Twitter: Comp picks announced

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
These are comp picks for Jones, Quinn, Cobb and the GOAT (Heath)? What about Griffin?

ondaedg

Reaction score
I love the fact that they are cheering for losses. Cowboys are coming off a great draft, we have a top 10 pick in each round and 5 other comp picks, and we get 3 pro bowlers and Collins back from injury. All we need to really do is get this defense middle of the pack in both yards and turnovers and we will be one of the better teams in the NFC.

The trolls will just continue to take more of a beating.

ya an average defense would be dreamy. Top ten in takeaways would be a mega dream.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is good news. 11 total picks.
4 picks in the top 100.
that’s excellent.

Trade back 10, trade Gallup, and have 6 picks in the top 100. We really do have a lot of ammo to upgrade the defense with, and we've got the premier positions covered with DLaw and Gregory.

A whole lotta wasted money *should* come off the defense too. Jaylon, Crawford, Lee, and all the free agent waste from last year. And Dak's cap hit is coming *down* this year.

With a temporary crunch on the cap and owner's cash flow likely to be followed by a huge cash and cap upsurge with new tv contracts, Deep Pockets Jerry is in a position to take advantage of the crunch this year better than most.

I'm a big time cap penny pincher, but I hope and somewhat expect Jerry to push some cap into the future to take advantage of this big buying opportunity.

Time for some shiny new toys on defense. Doesn't have to be top tier players, but maybe near the top. Probably one or two multiyear contracts for quality defensive starters coming.

And probably one high risk player coming. If anyone will scrape ET out of the bargain bin, it's Jerry, and we do have ET's old DC during two All Pro and SB years as our shiny new DC. Seems inevitable. Certainly the best fit in the league for ET.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
BUt but but we cant fix the defense because we paid Dak. wah wah wah
But but but .... you can draft all defense if you want and not a single one of them could make an impact.

It's all about luck. Having a bunch of picks means nothing if those picks don't produce.

phildadon86

Reaction score
But but but .... you can draft all defense if you want and not a single one of them could make an impact.

It's all about luck. Having a bunch of picks means nothing if those picks don't produce.
But but but you wanted to draft a QB lol. Doesnt that knife cut both ways? Or do you only use arguments that support your agenda?

Winonesoon

Reaction score
giphy.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You trading up on those picks or you standing pat?

I'm on Team Trade Back for 10. Seems like a good year for it, with more uncertainty over player talent than usual. I'd rather fill up on rounds 2-4 and take what comes to us.

We have so many needs on defense, and at the non-premier positions, that 2-4 is just where we need to be. We've got our DEs, and I don't want to spend a 10 on a "good" DB - if you ain't an athletic freak, I'm not spending a pick on a DB so high. Learn from Mo. And Diggs.

plymkr

Reaction score
Now if only we can use them right.
Exactly, if we use them right then we could see a whole different team next year. If we go straight defense and out of those 11 picks 5 of them become starters or game day contributors then that can change that defense around. 5 new players would do wonders.

To be honest, now that our QB position is settled I'd like to trade down and accumulate more picks. I'd love to have 15 draft picks instead of 11.

The more guys that contribute and on rookie contracts the merrier. JMO

DFWJC

Reaction score
11 picks ... 4 in the top 100 and people want to move down
Always depends on who is available when you pick.
If your highest-ranked players left at 10 are WRs and QBs, well, you may want to trade down--especially after signing your QB to a no-trade deal.

It may turn out instead of picks 10 and 44 you might want picks 19 , 20 and 164--which are the same value.
So a trade down to Washington, then a trade up to Chicago IF those trades are available.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hey. It gave certain people the belief that Dalton was better than Dak. lol. Until the lights came on and the pressure was on and Dalton did what Dalton does.

Dalton was pretty good for us. Got very little offseason work with the team, then was thrown in midseason. By the end of the season, had 3 very strong games, then was sacked 6 times in the season finale. Leonard Williams had 3 sacks and 5 more QB hits. (Who was he beating so badly?) Tough row to hoe for Dalton.