Competition Surfaces for Donald...

tm1119

Reaction score
Sell me on clowney ? I think he is the most overrated player I've ever seen . 3 sacks ? LOL Donald fits our scheme and consistently has produced at a high level . At this point he has all the intangibles to become a john randle / la roi glover type player , I'll take that over carpenter , spencer ,Claiborne .

Now if only there was a direct correlation between college production and nfl production.....

RS12

Reaction score
- It seems Aaron Donald has carried the momentum of his Senior Bowl performance to the Combine, though he’s yet to work out. I’m told the Seattle Seahawks brass love Donald. In fact source mentioned the Seahawks made Donald a lot of money based on the way they played their defensive tackles in 2013. Yesterday I mentioned Donald is expected to run in the low 4.7’s during his workout on Monday. Today I was told he’s been running in the high 4.5’s/low 4.6’s in training recently.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9434

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
- It seems Aaron Donald has carried the momentum of his Senior Bowl performance to the Combine, though he’s yet to work out. I’m told the Seattle Seahawks brass love Donald. In fact source mentioned the Seahawks made Donald a lot of money based on the way they played their defensive tackles in 2013. Yesterday I mentioned Donald is expected to run in the low 4.7’s during his workout on Monday. Today I was told he’s been running in the high 4.5’s/low 4.6’s in training recently.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9434

Holy Moly!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not true. Tyron Smith was not a well kept secret, granted I had unique insight into that situation. Still several mocks had us taking Tyron the last month going into the draft. One reporter, I forget who, came out a few days before the draft and said we were definitely not taking Smith. He either got played or was part of an attempt to misinform.

As far as Claiborne, there were several posters who, at the time, said giving up two high picks there was a huge mistake.

I just don't get the overboard attempt of so many here to make excuses for the Front Office. There is one simple fact that proves it isn't up to par. One playoff win and zero conference championship game appearances in over 17 years. Several players and coaches have come and gone in that time. The lone constant is the General Manager. There have been worse Front Offices but no one else gets the chance to be as consistently bad for as long as this one has.

When we drafted Smith, the board was all over the place. Smith wasn't anywhere near certain to be available.
Lots pushed for JJ Watt and others liked other LTs who actually played that position in college.

Again this isn't hard... the threads are still here.

Some may well have questioned giving up 2 picks for Mo, but there wasn't a single person suggesting he wasn't a good player.
He was the consensus top defensive player in that draft and CB was our top need at the time.

As to the front office they are hardly above complaint.
They've done numerous questionable to some outright stupid things.
All that said they are vastly more qualified and proven than this board which is basically useless internet wisdom.

Anyone who thinks we haven;t drafted well the past 5 years is just not qualified to judge drafts.
There are plenty of overall draft studies out there to prove that.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
16 seems high for him but he looks like a plug-and-play guy for this defense.

90+ underclassmen declaring for the draft really spreads out the value. We should be able to get a minimum of 3 starters out of this draft unless Jerry errrr Will McClay errrrr Jason goes all Escobar on us.

Ummmm, they got three starters last year with or w/o Escobar whose story hasn't been written yet.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Now if only there was a direct correlation between college production and nfl production.....

There is some correlation . If not you won't get drafted . Unless your nothing but a workout warrior on paper with all the size and speed . Doesn't mean you have the intangibles .

Donald > any DT in draft