Competition Surfaces for Donald...

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9424

Looks like early word around the Combine is that the Bears are hot for him. They just discussed today that they'll be keeping the "1-gap" scheme for their D. This puts a premium on gap shooters v. guys that hold up blockers to play 2 gaps. Crap.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Looks like early word around the Combine is that the Bears are hot for him. They just discussed today that they'll be keeping the "1-gap" scheme for their D. This puts a premium on gap shooters v. guys that hold up blockers to play 2 gaps. Crap.

Yeah, they seemed like logical competiton for him.
I think the question will be whether or not they (or Dallas) think he is great value that high in the draft. Guess we'll find out.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bears move Shea Mcclellin to Lb,they might be looking at Kony Ealy too.

RS12

Reaction score
Lol at people living and dying with the Aaaron Donald pick. I would not be a buyer ar 16.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
16 seems high for him but he looks like a plug-and-play guy for this defense.

90+ underclassmen declaring for the draft really spreads out the value. We should be able to get a minimum of 3 starters out of this draft unless Jerry errrr Will McClay errrrr Jason goes all Escobar on us.

tm1119

Reaction score
Yeah the amount of slobbering over Donald is getting a little ridiculous at this point. I would really like him if we could trade back into the early 20's and get an extra 3rd, but a top 16 prospect is a little hard for me to buy into. What if our next head coach doesn't run the Tampa 2? Donald is a bit of a 1 trick pony, even if he is really good at that 1 trick

Fredd

Reaction score
I never had Donald as a top 16 pick...technically, I could see him going in the 2nd round to someone...now, if he EVER lasted until our pick in the 2nd round, then sign me up

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I saw tressmans interview and he said they were def going twards a 3-4 defense thats why they brought in coaches who have the exp in that scheme. While he did say he didnt know how long it would take to convert, it wouldnt be smart to draft donald if theyre going a different direction

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Lol at people living and dying with the Aaaron Donald pick. I would not be a buyer ar 16.

Reminds me of the last few years. Last year was Warmack and the other OG (forget his name), and the year before was DeCastro. It seems to not be a bad thing that we missed out on those guys.

Gaede

Reaction score
I would be content with another tradedown this year quite frankly..

I'm not sure. If the players available don't match up with what we need (for example, WR Evans and TE Ebron) and a good offer comes along, then that's cool with me. But there should be some really good players available at 16, whereas in a normal year, they would probably go top 12.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Never under stand how anyone e can say Donald is over rated as a 3 tech DT in this scheme. Looks at his stats. His videos. His dominated the NCAA. I don't get you people.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I saw tressmans interview and he said they were def going twards a 3-4 defense thats why they brought in coaches who have the exp in that scheme. While he did say he didnt know how long it would take to convert, it wouldnt be smart to draft donald if theyre going a different direction

Yeah that's what I have been hearing also. Bears want to go to a 3-4 I doubt they draft Donald if they are going 34

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

That's what I heard too. Their GM said it.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Yeah the amount of slobbering over Donald is getting a little ridiculous at this point. I would really like him if we could trade back into the early 20's and get an extra 3rd, but a top 16 prospect is a little hard for me to buy into. What if our next head coach doesn't run the Tampa 2? Donald is a bit of a 1 trick pony, even if he is really good at that 1 trick

Doesn't have to be tampa 2. Look at Cincy and Titans. Both use a 3 tech under tackle. Donald is that type of player.

Nirvana

Reaction score
High on priorities is finding a replacement for Hatcher. Donald would be a great fit. If the Bears want to switch to a 3-4 I don't see how Donald fits their needs. As much as I like Donald I am not in favor of trading up. You'd have to give up at least a 4th and 7th in addition to the 16th pick to move up ahead of the Bears. That's not smart.

Who are the best 3 tech DT options in the draft?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
16 seems high for him but he looks like a plug-and-play guy for this defense.

90+ underclassmen declaring for the draft really spreads out the value. We should be able to get a minimum of 3 starters out of this draft unless Jerry errrr Will McClay errrrr Jason goes all Escobar on us.

I think it's ambitious to think we should get a minimum of three starters out of any draft.