Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought about creating another pet peeve thread but this is sorta like a complaint so I will post it here:

People who tells someone accessing a computer their information is "In your computer".

Exactly how does a person know information is 'in the computer' if they cannot confirm that specific information is IN the computer? Is there some sort of electronic telepathy certain people have granting them paranormal abilities to know information is stored in a data file without seeing or reading it? Do they have computer hacking skills that granted them access to their data BEFORE asking someone else with actual access to their computer information--which makes one wonder why they ask someone else for what they already know in the first place.

Seriously though, people assume things. It is likely information people assume is already in someone's computer files is actually there but that may not be true in all instances. How hard is it for some people to simply wait until the person with computer access tells them 'I cannot find your information in the computer'? MAYBE the person accessing the computer will NOT even say that. Perhaps arguments will not automatically spring up between someone accessing the computer and the individual who does not know jack <expletive> about what information is in that particular computer (or probably not comprehend how computers work in general period).

Apologies. /rant

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thought about creating another pet peeve thread but this is sorta like a complaint so I will post it here:

People who tells someone accessing a computer their information is "In your computer".

Exactly how does a person know information is 'in the computer' if they cannot confirm that specific information is IN the computer? Is there some sort of electronic telepathy certain people have granting them paranormal abilities to know information is stored in a data file without seeing or reading it? Do they have computer hacking skills that granted them access to their data BEFORE asking someone else with actual access to their computer information--which makes one wonder why they ask someone else for what they already know in the first place.

Seriously though, people assume things. It is likely information people assume is already in someone's computer files is actually there but that may not be true in all instances. How hard is it for some people to simply wait until the person with computer access tells them 'I cannot find your information in the computer'? MAYBE the person accessing the computer will NOT even say that. Perhaps arguments will not automatically spring up between someone accessing the computer and the individual who does not know jack <expletive> about what information is in that particular computer (or probably not comprehend how computers work in general period).

Apologies. /rant
Apparently, not only am I computer illiterate, but I'm also computer talk illiterate!

Xelda

Reaction score

Apologies. /rant
PREACH!!!!!! (I won't go into why I pulled my pompoms out for this.)

Xelda

Reaction score
Or is it more like this ?
Burns_1.jpg
Michael Strahan now comes in vanilla. If you act now, you can shave that crap off his face. But wait, there's more! For the next 25 callers, we will include a custom toothbrush.

Quickdraw

Reaction score

Apologies. /rant
In a network environment, domain admins have access to everyone's profile on a given computer. Doesn't matter what file because all they need to do is search using wildcard characters.

Now, to know exactly "which" file they need to access to disclose specific data, that is a more painstaking task.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In a network environment, domain admins have access to everyone's profile on a given computer. Doesn't matter what file because all they need to do is search using wildcard characters.

Now, to know exactly "which" file they need to access to disclose specific data, that is a more painstaking task.
Thanks for not clarifying that! J/K...It doesn't matter how you say it. Without at least 3 semesters of classes, loaded with visual aids and hands on learning, I'm lost.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They should have listened to me and cast Momoa as Lobo, not Aquaman...
Stupid people... Rug was pulled completely.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.