CFZ Comparing age and tenure of 31 NFL GMs to JJ and SJ

Chasing6

Reaction score
How many of those GM have won a SB? I count 3 or 4... just wondering.

if age is an issue with football knowledge, that explains a lot of the posts around here...LOL
Does 3 decades ago really count?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was asking about Jerry, bit since you mentioned it...yeah, they do count. No amount of whining will ever take them away...I loved Coach Landry, but would he and Tez have won those 3....

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was asking about Jerry, bit since you mentioned it...yeah, they do count. No amount of whining will ever take them away...I loved Coach Landry, but would he and Tez have won those 3....
It’s all opinion of course, but no I don’t think Tom and Tex win three more SBs. Their time was up. That regime had 29 years. But their time was up. Just like JJ and SJ. They’ve had 35 years to lead this front office but their time is clearly up. But unlike Landry and Schramm, there is no one to step in and start a new regime.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s all opinion of course, but no I don’t think Tom and Tex win three more SBs. Their time was up. That regime had 29 years. But their time was up. Just like JJ and SJ. They’ve had 35 years to lead this front office but their time is clearly up. But unlike Landry and Schramm, there is no one to step in and start a new regime.
Yup, that's probably what it will take....someone to buy the team. They have kept us close and that makes it hard for them to want to take a step back, especially at Jerry's age.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
What other team would hire Jerry as their GM?
What other team would hire Spawn in any football related capacity?
What owner would keep a GM after 28 years of futility?
What GM has the most losses in NFL history?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes way too old. Really not about the age but their operating philosophy is terrible.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does not give them a pass for the last 3 decades, nor does it increase my confidence of them getting back.

Jimmy Johnson and the Herschel Walker trade were the keys to our success in the 90's.

Comp picks are not going to us to a SB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does not give them a pass for the last 3 decades, nor does it increase my confidence of them getting back.

Jimmy Johnson and the Herschel Walker trade were the keys to our success in the 90's.

Comp picks are not going to us to a SB.
I didn't say anything about a pass, but they count...Jerry brought in Jimmy, and he signed off on the trade. Hate him all you want, but facts are facts.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It counts only if you're a Cowboy fan since that's only 24 months short of our draught in winning a measly divisional round playoff game. Now it's just between us and Washington and my money is on Washington since they can fire their gm.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen in the owners box:

giphy.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about a pass, but they count...Jerry brought in Jimmy, and he signed off on the trade. Hate him all you want, but facts are facts.
I don't hate him. He is just to smart and arrogant to hire a GM.