Comparing Anthony Brown and Jalen Ramsey

waldoputty

Reaction score
lets have some fun with this Brown vs. Ramsey comparison...

Ramsey is bigger taller, but Brown is stronger
Ramsey is more explosive, but Brown is faster.
Agility is split, with Ramsey winning cone while Brown winning shuttle

Ramsey is rated as top 5 pick.
Great size, movement skills and change of direction.
Physical but could need more strength
Needs some work sticking with receivers
Could be hybrid LB and perhaps better as S than CB

Brown is rated as having physical talent but needs to work on technique
Pros include quick feet, strong, looks over shoulder comfortably, recovery ability and sticky coverage
Brown gave up 17 TDs at Purdue, so results did not match talent
Seen as potential starter in the late 3rd/4th round.
Definite CB but may be better in zone.

---------------Ramsey----------------Brown
Height-------6-1------------------------5-11
Weight------209-----------------------192
Arm----------33.38--------------------31.75
40 Time----4.41----------------------4.35
3 cone-------6.94---------------------7.03
20 yd sh----4.18----------------------4.09
broad jmp--135-----------------------115
vert jmp-----41.5-----------------------35
Reps---------14 ------------------------19
School------Fla St--------------------Purdue

gmoney112

Reaction score
Appreciate the effort, but there is no comparison. Ramsey was, and is, the much better prospect. And I'm not sure what you mean by "stronger", more bench reps? I bet Ramsey is actually functionally stronger, he had almost 20 pounds on him, a 20 inch better broad, and an almost 7 inch better vert.

Travis Frederick "only" had 21 bench reps, and that dude was strong as hell.

Regardless, Brown is a fine prospect and is developing nicely. I think he'll be a future starter, if he continues on this trend at least.

waving monkey

Reaction score
as Op said just for grins, I think their in different levels of talent but to extrapolate
We got a very serviceable CB and didn't have to lose out on arguably the OROY.
at the cost of a sixth round pick now I make that deal. without knowing what we know today
I make that deal.

spook930

Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't take Ramsey, last I checked he wasn't playing that well. Earlier this year he was giving up a passer rating of 109 and completion percentage of 60 something. Hopefully he can turn it around but I just wasn't big on him being our 4th pick.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't take Ramsey, last I checked he wasn't playing that well. Earlier this year he was giving up a passer rating of 109 and completion percentage of 60 something. Hopefully he can turn it around but I just wasn't big on him being our 4th pick.
You have the stats for Brown? You could really tell Brown will be a player when comparing him to McFadden . . I am wondering if my eyes are matching the stats on AB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am extremely happy the draft turned out the way it did. With the exception of Jaylon Smith. That is still to be determined.

Ramsey could very well turn out to be a good CB. I will give that 3 year rule but he is on a bad team. Get some more talent around him and see how he develops.
Myles Jack vs. Jaylon Smith, I think we could have got a defensive player there, even if a bit of a reach, that would be contributing to our D right now.

Anyway, when drafted I figured Brown at best a PS player. But he is playing this well, he has surprised many people. I do remember some people posting they liked him in TC and should be decent. Props to those that did.

lukin2006

Reaction score
After wasting a high pick on Claiborne I'm glad we bypassed on Ramsey and took the best player in the draft ... Elliot. If Brown becomes a starter then that makes this draft all the better...starting QB, RB, CB in this draft...and potentially more, this is the type of draft that sets us up for a decade, hopefully.

spook930

Reaction score
You have the stats for Brown? You could really tell Brown will be a player when comparing him to McFadden . . I am wondering if my eyes are matching the stats on AB.
No they don't have anything on him yet on PFF. Sidebar they have Mo ranked 9th best corner and .:Everyone hold on to your seats:. Carr ranked 18th. While only take that stuff with a grain of salt it's kinda impressive. My guess is the more Brown plays and plays well they will start to cover him.

Eddie

Reaction score
I won't lie. I wanted Ramsey ... mainly because I brought into the myth that CB was more of a premium position than RB.

But for now, it's no contest ... but Ramsey can still turn out to be a very good player in this league. It's too early to tell. But man, the returns on Zeke have been enormous.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This was posted on another thread:

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif