Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still 3 Grand sounds excessive, considering what Mum payed for Her 40 ft Cherry Tree to be Lincolned and dismembered, the amount of Firewood She got was worth far more than the cost too, so She ended up ahead.
Now cherry is worth some money.

I've got someone else coming to give me a quote, so I'll see what he says before deciding.

BTW, it was George Washington who supposedly chopped down his mother's cherry tree.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I could just drag it all into the woods, but that's a lot of work for one man with a bad back. lol

Hire some neighbourhood kids to haul to the woods. I had a large tree cut down years ago. Saved 700 by removing it myself. Placed an Ad in the paper, 2 days later a guy showed up with a chain saw and hauled it away ... he heats with wood...you could try that. But it would depend where you live. I'm in Canada, wood burning stoves are plentiful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hire some neighbourhood kids to haul to the woods. I had a large tree cut down years ago. Saved 700 by removing it myself. Placed an Ad in the paper, 2 days later a guy showed up with a chain saw and hauled it away ... he heats with wood...you could try that. But it would depend where you live. I'm in Canada, wood burning stoves are plentiful.
They're plentiful here too, but so are trees. I'm considering just leaving the wood where people can take it if they want it, but that means either leaving it on my lawn or at the top of a steep hill, since those are the only parts of my property near the road.

My other option is to have them cut down the half that's poised to fall on my house, and let the other half fall across the road someday, where the town will take care of it. lol But I have to much of a conscience to do that.

lukin2006

Reaction score
They're plentiful here too, but so are trees. I'm considering just leaving the wood where people can take it if they want it, but that means either leaving it on my lawn or at the top of a steep hill, since those are the only parts of my property near the road.

My other option is to have them cut down the half that's poised to fall on my house, and let the other half fall across the road someday, where the town will take care of it. lol But I have to much of a conscience to do that.

You want to take care of the part that could fall on your house. The taxes we pay in Canada, I'd have no problem letting the city pick up the tab...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Oh, I have several of those, but I couldn't afford to have 4 or 5 85 foot pines taken down. I just have to hope I move before one comes down..........or that it comes down in the middle of my bed while I'm sleeping.

Lets hope they stay upright until you move...trees are great ... until they need to be removed, then we curse them.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lets hope they stay upright until you move...trees are great ... until they need to be removed, then we curse them.

Speaking of moving ... I have a tree in the front that I was planning on cutting down ... It's a messy tree. But I'm moving, the next owners can have the messy tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.