Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While waiting for one to fill out their check with information can be bad, what about the yahoo who brought their coupon book with them as they search through hundreds only to save a buck fifty? Even worse is the grandma that has a coupon for everything in her cart and the cashier has to scan each one?
I go to one grocery store that sells lottery tickets, and some people buy them while they're in the checkout line, completely unconcerned that they're holding everyone else up.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve is at work and how I always have to be polite even to those that need therapy instead of another pizza.

Example: Me: Thank you for calling Anthony's pizza, would this be delivery or carry-out?

Caller: "Yes I want three large pizzas. One with pepperoni, another with extra cheese, and a third one being a supreme."

Me: Would this be delivery or carry-out ma'am?

This matters because the owner is so cheap we still use hand written checks and deliveries are wrote on carbon written receipts where carry-out isn't ....
Next we find out that it is for delivery and my next question is for the address.

Caller responds: "Why do you need my address?"

I should be allowed to hang up on this person by this point but no, we must endure...... After getting the address, it appears to be one I don't know. So I look it up on GPS and find it is 12 miles away. I then politely suggest calling the store closer to their location being it is out of our delivery area. From this point it has been over 5 minutes and the other 4 lines are still on hold. Instead of calling the other store the caller then starts to question why our delivery area is not in their location (as if it matters at this point). To make a long story short, I wasted over 8+ minutes with a self adsorbed dimwit that only slowed our system to a screeching halt just to confirm we could not help her but offered the number to a location that could, all while being berated for wasting her time.

Someone please come to my work and shoot me to where I can claim disability and not deal with these buttholes 20 times a day......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My biggest pet peeve is at work and how I always have to be polite even to those that need therapy instead of another pizza.

Example: Me: Thank you for calling Anthony's pizza, would this be delivery or carry-out?

Caller: "Yes I want three large pizzas. One with pepperoni, another with extra cheese, and a third one being a supreme."

This matters because the owner is so cheap we still use hand written checks and deliveries are wrote on carbon written receipts where carry-out isn't ....
Next we find out that it is for delivery and my next question is for the address.

I should be allowed to hang up on this person by this point but no, we must endure...... After getting the address, it appears to be one I don't know. So I look it up on GPS and find it is 12 miles away. I then politely suggest calling the store closer to their location being it is out of our delivery area. From this point it has been over 5 minutes and the other 4 lines are still on hold. Instead of calling the other store the caller then starts to question why our delivery area is not in their location (as if it matters at this point). To make a long story short, I wasted over 8+ minutes with a self adsorbed dimwit that only slowed our system to a screeching halt just to confirm we could not help her but offered the number to a location that could, all while being berated for wasting her time.

Someone please come to my work and shoot me to where I can claim disability and not deal with these buttholes 20 times a day......
Back when I delivered furniture, I had a delivery in one Rhode Island town in which the customer's road ran the length of the town, North to South. There was another road that bisected their road, and to figure out what order I was making my deliveries, I needed to know exactly where on their road they were located. Here's the phone conversation:

Me: Hi, I'm bringing your furniture tomorrow, and I was wondering whether your house was North or South of Black's Pond Road.

Customer: That depends on what direction you're coming from.

Me:...................................Uh, no...........no, it doesn't.

Customer: Yes it does.

Me: No sir, North and South are constant. Are you North of Black's Pond Road, or South of it?

Customer: What direction are you coming from?

Me: It depends on whether you're North or South of Black's Pond Road.

Customer: No it doesn't.

Me:...........................................*Sigh..................Okay, I'm coming from the South.

Customer: Then it's North of Black's Pond Road.

Me:..........................*Sigh.................Okay, thank you.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Back when I delivered furniture, I had a delivery in one Rhode Island town in which the customer's road ran the length of the town, North to South. There was another road that bisected their road, and to figure out what order I was making my deliveries, I needed to know exactly where on their road they were located. Here's the phone conversation:

Me: Hi, I'm bringing your furniture tomorrow, and I was wondering whether your house was North or South of Black's Pond Road.

Customer: That depends on what direction you're coming from.

Me:...................................Uh, no...........no, it doesn't.

Customer: Yes it does.

Me: No sir, North and South are constant. Are you North of Black's Pond Road, or South of it?

Customer: What direction are you coming from?

Me: It depends on whether you're North or South of Black's Pond Road.

Customer: No it doesn't.

Me:...........................................*Sigh..................Okay, I'm coming from the South.

Customer: Then it's North of Black's Pond Road.

Me:..........................*Sigh.................Okay, thank you.

:laugh::laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Haha, I get a lot of the same kind of calls. It's hard to believe some people are indeed that stupid.
One Friday night we were swamped, the phone rings and the old clam asks if we have fresh basil. 'No sorry mam we do not" After several more minutes of going round and round about basil she says "well nvm ill just go out in my garden and get some":laugh:
Also have had several calls that start like this, "I would like to order a carry out delivery" :facepalm::facepalm:

The people that take 5 minutes to order 13 bucks worth of food are the best, they also seem to begin and finish every sentence with "umm" or "and".

Also the people that call and put you on hold are the worst, you can hear them in the background trying to carry on 2 conversations at once "Umm hold on, Hey hon you want pepperoni on that" :laugh:They usually get hung up on. That and the idiot parents that thinks it cute when they let little Junior order pizza for the first time, again usually they get hung up on.

Did I mention that Schools and Churches are the worst...…...

Last edited:

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Haha, I get a lot of the same kind of calls. It's hard to believe some people are indeed that stupid.
One Friday night we were swamped, the phone rings and the old clam asks if we have fresh basil. 'No sorry mam we do not" After several more minutes of going round and round about basil she says "well nvm ill just go out in my garden and get some":laugh:
Also have had several calls that start like this, "I would like to order a carry out delivery" :facepalm::facepalm:

The people that take 5 minutes to order 13 bucks worth of food are the best, they also seem to begin and finish every sentence with "umm" or "and".

Also the people that call and put you on hold are the worst, you can hear them in the background trying to carry on 2 conversations at once "Umm hold on, Hey hon you want pepperoni on that" :laugh:They usually get hung up on. That and the idiot parents that thinks it cute when they let little Junior order pizza for the first time, again usually they get hung up on.

Did I mention that Schools and Churches are the worst...…...

Yes tips from schools and church groups are awful...... We do the local high school a favor every home game for football, volleyball, baseball, and basketball, by bringing them 8 large cheese pizza (16 inch by 8 slices) when the games begin and bring more if they call for more and only charge them $6 a piece for them tax free.... They go and sell them $3.50 a slice. Supposedly the profits are used for uniforms, supplies, charter buses for away games, etc...... The one thing that truly gets me is the part that the driver has to walk from the parking lot to the field cession stand with these heated bags which can sometimes be a few blocks away for the lousy $1 these wonderful teachers give you for making their difficult job so much easier. I swear one day before I quit I am gonna make the suggestion of upping the price of slices by .25 cents so they can afford a decent tip.... Though it would be a cold day in hell before we see a $1 per pizza not less $2... lol

While I could spend all day complaining about how some tip, peoples phone manors truly drive me up the wall.... The worst thing anyone could hear handling the phones on a busy night is "What specials do you have tonight?" I just want to say go look it up online or on your smart phone.... I got calls coming in left and right, but lets stop everything for you to hear the specials then try to make a decision with 4 others after repeating the specials to everyone else in the house.... Or better yet, my daughter's birthday is today, what deal can you give me for 4 pizzas? Then try to haggle over price because they are ordering more than 2 pizzas....

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yes tips from schools and church groups are awful...... We do the local high school a favor every home game for football, volleyball, baseball, and basketball, by bringing them 8 large cheese pizza (16 inch by 8 slices) when the games begin and bring more if they call for more and only charge them $6 a piece for them tax free.... They go and sell them $3.50 a slice. Supposedly the profits are used for uniforms, supplies, charter buses for away games, etc...... The one thing that truly gets me is the part that the driver has to walk from the parking lot to the field cession stand with these heated bags which can sometimes be a few blocks away for the lousy $1 these wonderful teachers give you for making their difficult job so much easier. I swear one day before I quit I am gonna make the suggestion of upping the price of slices by .25 cents so they can afford a decent tip.... Though it would be a cold day in hell before we see a $1 per pizza not less $2... lol

While I could spend all day complaining about how some tip, peoples phone manors truly drive me up the wall.... The worst thing anyone could hear handling the phones on a busy night is "What specials do you have tonight?" I just want to say go look it up online or on your smart phone.... I got calls coming in left and right, but lets stop everything for you to hear the specials then try to make a decision with 4 others after repeating the specials to everyone else in the house.... Or better yet, my daughter's birthday is today, what deal can you give me for 4 pizzas? Then try to haggle over price because they are ordering more than 2 pizzas....

Haha, ya them being tax free really irks me big time. Hagglers and the Lets make a deal types are comical. I have almost told several this isn't the Goodwill :laugh:or even almost suggested to them if they want a 5 dollar pizza perhaps call Little Caesars. The people that call for specials always seem to call when you are very busy, and they usually talk at a super slow speed.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Anyone else have a dream that for whatever reason just wrecks your entire mood for the entire day after? Why is that?
Waking up in the middle of a dream will leave you feeling drained and agitated.

A dream is just a test run for your brain, before it cuts the power back on completely. That's why you always wake up right after a dream. So when you don't finish the dream, aka the test run, your brain will not be at working at peak proficiency that day. Which leads to lack of focus and no endorphins.

nobody

Reaction score

A dream is just a test run for your brain, before it cuts the power back on completely. That's why you always wake up right after a dream. So when you don't finish the dream, aka the test run, your brain will not be at working at peak proficiency that day. Which leads to lack of focus and no endorphins.

That's not what I meant, but it's interesting! I meant the subject of the dream wrecks your mood, not an incomplete dream :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You wake up right after a dream because you dream all night long. I wake up several times a night, and it's always mid dream or immediately after one.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You wake up right after a dream because you dream all night long. I wake up several times a night, and it's always mid dream or immediately after one.
We dream about two hours a night. We dream every night but not all night. And all 7.5 billion of us wake up during the test run or right after.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Here’s a question to the other forum members:

You walk into a point of sales take-out restaurant, cafe, et cetera, where you walk up to the register, order your food or drink and then you’re either handed a receipt with a line to add tip, or nowadays they spin the iPad thing around where it prompts you for a tip.

Do you leave a tip?

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score

You walk into a point of sales take-out restaurant, cafe, et cetera, where you walk up to the register, order your food or drink and then you’re either handed a receipt with a line to add tip, or nowadays they spin the iPad thing around where it prompts you for a tip.

Do you leave a tip?

To be honest, if there is a line to tip on the receipt, then it is not truly a point of sales credit card machine. Like I said I work for a cheap owner. We don't even have a line to leave a tip on our credit card receipts. This is why during our ordering process we ask if this will be cash or credit and if they say credit, we ask if they would like to leave a tip for the driver. Trust me, that can be a true turn off hearing I have to tip before even seeing the product beforehand.... Would be surprised how many times one gets no tip because they say we have cash and then they don't when we get to the door. All this so the owner can save around .25 cents per transaction for being a true point of sales.

To answer the question though, many do not leave a tip in that situation. Some that do are mostly those in the hospitality business themselves. If I am at a place where a service is being done for me, I normally tip. Being at a diner, or cafe I normally sit down and enjoy my drink/meal. Now if I am just there to pick up my carry-out and see a tip jar, I ask if it is for the cooks. If it is, I normally throw in a few bucks because it is a hot job and mostly only minimum wage workers are slaving over my meal. Normally some high schooler trying to make his way in the world. I do ask though, because some business owners do not give the tips to the cooks. Some owners just pocket the tips as a business luxury.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do you leave a tip?
Depends on whether a service has been provided and after the revelation about Mario Batali stealing tips from his waitstaff, I ask about where the tip jar money goes. I do not assume that it goes to the cook staff that we seldom see.

I also tip if something is exceptional like the donut place I go when I head to Austin to see the grandkids. They have the best donuts and are very conscientious about the cleanliness of their restaurant.

I have this friend that I will not go to a restaurant with and he's a former restaurant owner. He will low tip or no tip and then reprimand the person telling them how to do their job. I will reward really good service and attiude but I don't low tip if the service wasn't good, these people get next to nothing in hourly pay and are tip dependent.

I have another friend that did something I'd not thought about, he also owned a very successful restaurant. He always asks the owner/manager if the waitstaff splits tips and if they do, he asks him if he can tip his usual of 25% for the split but give more than that directly to the waiter. He said if it's a fine dining restaurant, if the minimum for split is met, he's never been told he couldn't do that and they arrange that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone else have a dream that for whatever reason just wrecks your entire mood for the entire day after? Why is that?
I don't know but I do my best to try and preoccupy my mind but it will still drift back to an incomplete or unresolved dream.

What's really frustrating is wanting to get back to where I left off in a dream but can't. I've actually gone to bed and tried to focus on the incomplete dream from the previous night to see if I can trick my mind into it but that's never worked. Hell, I have a hard time trying to keep my mind in a straight thought process while awake.

The other thing that a lot of people are not aware of is the effect of medications on the dream process and add alcohol to that and it can get crazy. But the strangest thing about dreams being affected was several years ago my wife and I, like a lot of people, got into Pinot Grigio as our cocktail wine, tried quite a few and really liked Mezzacorona until one night I had a very visually violent dream. Next night, the same thing, not the same dream but just as disconcerting and far too real. Next night, I didn't drink and nothing. Several nights later, I had a different wine and nothing. I wasn't experimenting because I would have thought there's not any way a brand of wine would affect that but the next time we drank Mezzacorona, I woke up running, screaming and had completely drenched my side of the bed with sweat. I was shaky and exhausted that day. I experimented one more time after that and same thing, really a violent dream and too real. You know that feeling of a "too real" dream? I have no idea what could be in that particular brand of wine but I've never tried it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.