Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well duh, they aren't going to admit they called it wrong. That would be bad PR and wouldn't benefit them at all. This is as close as they will possible get to admitting that a call that big was wrong.

I don't think they did call it wrong based on the language in the rulebook at the time. I think they are saying now they don't like the language in the rule book.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Can we all just agree the Cowboys should be Super Bowl Champions because of a bad call, agree to identify ourselves as 6 time World Champs, praise Romo and Dez, let Jerry off the hook for 20 years of frustration and move the hell on?

Cowboys 6 Time World Champs! I like the sound of that!

Oh and Garrett no longer sucks either.

Reactions: G2

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I am amazed at the people here that read Mara's comment and not get that he was talking about what this SHOULD BE in the future.

The tell tale portion of his comment is this: So let’s write the language to make them completions.

This is basic English and for most of you people English is your first language. To write the language TO MAKE THEM completions, means the language today does not agree they are completions.

Now I might understand you guys look at the video, and even with slowing it down to 50% speed you miss the significant aspects to this one play and think it is a catch. But to read a language you grew up with and ignore the tenses in the sentence to fit your agenda is hilarious.
I like the large font. It makes the words seem more important.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Can we all just agree the Cowboys should be Super Bowl Champions because of a bad call, agree to identify ourselves as 6 time World Champs, praise Romo and Dez, let Jerry off the hook for 20 years of frustration and move the hell on?

We got what we deserved running that play on 4th and 2.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

I'm personally just hoping they get the stupid catch rule fixed going forward, so we as fans can enjoy a less contraversial game, which slims down the chances of the zebras being the star of the game. What's already happened, can't be changed.

Gator88

Reaction score
I don't think they did call it wrong based on the language in the rulebook at the time. I think they are saying now they don't like the language in the rule book.
And I think they did. This is as close as they will go to supporting that people that agree with me were right.

Carson

Reaction score
Typical Mara. I’m sure it’ll benefit the Giants this year in a win

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those of us not in the weeds about the interpretation of what's clearly an obvious explanation of the catch rules, have they gotten around to redefining what 'indisputable evidence' is yet?

Or are we just pretending still this fiasco was actually indisputable?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm personally just hoping they get the stupid catch rule fixed going forward, so we as fans can enjoy a less contraversial game, which slims down the chances of the zebras being the star of the game. What's already happened, can't be changed.
Whatever the rule changes to, there will be controversy. It will just change. There will always be some subjectivity to it and there will always be a fanbase that feels they got screwed and argue the letter of the rule like lawyers trying to make an argument. You can take that to the bank.

It was just like college football. People wanted a championship game and all it was going to do is change controversy from who is number 1 to who should be playing #1. Then they changed to 4 teams and the argument is still going on. They will eveually change to 6 or 8 teams and the argument extend out to the teams who didn’t get selected. No matter how many teams it goes up to there will still be complaining like they do in college basketball.

GenoT

Reaction score
Rest assured, fellow Cowboys fans...

...that whatever new regulations regarding catch/no-catch end up in the rule book, the next time an interpretation thereof impacts a Cowboys game, we’ll already KNOW who’s gonna be on the short end of the call.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Freezing cold, on the road at Lambeau....in a real down to the wire playoff battle.

As gut-wrenching of a play (and turn of events) as I've ever been associated with as a fan.
Mainly because the context and how they were finally starting to to turn the corner.

I remember after the teams left the locker room, and Romo saw his family waiting for him and were hugging on him, he finally actually broke down and cried.
Just devastating stuff

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Whatever the rule changes to, there will be controversy. It will just change. There will always be some subjectivity to it and there will always be a fanbase that feels they got screwed and argue the letter of the rule like lawyers trying to make an argument. You can take that to the bank.

It was just like college football. People wanted a championship game and all it was going to do is change controversy from who is number 1 to who should be playing #1. Then they changed to 4 teams and the argument is still going on. They will eveually change to 6 or 8 teams and the argument extend out to the teams who didn’t get selected. No matter how many teams it goes up to there will still be complaining like they do in college basketball.
True. But, prior to the Calvin Johnson controversy, I don't recall catches being so debatable.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
True. But, prior to the Calvin Johnson controversy, I don't recall catches being so debatable.
They do. It's just the timing of the catch and the perceived impact. Oakland is still upset about the immaculate reception. Also about the tuck rule lol. Those controversial plays cause the league to go back and rewrite the rule and it gets muddier and muddier the clearer they try to make it.

Everson24

Reaction score
No, he was wrong for several reasons, including that the initial ruling on the field was that it was a catch.
And Blandino did not follow the rule at the time, he made his own rule and then attempted to justify his error by taking away good catches from other players the next three years. All it took was the Steelers to get hurt by the "rule" against the hated Patriots to get it changed. This league is so corrupt.