Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Complaint: Waiting another month for the premiere of Avengers: Infinity War. The release moved to April 27th, a full week in advance of the previous May 4th date, but I wish it was a full month instead.

I can't wait to grab some popcorn and finally watch this movie. :popcorn:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You want to attract other men?
Only if they look like this
82e76a08c443597bf9de05723629f4d0.gif

Xelda

Reaction score
Poison Ivy. I've got it all over my hands and running up my arms along with some on my face. I hate that I'm not supposed to scratch it when scratching feels so good. I'll stop scratching tomorrow or maybe Friday, but definitely Saturday or Sunday of this week or next.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Poison Ivy. I've got it all over my hands and running up my arms along with some on my face. I hate that I'm not supposed to scratch it when scratching feels so good. I'll stop scratching tomorrow or maybe Friday, but definitely Saturday or Sunday of this week or next.
Oh that stinks....I’m super alergic to it. The best thing that works? Vinegar cider. It smells,but it keeps it from flaring up and gives you great relief. Just put a washcloth in it,and lay it wherever you need if it’s bad. Brilliant stupid me...I took a “warm” shower once,and wound up spreading it all over. Ended up looking like the Michelin Man later.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hear poison ivy is horrible. Fortunately, it doesn't affect me. Itching is possibly the most uncomfortable thing there is, in my opinion, so you have my utmost sympathy!

nobody

Reaction score
It hurts like hell and is dangerous, but this remedy does work and will shorten the itching and rash to a day at worst:

Prepare a solution of 1 part bleach to 1 part water, about 2 cups total per limb. (so that would be 8 oz bleach, 8 oz water). Start a warm shower (or cold). Take a plastic scouring pad that you plan to throw away immediately after the shower and scrub the ivy patch until it's nearly raw. dip the pad in the bleach water and set it aside to use on another ivy location if you have one. Take the bleach water mix and pour it slowly over the scrubbed area. It stings like you wouldn't believe, but the itching (and weeping) will be gone.

It will kill any germs on the area. It will neutralize the poison ivy oils and dry the area out really fast. It's dangerous because it's a pretty concentrated bleach solution and if you created a tear in the skin, you can get it in your blood stream and that's really really bad... Some people are also more sensitive to it than others. But sometimes the itching and spreading is so bad, you're willing to do anything to stop it and speed up getting rid of it.

This is what I do when I get poison ivy and it's worked many times without ill effect for me. I don't recommend it as it's dangerous, but it's far more effective than anything I've encountered. Ivy dry isn't a bad product either, but it's not near as effective in quick relief.

Do NOT do this around genitalia or the head if you decide to try this or are very sensitive to bleach. It's a very toxic chemical.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thank you Chris, Runny and DeathMonkey! I genuinely appreciate every thing right now. I went on line and didn't have most of the things recommended in the house, but I did have apple cider vinegar and used it full strength on my hands. It burned, but burning felt better than itching. I thought I had eradicated all poison ivy from my home, but was wrong. It was mixed in with my grapevines. If I'd only suspected, the gloves would have come out. It's still back there on the fence mocking me. I'm going to deal with it as soon as the itching subsides.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Complaint: Waiting another month for the premiere of Avengers: Infinity War. The release moved to April 27th, a full week in advance of the previous May 4th date, but I wish it was a full month instead.

I can't wait to grab some popcorn and finally watch this movie. :popcorn:

Complaint: Waiting for the next movie. It's now a week since seeing Avengers: Infinity War, but the wait for the sequel already feels like an eternity. I can't wait until they avenge their fallen against Thanos.

jimmy40

Reaction score
scalding hot water on a poison ivy rash is damn near orgasmic

Status
Not open for further replies.