So that is why Zeke is holding out wanting a new contract. A new contract has new guaranteed money.
So why didn’t he hold out last off-season?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
That's why Witten coming back was so confusing to me. I figured one reason why he retired in the first place was because he knew he wasn't getting a ring with the process puppet around. Guess it was just love of the game.

Yep, if some miracle we do get into the playoffs , its one and done under garrett .,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I've been saying for a while that the unguaranteeing of Zeke's contract was a problem that legitimately needed a fix. But fixing that problem doesn't entitle Zeke out of his contract and a new free agent money contract.

Jerry should just re-guarantee the money in the rookie contract. As long as Zeke shows up. If he doesn't show up for games, Jerry should claw back prorated signing bonus.