Commish Screwing Zeke Has Led To This. Voided Guaranteed Money

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but you don't know what could happen before then. Especially with his track record

I assume by "happen" you mean that he could get suspended.

He does not get paid while suspended even with a new mega-contract.

He would have the signing bonus but most contracts now have lower signing bonuses with most of the guarantees in the form of guaranteed salaries.
- He would not get those guaranteed salaries if suspended.

When teams have concern about player conduct, they insist on a contract structure around that concern.

The Dez contract had multiple different methods built in to it with regards to guaranteed money.
- They cut him due to performance reasons; therefore he got all the guaranteed money.
- If Dez had gotten into trouble, he would have lost a good bit of guaranteed money relative to standard contracts.

The agent is putting Zeke at risk. If they had done the holdout next year, it's a bigger threat because the team might really believe he would holdout the entire season.

Little Jr

Reaction score
That was a 100% witch hunt. The one lady who actually spoke to the accuser stated there was no case there. And the DA Lisa Friel's family has owned giants season tickets for 30 years and has a shrine of eli in her basement. Yeh no bias there. The whole thing was a joke. So if that happened to you would you be so trusting? Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
Yeah, can't have the conspiracy theory debate again.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, can't have the conspiracy theory debate again.
No it was a joke that a professional organization let someone with obvious, blatant bias be directly involved. My brother is a doctor. When I had surgery on my foot years ago broke it playing basketball. He was not allowed to be involved due to BIAS. It's a real thing not conspiracy

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seems like its a pretty good strategy to me, Steven Jones is even saying Gurley money is the starting point to negotiations. So why would Zeke not hold out?

Zeke is going to get a new deal and soon...........trust me.
Gurley money......next year. Not this year. Let Zeke keep holding out. He will learn the hard way, especially when the Cowboys running game does well enough without him.

J-man

Reaction score
(sorry from another post just trying to get eyes on it and get feed back)

So I was doing some research of my own and if I have all the numbers correct, to-date, Zeke has been paid a total of $17,015,658 for 3 years of work in Dallas. **However, that's less whatever he lost due to his suspension (but that's on him anyway).

He's owed $7,940,655 in 2019 and we already picked up his 5th yr option for 2020 at $9,099,000. A total of $17,039,655 for the next 2 yrs, guaranteed.
If we tag him in 2021, it will be (currently) at $11,353,000 and $13,622,400 if we do it again in 2022. For those next 4 yrs, the total would be $42,014,055, guaranteed.
The guaranteed grand total for his first 7 years as Dallas Cowboy would be $59,029,713. An ave. of $8,432,816/yr.
And he wants a raise!

If we are some how able to sign Dak, Cooper and Zeke all basically at the same time, than I say do it. Here's your offer Zeke:
First we tear up the current contracts for 2019 and 2020.
Next we offer him to a new 5 year, $60 million contract. $52m guaranteed with a $35m signing bonus.
Break down:
Year Base Bonus Cap Hit
2019 $14m $7m $21m
2020 $14m $7m $21m
2021 $13m $7m $20m
2022 $11m $7m $18m
2023 $8m $7m $15m

I kind of see this as a win/win. He gets the $60m number he's pining for. He's guaranteed $ will be paid off in the first 4 years of the deal, same as tagging him and basically for only another $10m more than we would have paid him anyway. We get him for 5yrs instead of 4. He will be a Dallas Cowboy for the first 8 years of his NFL career, getting paid a grand total of $ 77,015,658 which is an ave. of $9,626,957/yr.

What ya'll think?

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is . I've seen Elliot Elliott pull some college girls blouse over her head to expose her breasts. Lucky wasn't my daughter
As a fellow father, I feel ya but what Goodell "officially" disciplined Elliott for had nothing to do with that particular incident. And do not get me wrong. I did not have a problem with Goodell slapping Elliott with a punishment of some type.

It is hypocritical on my part but I do not mind players being reminded Big Brother is always watching. I would have been okay with a fine or a one-game suspension at most over Elliott associating with a liar who tried to drag him down with a lie. That type of punishment, although unfair, would have, hopefully, lingered in the back of Elliott's mind about whom he chose to associate in the future. Unfortunately, the actual excessive penalty likely exacerbated Elliott's daily decision making traits.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All I know is . I've seen Elliot Elliott pull some college girls blouse over her head to expose her breasts. Lucky wasn't my daughter
You do realize she was already flashing people. And prolly smashed the whole squad later in the telly especially since she had no issues with zeke helping her show her breasts. The nfl tried to get her to be upset about it and she squashed it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
(sorry from another post just trying to get eyes on it and get feed back)

So I was doing some research of my own and if I have all the numbers correct, to-date, Zeke has been paid a total of $17,015,658 for 3 years of work in Dallas. **However, that's less whatever he lost due to his suspension (but that's on him anyway).

He's owed $7,940,655 in 2019 and we already picked up his 5th yr option for 2020 at $9,099,000. A total of $17,039,655 for the next 2 yrs, guaranteed.
If we tag him in 2021, it will be (currently) at $11,353,000 and $13,622,400 if we do it again in 2022. For those next 4 yrs, the total would be $42,014,055, guaranteed.
The guaranteed grand total for his first 7 years as Dallas Cowboy would be $59,029,713. An ave. of $8,432,816/yr.
And he wants a raise!

If we are some how able to sign Dak, Cooper and Zeke all basically at the same time, than I say do it. Here's your offer Zeke:
First we tear up the current contracts for 2019 and 2020.
Next we offer him to a new 5 year, $60 million contract. $52m guaranteed with a $35m signing bonus.
Break down:
Year Base Bonus Cap Hit
2019 $14m $7m $21m
2020 $14m $7m $21m
2021 $13m $7m $20m
2022 $11m $7m $18m
2023 $8m $7m $15m

I kind of see this as a win/win. He gets the $60m number he's pining for. He's guaranteed $ will be paid off in the first 4 years of the deal, same as tagging him and basically for only another $10m more than we would have paid him anyway. We get him for 5yrs instead of 4. He will be a Dallas Cowboy for the first 8 years of his NFL career, getting paid a grand total of $ 77,015,658 which is an ave. of $9,626,957/yr.

What ya'll think?
So we pay him 87m over the next 4 years instead of 42m? Yeah that's GREAT for him. Lol

Little Jr

Reaction score
You do realize she was already flashing people. And prolly smashed the whole squad later in the telly especially since she had no issues with zeke helping her show her breasts. The nfl tried to get her to be upset about it and she squashed it.
She had no problem afterwards. But she slapped his hand and pull her shirt back up immediately. Sometime I hope some you don't have kids, especially daughters.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
When Zeke got screwed by the Commish and was suspended to be made an example of, one of the consequences of that is that under the personal conduct policy, a player that is suspended automatically loses any guaranteed money left on his contract.

So, when Zeke got suspended, all his guaranteed money went bye bye.

So if you are Zeke, you know that if you get seriously hurt this year, you are screwed. It is the same reason that star players dont want to play under the one year franchise tag, because if you get seriously hurt then you are SOL.

So that is why Zeke is holding out wanting a new contract. A new contract has new guaranteed money.
Natural consequences

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Zeke got screwed by the Commish and was suspended to be made an example of, one of the consequences of that is that under the personal conduct policy, a player that is suspended automatically loses any guaranteed money left on his contract.

So, when Zeke got suspended, all his guaranteed money went bye bye.

So if you are Zeke, you know that if you get seriously hurt this year, you are screwed. It is the same reason that star players dont want to play under the one year franchise tag, because if you get seriously hurt then you are SOL.

So that is why Zeke is holding out wanting a new contract. A new contract has new guaranteed money.

If he's hurt his contract isn't automatically voided though. The team can't just cut an injured player and be done with him. Plus, they would want to keep him and try and get him healthy because that is the only way to get return on the investment they have made so far.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 3 kids. A boy and 2 girls. My daughters wouldn't be out there to begin with. Decision making starts in the home. Dummies like you think big scary men abduct girls and put them in bad situations.

You mean there aren't scary men that abduct girls? Not all girls that are abducted are in bad situations to begin with. Some are just walking through a parking lot or down the street. And even if they are in a bad situation, that doesn't mean they are deserving of being abducted or that the guy that abducts them is blameless

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You mean there aren't scary men that abduct girls? Not all girls that are abducted are in bad situations to begin with. Some are just walking through a parking lot or down the street. And even if they are in a bad situation, that doesn't mean they are deserving of being abducted or that the guy that abducts them is blameless
Bruh come back to planet earth. lol. We were talking about the girl flashing with zeke. I was saying those guys didn't abduct her and make her do those things.

aria

Reaction score
Here we go again, pooooooor Zeke is the real victim here :rolleyes: I swear he could spit in some of your faces and you would say “bless you” and make excuses for him. He’s been known to have character issues since college and has been as big of a headache as expected. He’s nothing but a spoiled, entitled, bullying punk, immature brat who carries purses and wears belly shirts.

This team can succeed without him, I hope Stephen or Jerry don’t budge, for once in his life (second time actually) he’s facing adversity and may not get what he wants. I don’t know how the poor bug headed dope will handle this, it mus be traumatizing for him to be in Cabo while his teammates are practicing as a TEAM in Oxnard! Poor poor Zeke, what will he ever do without the largest contract for a RB in NFL history? He might be forced to look for a part time gig as an extra Ewok for the next Star Wars film.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Here we go again, pooooooor Zeke is the real victim here :rolleyes: I swear he could spit in some of your faces and you would say “bless you” and make excuses for him. He’s been known to have character issues since college and has been as big of a headache as expected. He’s nothing but a spoiled, entitled, bullying punk, immature brat who carries purses and wears belly shirts.

This team can succeed without him, I hope Stephen or Jerry don’t budge, for once in his life (second time actually) he’s facing adversity and may not get what he wants. I don’t know how the poor bug headed dope will handle this, it mus be traumatizing for him to be in Cabo while his teammates are practicing as a TEAM in Oxnard! Poor poor Zeke, what will he ever do without the largest contract for a RB in NFL history? He might be forced to look for a part time gig as an extra Ewok for the next Star Wars film.
You are not supposed to mix emotions with business. You sound very emotional.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Elliott's choices have directly led to this. Just like his choice to hold out.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Poor Zeke the victim. Beats his GF, gets drunk and does stupid things, then gets suspended for it and ruins our season.

And he keeps on doing it. Now he is in Cabo holding out with two years left on his contract while the rest of his team work hard in TC.

Poor guy. LOL
Except he didn’t beat his GF, it was documented she was extorting him and said she make it up IN HER OWN TEXT! Her BF even sided with Zeke. So, no.

kumizi

Reaction score
The Cowboys will pay him. No team in the league is as dependent on their running back. And they have no real backups. Pollard was more of a gadget player in college than a take the handoff RB.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I decided to re-watch the TMZ video to refresh my memory. A difference of opinion will remain on the subject.

The woman was flashing. At a certain point, Elliott decided to flash her body.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself. In my opinion, the woman can flash her own body. She can get butt-naked nude if that floats her boat. She has only herself to blame if her flashing habit gets her arrested some day for indecent exposure.

However, it is her body. It is her clothing. No one breathing on Earth should touch her unless she gave prior consent. Joking and pranking are excuses and are not exceptions. From appearances (e.g. what was seen in the video), Elliott was in the wrong.

Now, Elliott is innocent if she told him to pull down her blouse before he did it and she acted surprised afterwards. Voluntary prior consent does not automatically let you off the hook if the only disagreed upon event that happened was according to your own plan. She would be as guilty as the young woman who attempted to frame Elliott if that were the case.