Twitter: Comp picks announced

aikemirv

Reaction score
so you can't trade comp picks but can you immediately trade the player you chose with a comp pick?

J12B

Reaction score
And think how more exciting it would have been if we had the 3rd pick. But hey, some casual fans got to wave their pom poms while we beat the niners and Bengals with 3rd string QB's.

Would have been nice, but having Dak signed now means we can do pretty much whatever we want at 10.

And there will probably be 3 QBs taken 1-9. Maybe 4 QBs. Very good chance we get a top 5 defender in the draft.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
That's a nice haul of picks. Remind me, who did we lose a year ago to get us these?

HungryLion

Reaction score
You trading up on those picks or you standing pat?

In the first round no.

I would be interested and down for some movement in the second or 3rd though.
If you see somebody in the late first who you think is a stud. And want to get them before day 1 is over for instance. Something like that.

Wouldn’t be bad to get somebody with the 32nd pick and get that 5th year option on the contract too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would have been nice, but having Dak signed now means we can do pretty much whatever we want at 10.

And there will probably be 3 QBs taken 1-9. Maybe 4 QBs. Very good chance we get a top 5 defender in the draft.

If we get one of those two corners, that will be a home run first round pick for me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is making me REALLY think now that maybe with all these picks we SHOULD GO Slater OL at #10 shore up that Offensive Line than go crazy Defense all the way

I would have no issues with Slater at 10. You can never have enough OL and he very well may be BPA when the 10th pick comes.

I wouldn’t hate the pick. That’s for sure.

Turk

Reaction score
4 extra picks. There will be some draft day movement by the Cowboys for sure. Too bad for the Dak haters as they’ve already given up on the next 4 years.
too bad you know about as much about football as you do everything else- NOTHING!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, thanks.

Another thing is the league awards 32 comp picks. Which is essentially an 8th round of the draft. If there arent 32 that qualify for a comp pick then they just begin another round with the draft order that year until they get to 32 picks. So if there are only 30 comp picks earned in a year, the teams picking 1st and 2nd that year will get a comp pick to get to the 32 total.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jerry will trade some of them to go up a few spots to nab somebody that would have still been there at our original spot. Just because he can.

Turk

Reaction score
Jerry will trade some of them to go up a few spots to nab somebody that would have still been there at our original spot. Just because he can.
Well at least that tendency appears to have disappeared....

Knock on wood....

phildadon86

Reaction score
considering how badly our defensive drafts have been, we need FA's to make up and paying that money to dak means we can't.

Wow the actual football ignorance by you dak knob jobbers is amazing!
You mean under Rod? You know hes in Las Vegas right? Diggs is going to be a stud, Gallimore flashed last season. We are drafting for talent now not scheme. Football ignorance eh? Pot meet kettle.

garyv

Reaction score
I’m all for Slater as he’s the only dude in college to shut down chase young

my heart tells me he will make the biggest impact and look with extra picks there is plenty of Defensive Players available later you may not get
a Surtain, Farley or Horn but you could probably get guys like Safety GRant in the 2nd Round, McNeil DT in the 3rd round and honestly a very
high percentage of Linebackers will be around in the 4th round the only position I honestly might try to improve some in free agency is CB.
Guys like Richard Sherman he knows Quinn's defense want cost you arm and leg.