Completely useless facts (Just for Fun)

joseephuss

Reaction score

timb2

Reaction score
This one never works for me nor anyone I know who's tried it. Generally, hiccups go away when they go away.
It works for me and ex wife was a nurse and she never heard of it until we were dating and I told her. She was on the floor at a hospital and they had a patient who had hiccups . She gave them sugar and it stopped. The patient said to her. "Where were you 2 days ago when it started"? LOL.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is currently a plan that’s been building for about a year to repopulate the United States with Jaguars. They used to be native to the US, but hunters in the early 1900’s all but eradicated them.

It is a preservation attempt to correct the destabilization of nature unintentionally caused by man. Overpopulation of deer, rabbits, various rodents and other prey is a direct result of humans thinning all of the predatorial animals such as wolves, bears, and the Jaguar. The idea is they would take 50-150 Jaguars from South America and distribute them all throughout New Mexico and Arizona.

For those who don’t know, Jaguar is pound for pound the most dangerous big cat in the world. While not as large as a Lion or a tiger, Their size-to-weight ratio exceeds both, and the have the second strongest bite force amongst all mammals, only to the hippo. You ever see those videos on the Nile, where the croc pops out of the water and drags the lion in? That one goes a bit differently on the Amazon….

jaguar-caiman_2017_09_30.jpg

If you live in Texas, imagine seeing one of those things staring in through your sliding door.

Followup:

rags747

Reaction score
Ted Cassidy played the role of the Gorn on the "infamous" Star Trek episode... Arena
You might ask, Who is Ted Cassidy?
Lurch from the Adams Family
&
I always liked the fact that the Adams named their daughter Wednesday
Because, per the nursey rhyme, "Wednesday's child is full of woe"
Very interesting, always loved that episode of Star Trek!

timb2

Reaction score
When The Three Stooges needed a monster or crazy man, actor Duke York usually played it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just found out today watching to show on one of the history and mystery channels that George Harrison, of the Beatles, had a Red '57 Gibson Les Paul guitar he named Lucy. I think that is more or less common knowledge but I just realized today because of its red color Harrison named it after Lucille Ball. But more interesting is the story of the guitar itself It was originally owned by John Sebastian of Lovin' Spoonful. He sold it to Rick Derringer. Derringer thought the guitar was too beat up so he gave it to the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo Michigan to have them refinish it in a red transparent color. Derringer then decided he didn't like it and sold it to a guitar shop in New York. That's where Eric Clapton saw it and bought it. Clapton didn't play it much because he had several other guitars he preferred at the time so he gave it to George Harrison as a gift. Harrison saw the red color and named it Lucy.

The story doesn't end there. In 1973 the guitar was stolen from Harrison's home in Beverly Hills when it was burglarized. Harrison was angry about the theft of his guitar and made a substantial effort to recover it. The thief sold it almost immediately to a music store in Hollywood. Then it was purchased by a musician from Mexico. Shortly after selling the guitar the music store owner saw the guitar on a stolen property bulletin. The store owner called the contact number on the sales receipt and reached a friend of the buyer. Harrison contacted the friend then had him offer the buyer two new guitars, a Les Paul Sunburst and a Fender Bass in exchange for Lucy and the buyer agreed. Harrison got Lucy back and had it until he died.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just found out today watching to show on one of the history and mystery channels that George Harrison, of the Beatles, had a Red '57 Gibson Les Paul guitar he named Lucy. I think that is more or less common knowledge but I just realized today because of its red color Harrison named it after Lucille Ball. But more interesting is the story of the guitar itself It was originally owned by John Sebastian of Lovin' Spoonful. He sold it to Rick Derringer. Derringer thought the guitar was too beat up so he gave it to the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo Michigan to have them refinish it in a red transparent color. Derringer then decided he didn't like it and sold it to a guitar shop in New York. That's where Eric Clapton saw it and bought it. Clapton didn't play it much because he had several other guitars he preferred at the time so he gave it to George Harrison as a gift. Harrison saw the red color and named it Lucy.

The story doesn't end there. In 1973 the guitar was stolen from Harrison's home in Beverly Hills when it was burglarized. Harrison was angry about the theft of his guitar and made a substantial effort to recover it. The thief sold it almost immediately to a music store in Hollywood. Then it was purchased by a musician from Mexico. Shortly after selling the guitar the music store owner saw the guitar on a stolen property bulletin. The store owner called the contact number on the sales receipt and reached a friend of the buyer. Harrison contacted the friend then had him offer the buyer two new guitars, a Les Paul Sunburst and a Fender Bass in exchange for Lucy and the buyer agreed. Harrison got Lucy back and had it until he died.
Maybe that's what he meant by "It Don't Come Easy".

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to Sheldon Cooper, character on Big Bang Theory, 73 is the best number.

73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th, and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying seven and three ... and in binary, 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.

I watched the episode that Sheldon explained the best number on a flight last night to New Orleans... it made the 3 hour delay slightly less painful.
:muttley: