Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I drove into Denver earlier today and, just for fun, started counting the number of cars that enter an intersection just as their light turns from yellow to red. The average is 3 cars per stop light run a red light.

Typically, you have to count to 5 after your light turns green before proceeding. This now supercedes my previous mega complaint of texting while driving.

I caught a few minutes of the rebooted Mad Max movie last night. I have so many ideas now how to modify my pick-up to counter red light runners.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I drove into Denver earlier today and, just for fun, started counting the number of cars that enter an intersection just as their light turns from yellow to red. The average is 3 cars per stop light run a red light.

Typically, you have to count to 5 after your light turns green before proceeding. This now supercedes my previous mega complaint of texting while driving.

I caught a few minutes of the rebooted Mad Max movie last night. I have so many ideas now how to modify my pick-up to counter red light runners.
I said long ago that cities that install stop-light cameras would be better off installing stop-light spikes :D

That way, when the light turns red, the spikes come up out of the road right before the stop line.

That would not only greatly reduce intersection accidents, it would also protect people walking on crosswalks.

Xelda

Reaction score
I bought a new anti virus for my computer and I want it to find stuff, then obliterate it- in slow motion. Not tell me there's no viruses!

Xelda

Reaction score
I said long ago that cities that install stop-light cameras would be better off installing stop-light spikes :D

That way, when the light turns red, the spikes come up out of the road right before the stop line.

That would not only greatly reduce intersection accidents it would also protect people at crosswalks.
Tires are expensive! I do not like that idea at all. Try again, Reality. Please?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That would not only greatly reduce intersection accidents, it would also protect people walking on crosswalks.
Stop light spikes would work but, probably wouldn't be as fulfilling as a Mad Max ramming machine.

Xelda

Reaction score
It wouldn't be an issue if no one ran red lights :D

Right now, people see yellow and think, "I can make it". With stop-light spikes, they would see yellow and think, "I cannot afford new tires" and stop.
I know. :(

I do like the ramming machine idea. Maybe we could all take turns driving it.

nobody

Reaction score

People have shown that at lights where there is a stop-light camera, the duration of the yellow is noticeably less than at stop lights where there aren't cameras...cities want the money. It's not about safety.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
People have shown that at lights where there is a stop-light camera, the duration of the yellow is noticeably less than at stop lights where there aren't cameras...cities want the money. It's not about safety.
:lmao: I got 'popped' by a traffic camera while driving taxi cab once for speeding( a sharks gotta' shark), the cab co. gave me all the corresponding paper work sent from the state(hey, it was their car, ya know? That camera is some pretty high end piece of gear,as the picture of me behind the wheel was very clear & looked like it was taken at high noon, which I thought was kinda' creepy,as I only drove cab at night,,, I wadded it up & threw it in the trash can,**** 'em,,, they've since discontinued that source of revenue stream from the citizenry of AZ. due to the people not playing along in that gameo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao: I got 'popped' by a traffic camera while driving taxi cab once for speeding( a sharks gotta' shark), the cab co. gave me all the corresponding paper work sent from the state(hey, it was their car, ya know? That camera is some pretty high end piece of gear,as the picture of me behind the wheel was very clear & looked like it was taken at high noon, which I thought was kinda' creepy,as I only drove cab at night,,, I wadded it up & threw it in the trash can,**** 'em,,, they've since discontinued that source of revenue stream from the citizenry of AZ. due to the people not playing along in that gameo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
I got popped driving my truck in a downpour once, and it was better than my high school yearbook picture!

catiii

Reaction score
Ever gone to a take away restaurant and ordered 1 dog and fries. (The real price of this is $4.) The employee asks what ya want to drink, You say "nothing just the dog and fries." The employee rings up the COMBO price of $5 and you almost get ripped off on the price AND by not getting a drink which would've been included in the higher price. :(
The employees in question when this happens just happen to be "millennials" and it happens heaps.

Just a pet peeve of mine. o_O

What is YOUR fav story along these lines?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ever gone to a take away restaurant and ordered 1 dog and fries. (The real price of this is $4.) The employee asks what ya want to drink, You say "nothing just the dog and fries." The employee rings up the COMBO price of $5 and you almost get ripped off on the price AND by not getting a drink which would've been included in the higher price. :(
The employees in question when this happens just happen to be "millennials" and it happens heaps.

Just a pet peeve of mine. o_O

What is YOUR fav story along these lines?
I couldn't see ordering a hot dog at a restaurant, when the ones I buy at the grocery store are much cheaper and much better...but if I got the combo price, without ordering the combo, I'd either make them do it right, or I'd get the drink and leave it on the counter.

catiii

Reaction score
I couldn't see ordering a hot dog at a restaurant, when the ones I buy at the grocery store are much cheaper and much better...but if I got the combo price, without ordering the combo, I'd either make them do it right, or I'd get the drink and leave it on the counter.
Camping and really didn;t have any cold storage for an opened pack of dogs. Yeah this was a small town independent drive-in stand where dogs were a specialty for 1.50. I made them do it right. Their fries/tots/cottage fries all half the price and 4x more volume than ya get at any chain for less cash. Place looks a lot like the drive-in snack bar in Twister so I thought I'd try it. :eek: Goin green!!! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.