Comparing Anthony Brown and Jalen Ramsey

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%.

With that said,

He hasn't made many plays on defense. But he has respectively shut down some of the teams top receivers.

Hopkins, Cooper, Nelson, Smith.

It's like when Terence Newman went almost two seasons without allowing a touchdown. People just look at box score.
I look at wins. The point of drafting a player that high is to make plays that help the team win, not "shut down" a WR1.

Elliott 9
Ramsey Like 2

Carson

Reaction score
I look at wins. The point of drafting a player that high is to make plays that help the team win, not "shut down" a WR1.

Elliott 9
Ramsey Like 2

Didn't disagree that. I said I would 100% agree with Zeke over Ramsey.

Just people are saying Ramsey is terrible etc. when he is not.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
His knock was man coverage in college. Allowed 17 touchdowns on 162 attempts. Was very handsy on the top of routes which he had about 6-7 pass interferences.

Dude is a straight baller though.

1 reason for that that might be overlooked: it may have been coaching and the scheme Purdue was running. He's only been flagged like 3 times this year that I recall. The Dallas coaches have done a good job coaching him up in a limited role. He's not being asked to do too much and is only seeing more playing time right now due to MoC being hurt. He appears to excel as the 3rd corner in nickel schemes rather than as a main CB out there on every snap.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Lol, he isn't a physical corner?

My gosh, I've heard it all now.
He just seems sloppy to me. Just because he's aggressive doesn't make him physical. Claiborne has played a physical brand of footbal. I don't see that with Jalen Ramsey. His hips are not as quick either.

I'm not sold on him at all..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He just seems sloppy to me. Just because he's aggressive doesn't make him physical. Claiborne has played a physical brand of footbal. I don't see that with Jalen Ramsey. His hips are not as quick either.

I'm not sold on him at all..

Claiborne is now playing a "physical brand" of football that Ramsey doesn't now. The sheer irony in this claim is hurting my brain.

The players you're comparing and things you're saying is like claiming Zeke Elliott doesn't run with the power or physicality of Lance Dunbar.

Agree to disagree because I just can't....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Obviously the system is mostly setup and good at picking and choosing between good and bad talents, but let's be honest here, the draft is a lottery. You pick and hope it turns out in your favor. That can happen all over the draft rounds. We've seen it time and time again and big time this year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rookie or not, you don't allow Jackson to get behind you when you know there is no safety help.

Brown is a journeyman, like Hitchens was in 2014.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I'm sad you can't see the forest for the trees.

I most certainly can. There are maybe one or two trancendent talents in every draft, and we got one, who in turn has had a huge impact on us going 10-1. But hey, keep focusing on "trees" like your assumption that Jalen will play a little longer.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yes, a rookie is a "journeyman" because he made a mistake. Get a clue

Not an argument. Put your emotion away for once and think objectively.

I will repeat again, because I know you're seeing red and just ready to pounce on anything you deem too negative: You don't need to be a veteran to know you can't allow a player with Jackson's speed to get behind you with 0 safety help. If you have to, you give up a shorter pass and not a deep pass, you ALWAYS defend the top.

That was not a "rookie" mistake, that was a low IQ player at a position where you need to have some intelligence. Also, this isn't the first time he's given up big plays. It would be different if he was forcing turnovers, but he's not.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I most certainly can. There are maybe one or two trancendent talents in every draft, and we got one, who in turn has had a huge impact on us going 10-1. But hey, keep focusing on "trees" like your assumption that Jalen will play a little longer.
You realize the Dallas Cowboys themselves have said they saw virtually no difference in the talent as prospects of Zeke and Ramsey...right?

At that point...when you hold that view...it comes down to philosophy. I've had this converation too many times.

If you're so far behind on the basic details no use discussing this. Here's to hoping Zeke is healthy and productive a decade from now.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
You realize the Dallas Cowboys themselves have said they saw virtually no difference in the talent as prospects of Zeke and Ramsey...right?

At that point...when you hold that view...it comes down to philosophy. I've had this converation too many times.

If you're so far behind on the basic details no use discussing this. Here's to hoping Zeke is healthy and productive a decade from now.

No, they said they were conflicted on who to draft. They almost adopted your ridiculous "don't draft RBs in the first" philosophy. Thank god they didn't, because we wouldn't be 10-1 if they had been so short-sighted.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No, they said they were conflicted on who to draft. They almost adopted your ridiculous "don't draft RBs in the first" philosophy. Thank god they didn't, because we wouldn't be 10-1 if they had been so short-sighted.
Believe what you'd like. I've given you the facts.

Carson

Reaction score
Brown is still a damn good CB. How many corners has Jackson beat?

He got caught looking with no safety help.

Plankton

Reaction score
Feel free to forward any bit of legitimate evidence.

Three of the five corners named to the All-Pro team in 2015 were drafted in the fifth round or later (Josh Norman, Richard Sherman, Chris Harris).

Three of the four on the 2014 All-Pro team were drafted in the fifth round or later (Sherman, Harris and Brent Grimes).

In 2013, two out of the five on the All-Pro team were not first rounders (Sherman and Alterraun Verner).

In 2012, three of the four were not first rounders (Sherman, Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings).

Look at the lists for the all time single season leaders in interceptions. There are two first round corners in the top 28 on the list - Spec Sanders and Ty Law. The Cowboys most productive secondary ever? Thurman's Thieves? Out of the corners that played in that group, only Ron Fellows was drafted in the 6th round, and Dennis Thurman was drafted in the 10th round. The best corner of that group, Everson Walls? Undrafted.

As far as the Hall of Fame is concerned, a greater percentage of running backs in the Hall were drafted in the first round than first round cornerbacks.

Cornerbacks can be found throughout the draft. As can any position in the NFL. As there are minimum of two, and often three corners on the field at a time, chances are that you are finding your producers outside of the first round. It's pretty self-evident.