Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was thinking of Lincoln Logs. Hubert Lego never became President, having lost the Republican party nomination to Thomas Dewey in 1948.
Ewww, you're obsessed with your Lincoln Logs!!! But you're right, Lego never became PotUS, but when the people realized what an injustice they served him, they elected him President of the He Man Woman Haters' Club, where he presided until a violent overthrow by George "Spanky" McFarland left him homeless, with nothing but 5 pounds of plastic and an undisclosed number of cinder blocks. The rest is history.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ewww, you're obsessed with your Lincoln Logs!!! But you're right, Lego never became PotUS, but when the people realized what an injustice they served him, they elected him President of the He Man Woman Haters' Club, where he presided until a violent overthrow by George "Spanky" McFarland left him homeless, with nothing but 5 pounds of plastic and an undisclosed number of cinder blocks. The rest is history.

McFarland and his hired goon with the funny cowlick were as ruthless as they come. Capone feared him. It’s rumored he is responsible for Jimmy Hoffa’s disappearance. But Hubert got the last laugh.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McFarland and his hired goon with the funny cowlick were as ruthless as they come. Capone feared him. It’s rumored he is responsible for Jimmy Hoffa’s disappearance. But Hubert got the last laugh.
You know your history, my friend!

Yes, it's true that Spanky and Alfalfa unseated Hubert in a ruthless display of Rock, Paper, Scissors (It's said that Spanky was communicating with someone named Stymie, who claimed to know every move Lego would make, even before he did) but in the end, Hubert Lego developed what would come to be a building toy that children and dorky adults alike would collect and play with for decades! But enough about Erector Sets, what even you probably didn't know is that he also invented Lego building blocks!

Xelda

Reaction score
I've got an oak tree in my front yard that I need to have taken down, before it decides to come down wherever it wants to.......Just got a quote of $2500, if they don't take the wood away or $3000, if they remove it.
Don't you have any good old Southern country boys where you live? Around here, they chop down trees for the fun of it. They don't like moving it, so they charge for getting it off your property.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't you have any good old Southern country boys where you live? Around here, they chop down trees for the fun of it. They don't like moving it, so they charge for getting it off your property.
Southern country boys in Connecticut?....No, not a lot of those to be found. lol I need to hire a professional, and one who really knows what he's doing, because this tree could do a lot of damage, if not taken down properly.

The 2 guys that gave me the quote this morning are father and son, though honestly, they may also be brothers. I think they were the inspiration for Larry, Daryl, and Daryl on Newhart.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Southern country boys in Connecticut?....No, not a lot of those to be found. lol I need to hire a professional, and one who really knows what he's doing, because this tree could do a lot of damage, if not taken down properly.

The 2 guys that gave me the quote this morning are father and son, though honestly, they may also be brothers. I think they were the inspiration for Larry, Daryl, and Daryl on Newhart.

That might explain why the cost is so high...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too bad I don't live near you, I'd come take that sucker down!!!!!!!!!!!
Runny, judging by the number of !'s in ksk's sentence, I'd be glad he lives far away and maybe even moving further. Anyone that excited to take a tree down has some unresolved issues. Somehow, I believe this would involve explosives, gas masks and a crane.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Runny, judging by the number of !'s in ksk's sentence, I'd be glad he lives far away and maybe even moving further. Anyone that excited to take a tree down has some unresolved issues. Somehow, I believe this would involve explosives, gas masks and a crane.
I should probably tell him there are no knotholes in this tree.

Xelda

Reaction score

You might hate to do this as much as I do, but more estimates could get the cost down some. I know a large tree isn't a joke, but neither is $3,000. Make sure the people are insured before giving the go ahead.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I should probably tell him there are no knotholes in this tree.
Get me a bag of fertilizer and some diesel fuel and I will take that tree down fast

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know your history, my friend!

Yes, it's true that Spanky and Alfalfa unseated Hubert in a ruthless display of Rock, Paper, Scissors (It's said that Spanky was communicating with someone named Stymie, who claimed to know every move Lego would make, even before he did) but in the end, Hubert Lego developed what would come to be a building toy that children and dorky adults alike would collect and play with for decades! But enough about Erector Sets, what even you probably didn't know is that he also invented Lego building blocks!

Wow, he invented Lego’s too? What an amazing man! Who would have guessed that? A shame he never became president.

Speaking of which, did you know Wilson and Hoover each started companies that are major corporations to this day? Yes, you guessed it. Wilson started the Rawlings Sporting Goods Company, and Hoover started the Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Company. I guess they didn’t think their products would sell if they named the company after themselves. They were probably right.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, he invented Lego’s too? What an amazing man! Who would have guessed that? A shame he never became president.

Speaking of which, did you know Wilson and Hoover each started companies that are major corporations to this day? Yes, you guessed it. Wilson started the Rawlings Sporting Goods Company, and Hoover started the Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Company. I guess they didn’t think their products would sell if they named the company after themselves. They were probably right.
That's one for Lundy's obscure facts thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.