Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I live right outside the city limits of San Antonio and there are no noise ordinances or restrictions on fireworks. We have a lot of fireworks stands on the roads around the neighborhood because they have to be sold outside the city limits. The people in my neighborhood put on a very impressive July 4th and NYE firework show. NYE literally looks like an hour long grand finale and the entire neighborhood is lit up.

The problem is there will be random people popping fireworks a good week before and after the actual holiday. The fireworks themselves don't bother me, but my dog is terrified of them. She hides behind the couch all night and won't go outside after hearing the first firework. I need to make sure I feed her and get her outside before it gets dark and hope someone doesn't start early. As a result, I dread those 2 holidays.
Yep, my dog was a big part of the reason I went to talk to my neighbors the first time, about 10 years ago. He hated fireworks. Thunder didn't bother him a bit, even when it shook the whole house, but fireworks are a different story, for some reason.
Nice that it took about ten years for them to get up the balls to do it again....Wonder how long it'll last this time.

Xelda

Reaction score
They're not legal here.
The miserable things are legal here. I agree with @Aviano90. I dread the 4th of July and from Christmas to New Years. Not doing anything New Year's Eve? Might as well find something because you won't get any sleep until after midnight. That's as bad as the government inflicted DST and April 15th. Dang, I'm grumpy today. My apologies to everyone…. Wait, this is the complaint box. AND ANOTHER THING!

Xelda

Reaction score
Yep, my dog was a big part of the reason I went to talk to my neighbors the first time, about 10 years ago. He hated fireworks. Thunder didn't bother him a bit, even when it shook the whole house, but fireworks are a different story, for some reason.
Nice that it took about ten years for them to get up the balls to do it again....Wonder how long it'll last this time.
Are those the balls that drop on New Years Eve?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They need a new hobby or find a way for vegetables to taste as good as steaks.

Believe me. I have enough hobbies! I certainly don't need more, but I bet at least a couple will come along before long.

That said, some veggies are good. I love steamed or baked asparagus with butter, garlic, asiago cheese, salt and pepper on it. Fresh steamed green beans with a similar topping is awesome too.

I eat lots of veggies, though some are less pleasing than others. Zucchini is okay, but not my favorite. The only time I really eat it is at a hibachi restaurant.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Complaint: Having to wait until tomorrow for training camp to finally kickoff...
K7cIOjG.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Powerball jackpot is $233 million.....The cash payout is $133 million. They take $100 million if you don't opt to get your money over the course of 20 years (I think that's the time period). The bass turds are just hoping people will die, so they don't have to pay the whole thing, but if you try to circumvent that and have money to leave your family or whomever, they'll just take what they want up front.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Believe me. I have enough hobbies! I certainly don't need more, but I bet at least a couple will come along before long.
I eat lots of veggies, though some are less pleasing than others. Zucchini is okay, but not my favorite. The only time I really eat it is at a hibachi restaurant.
Try some zucchini bread. If prepared properly, it's a delicious coffee cake. Never understood why they call it bread, probably because it's it's placed in a loaf baking pan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on why people are vegans and whether they're evangelical about it. The ones I know, it is simply their choice and they don't preach at me.

If it is because they don't want animals killed to provide them with sustenance, I get that and I might feel different if I thought about it too much and I will not buy beef from any rancher or company that offers veal. I order my steaks online or get them from local ranchers but only after I confirm that they do not process veal.

nobody

Reaction score
Why do cable providers force you to switch providers in order to get the new customer deal, thus losing business and a loyal customer? I even told mine over the phone "Look, I'd rather stick with you, but I will temporarily switch away and come back to you a month later as a new customer and force you guys to pay the early cancellation fee if that's the route you wanna take. It'd be easier just giving me the new customer package." They said no....so I'm switching. If the new service is at least as good, why bother even switching back? It's cheaper than what my old provider was charging me after the promotional deal expired.

It would have saved them money and kept a paying customer. Now they'll either permanently lose that customer or have a returning customer who got the new customer deal anyway and they had to pay more for the contract break of the interim provider.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do cable providers force you to switch providers in order to get the new customer deal, thus losing business and a loyal customer? I even told mine over the phone "Look, I'd rather stick with you, but I will temporarily switch away and come back to you a month later as a new customer and force you guys to pay the early cancellation fee if that's the route you wanna take. It'd be easier just giving me the new customer package." They said no....so I'm switching. If the new service is at least as good, why bother even switching back? It's cheaper than what my old provider was charging me after the promotional deal expired.

It would have saved them money and kept a paying customer. Now they'll either permanently lose that customer or have a returning customer who got the new customer deal anyway and they had to pay more for the contract break of the interim provider.
They don't want to set a bad precedence by making an exception. Most people just go with the flow, and pay whatever the cable company can get away with charging, and if there was a rumor going around that all you have to do is reason with them, they wouldn't make as much profit.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Complaint: Cowboys first preseason game is on Thursday at 9 p.m. CDT. It's bad enough we have to wait until Thursday, but having to wait until 9 p.m. CDT to watch the game makes it even worse.:banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.