Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

blindzebra

Reaction score
Again, that is not what Blandino said. So you’re saying he was wrong?

He very specifically says if he would have gotten two feet down prior to the reach it would have been a td.
That isn’t debatable.

And in Thomas play he never says anything about balance, at all, the difference, he says, is that Thomas got two feet down. Nothing at all about gathering himself.
Control, 2 feet, and an act common to the game while going to the ground was a catch. No gather, no regaining balance, and no lunge...it was 2 feet and a reach.

There is a reason they are running from this so fast. It proves we are correct about the case plays and Thomas did less to become a runner than Dez did. It is coming from their boy Blandino and it destroys their entire argument.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Ask Blandino. Did he say two feet down while falling? Did he mean two feet down before falling? Did he mean regain balance with two feet down? I have no idea what he means.

But I guarantee you that IF he had gotten the second foot down a fraction of a second earlier, he still would have been falling and it would have still been incomplete. If he had gotten a second foot down at any point while falling it would have been incomplete.

I've disagreed with how Blandino has tried to explain this rule from the start. That catch was from 2013. I have no idea what he was thinking or why.
Translation...this video is absolute proof I have no idea what I am talking about and completely destroys my case play theory, so my only out is Blandino explained it wrong.:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Then why'd you say this?
Wow, okay I will make this really easy for you Mr. Taking Everything Out of Context to Give the Illusion you Have a Point.

Thomas was going to the ground as a RECEIVER and when he completed 8.1.3.a,b and c he became a RUNNER.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wow, okay I will make this really easy for you Mr. Taking Everything Out of Context to Give the Illusion you Have a Point.

Thomas was going to the ground as a RECEIVER and when he completed 8.1.3.a,b and c he became a RUNNER.

If he became a receiver then he was not going to the ground per the rule. You are either considered going to the ground or you aren't.

So then you agree with Blandino's sentence that Thomas was not going to the ground in the act of completing the catch process, right? I mean if he was a runner and all. Right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The really funny thing is when they try to post still pictures to prove what future motion would have been, lol. You know if you have a camera with a really fast shutter speed you can claim a car is standing still even though it's really going 60mph. LOL.

You may have already seen it but this is the video Percy posted trying to compare with the one in Green Bay. Just what I thought Dez never left the ground to make the catch and in a real speed you hardly see any body lean. There’s not even one similarity between this catch and the one in Green Bay.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2013/12/23/dez-bryant-td-vs-eagles-122313

blindzebra

Reaction score
If he became a receiver then he was not going to the ground per the rule. You are either considered going to the ground or you aren't.

So then you agree with Blandino's sentence that Thomas was not going to the ground in the act of completing the catch process, right? I mean if he was a runner and all. Right?
Attention, this is a prime example of twisting and avoidance.
We are discussing a video Blandino did on going to the ground. One where he showed two plays where RECEIVERS went to the ground and one did not complete 8.1.3 a,b, and c before he landed, thus he was still a RECEIVER and one who did complete the process, while going to the ground, and landed as a RUNNER.
This avoidance is happening because by saying this Blandino is proving that he is wrong in his interpretation of the case plays and that by showing the Thomas play as a catch...one with control, two steps, and a reach...it is odd that when Dez had control, three steps, and a REACH it was ruled incomplete.

In other words this is thread over.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You may have already seen it but this is the video Percy posted trying to compare with the one in Green Bay. Just what I thought Dez never left the ground to make the catch and in a real speed you hardly see any body lean. There’s not even one similarity between this catch and the one in Green Bay.

I know. I commented on it at the top of this page. Hilarious. We have reached the silly season point in this thread now. Quick, here's a version of Dez also almost going to the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know. I commented on it at the top of this page. Hilarious. We have reached the silly season point in this thread now. Quick, here's a version of Dez also almost going to the ground.

We’ve reached the point where they’re claiming Sheilds tripped Dez and it should have been a penalty. One is trying to spin it’s like the Benny Barnes/Lynn Swann play in the SB. That’s the first time I’ve heard that one. That shows just how silly this has gotten.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Attention, this is a prime example of twisting and avoidance.
We are discussing a video Blandino did on going to the ground. One where he showed two plays where RECEIVERS went to the ground and one did not complete 8.1.3 a,b, and c before he landed, thus he was still a RECEIVER and one who did complete the process, while going to the ground, and landed as a RUNNER.
This avoidance is happening because by saying this Blandino is proving that he is wrong in his interpretation of the case plays and that by showing the Thomas play as a catch...one with control, two steps, and a reach...it is odd that when Dez had control, three steps, and a REACH it was ruled incomplete.

In other words this is thread over.

Twisting you say? The Blandino video is a video on "the catch process," not solely a going to the ground video or how to get out of going to the ground. He says so at the top of his intro. Go back and watch. He explains the 3-part process and then explains the going to the ground rule. The 3-part rule is for a receiver who catches a ball while on his feet, like Thomas did. The going to the ground rule is a different rule with a different set of requirements if you get that tag slapped on you. Blandino clearly stated that tag was slapped on Johnson and described why Johnson's play was considered incomplete. Nothing more. All these other conclusions or "it must mean that ..." nonsense is an attempt to fill in details that weren't there. Yeah, twisting is what you said right?

You also mentioned avoidance but didn't answer my question. You agree with Blandino when he says that Thomas wasn't going to the ground in completing the catch process, right?

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We’ve reached the point where they’re claiming Sheilds tripped Dez and it should have been a penalty. One is trying to spin it’s like the Benny Barnes/Lynn Swann play in the SB. That’s the first time I’ve heard that one. That shows just how silly this has gotten.

The "tripped" story is what they used 3 years ago after they were shown that the ball DID hit the ground. Then they had to change their story and settled on that, which is of course negated by the rule that says "with or without contact by an opponent." That's when they changed their story to the bajillion football moves Dez made on the way to the ground. And on and on, lol. Now they're just cycling back through.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Translation...this video is absolute proof I have no idea what I am talking about and completely destroys my case play theory, so my only out is Blandino explained it wrong.:laugh::lmao::lmao2:
So much I'd like to say, but it would just get deleted. Not sure why you haven't been kicked out of this thread yet as you were the other one.

You're simply not rational. No one is running from anything. This has already been settled. No catch. I'm just done trying to have an adult conversion with people who only see what they want to see.

I guarantee if this wasn't on a cowboys board you would be eviscerated. No one would even be listening to you let alone buying into anything you have to say.

You clearly don't know what going to the ground is. Don't understand the concept of falling. You think any act can be performed while falling. Even though the only acts called out in the rules are time, brace and regain balance + lunge. You never address 8.12 or 8.13 with 8.12 almost identical to the Dez play, yet switching the ball does not complete the act, it's bracing.

You lie about Pereira saying he thought Dez actually should have been ruled a catch per the rule, yet call me a liar.

You think somehow You've won something when even Stephen Jones says it wasn't a catch.

You just come in here and chest thump when the rational people leave the room and proclaim victory. How bout sending your take to the rules committee. See what they say. I'm sure you would blow them off as well. Because it's a conspiracy.

blindzebra

Reaction score
So much I'd like to say, but it would just get deleted. Not sure why you haven't been kicked out of this thread yet as you were the other one.

You're simply not rational. No one is running from anything. This has already been settled. No catch. I'm just done trying to have an adult conversion with people who only see what they want to see.

I guarantee if this wasn't on a cowboys board you would be eviscerated. No one would even be listening to you let alone buying into anything you have to say.

You clearly don't know what going to the ground is. Don't understand the concept of falling. You think any act can be performed while falling. Even though the only acts called out in the rules are time, brace and regain balance + lunge. You never address 8.12 or 8.13 with 8.12 almost identical to the Dez play, yet switching the ball does not complete the act, it's bracing.

You lie about Pereira saying he thought Dez actually should have been ruled a catch per the rule, yet call me a liar.

You think somehow You've won something when even Stephen Jones says it wasn't a catch.

You just come in here and chest thump when the rational people leave the room and proclaim victory. How bout sending your take to the rules committee. See what they say. I'm sure you would blow them off as well. Because it's a conspiracy.
The get kicked out of this thread is very telling. You'd like that because it makes spreading your BS easier.
Ah, yes the fan card too.
You forgot to include conspiracy, cherry pick, cut and paste and all the other catch phrases used to keep from actually having to deal with facts.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

It's stuff like this that has me firmly believing that they have no idea what they are talking about or what they are even looking for.

And I don't even know what point they are trying to make. Did he make a football move while falling? Was he not falling? Do they think time + lunge really means any act + any act? They spin and twist and divert all these random points and put them together in a non contextual way to drive home various points.

It really is like talking to a flat earther. When you provide facts, they make up something to counter it and then shift to another ludicrous point.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The get kicked out of this thread is very telling. You'd like that because it makes spreading your BS easier.

Kinda like you pulling on the pant leg of the mods to create a slanted poll to bet me on so that the loser can't post for 6 months, huh? I wouldn't want me around either if I were you.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's stuff like this that has me firmly believing that they have no idea what they are talking about or what they are even looking for.

And I don't even know what point they are trying to make. Did he make a football move while falling? Was he not falling? Do they think time + lunge really means any act + any act? They spin and twist and divert all these random points and put them together in a non contextual way to drive home various points.

It really is like talking to a flat earther. When you provide facts, they make up something to counter it and then shift to another ludicrous point.

That's the game. Overwhelm with information and attempt to divert the discussion to something neither of you were talking about to begin with. They are also speaking to an audience that doesn't even understand the rule so they twist it, say "we wuz robbed" and the wide-eyed, emotional ones eat it up and go, "Yeah, that's right. Injustice!" My favorites are those sideline cheerleaders who don't dare to step into the ring themselves or the parrots who don't even know what they're co-signing on to, lol.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Ah, yes the fan card too.
You forgot to include conspiracy, cherry pick, cut and paste and all the other catch phrases used to keep from actually having to deal with facts.
No, conspiracy was in there. Guess you didn't read that either. Just like I'm sure you haven't even read most of what we post, because it starts to make sense and you just can't have that.

I don't care if you're here or not. It doesn't take much effort to disprove your points. And what are they exactly Now?

Can you just simply tell us at what point do you think he caught it? The exact moment during the play. And please just make it brief.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
That's the game. Overwhelm with information and attempt to divert the discussion to something neither of you were talking about to begin with. They are also speaking to an audience that doesn't even understand the rule so they twist it, say "we wuz robbed" and the wide-eyed, emotional ones eat it up and go, "Yeah, that's right. Injustice!" My favorites are those sideline cheerleaders who don't dare to step into the ring themselves or the parrots who don't even know what they're co-signing on to, lol.
Is it really that hard to make sense of the rule? If you use common sense? I'm a cowboys fan. But I'm also rational. I honestly don't see or understand some of these points they are trying to make.