Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am amazed at the people here that read Mara's comment and not get that he was talking about what this SHOULD BE in the future.

The tell tale portion of his comment is this: So let’s write the language to make them completions.

This is basic English and for most of you people English is your first language. To write the language TO MAKE THEM completions, means the language today does not agree they are completions.

Now I might understand you guys look at the video, and even with slowing it down to 50% speed you miss the significant aspects to this one play and think it is a catch. But to read a language you grew up with and ignore the tenses in the sentence to fit your agenda is hilarious.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This comes across more as the rule was applied reasonably with Dez based on the existing rules at that time, and they want to change the rules so that the same kind of play will be ruled differently going forward. I have no problem with that, but I still don't think it will solve everything. People that get hit and lose the ball immediately after hitting the ground, for example, will draw complaints from the receiving team if they lose the ball because the ruling is a fumble. And what if a player leaps, catches the ball, then the receiver immediately loses the ball when his feet hit the ground? That begs the question of whether 2 feet touching completes the catch and then there is a fumble, or if there is some standard of time, or a football move (which can be vague) or a combination of things that has to occur. Does the 3 step process still apply, and if so, is there an opportunity for a player diving for a ball to complete a reception even though he doesn't have the chance to complete the 3 step process? It's not as easy to make the rule complaint proof as some want to believe.

Although I don't agree with you that the rule was applied "reasonably" with Dez, because I don't think they would be thinking about changing it if they considered it or the Johnson non-catches reasonable interpretations of the rule, I do agree that there will be issues with whatever they decide.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
it’s due to that disgusting excuse for an owner

I agree

All the other crap you said is just that ........... Jerry is the problem ........ not Romo ...... not Dez ........ not Zeke ........ not Dak.

Jerry and his cronies (which include his kids and Garrett)

aria

Reaction score
You're the freaking crybaby crying because the league came clean on the catch, and you don't know what that catch would've meant to the Cowboys chances at a Super Bowl. Mr. pot calling the kettle black.
To quote one of my favorite movies “What in God’s holy name are you blathering about”? I’ve never once complained about the league coming clean about it and I like the fact they did. This is now the second time you’ve accused me of that and the second time I’ve corrected you. Go take a reading comprehension class and get back to me in a few months when you have a better understanding.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What's amazing is that, after this play in which every Cowboys fan still screams "Dez caught it", Dez hasn't caught (or held onto) much of anything in the three seasons since.....

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's actually not. What Mara and the committee has said is that that kind of play should be a catch, not that it should have been ruled a catch at the time. They are seeking a change in the rule so that it will be a catch going forward.
Right it's confirmed that it should be a catch. That's what I meant. I suppose I should have worded it better.

aria

Reaction score
I agree

All the other crap you said is just that ........... Jerry is the problem ........ not Romo ...... not Dez ........ not Zeke ........ not Dak.

Jerry and his cronies (which include his kids and Garrett)
The only reason I mentioned the others is because there is some blame to go around to everyone, no one is perfect, but Jerry is the one constant hinderance. I’m not thrilled with Stephen but I have more hope for him than I do Jerry once he’s running the show. I would love and hope to see a “different” Stephen once Jerry is no longer in the picture.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I am amazed at the people here that read Mara's comment and not get that he was talking about what this SHOULD BE in the future.

The tell tale portion of his comment is this: So let’s write the language to make them completions.

This is basic English and for most of you people English is your first language. To write the language TO MAKE THEM completions, means the language today does not agree they are completions.

Now I might understand you guys look at the video, and even with slowing it down to 50% speed you miss the significant aspects to this one play and think it is a catch. But to read a language you grew up with and ignore the tenses in the sentence to fit your agenda is hilarious.
Christ dude, it's not that big of a deal. lol

Gator88

Reaction score
Well duh, they aren't going to admit they called it wrong. That would be bad PR and wouldn't benefit them at all. This is as close as they will possible get to admitting that a call that big was wrong.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Christ dude, it's not that big of a deal. lol

When the hue and cry here at football central degenerate posters and make fun of them because they see this in an opposite way from the great unwashed, yeah, it is that big a deal.

Dre11

Reaction score
To quote one of my favorite movies “What in God’s holy name are you blathering about”? I’ve never once complained about the league coming clean about it and I like the fact they did. This is now the second time you’ve accused me of that and the second time I’ve corrected you. Go take a reading comprehension class and get back to me in a few months when you have a better understanding.

"3+ years after the fact we still have page after page of cry babies whining and moaning about a catch vs non catch"

You said there are fans still crying after 3+ years, i pointed out that it's the league who put this statement out not the fans.
It is relevant because the league made it revelant today. Do you comprehend?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although I don't agree with you that the rule was applied "reasonably" with Dez, because I don't think they would be thinking about changing it if they considered it or the Johnson non-catches reasonable interpretations of the rule, I do agree that there will be issues with whatever they decide.

I don't think they are saying the refs interpretation of the rule unreasonable, I think they are saying the way the rule was written was unreasonable.

Right it's confirmed that it should be a catch. That's what I meant.

Fair enough.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What's amazing is that, after this play in which every Cowboys fan still screams "Dez caught it", Dez hasn't caught (or held onto) much of anything in the three seasons since.....
I didn't think it was a completion. I had a feeling it would be overturned.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here we go let’s see how long this thread lasts. :popcorn:

aria

Reaction score
"3+ years after the fact we still have page after page of cry babies whining and moaning about a catch vs non catch"

You said there are fans still crying after 3+ years, i pointed out that it's the league who put this statement out not the fans.
It is relevant because the league made it revelant today. Do you comprehend?
Comprende. I still never complained about the league addressing it. I’m glad they did and hope it provides clarity for what is and isn’t a catch this season.

What I was specifically complaining about is the same comments, made by many of the same people, how this is all a conspiracy, we’re the only team that gets screwed, the officials hate us, etc. The league made the definition of a catch relevant today, not how everyone and their mom hates the Cowboys. This is a step in the right direction, it’s time to move on.