FEATURED Conference Championship Game Thread

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, if the Chiefs gets Mahomes a receiver again. He probably wins at least 5 Superbowls when his career is over.
Rice is an outstanding receiver. Got better as the year went on.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Just a crushing loss for the Lions. That organization may never get that chance again at a Super Bowl. They were just a few inches away from the finish line and just completely melted down.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just a crushing loss for the Lions. That organization may never get that chance again at a Super Bowl. They were just a few inches away from the finish line and just completely melted down.
Blame that buffoon coach of theirs. You never ever turn down a FG when it puts you up by another score.

Second reason is psychological. The 49ers are being beat down. They get a FG to start the second half and the Lions drive right down the field. This is where you match their FG and let the 49ers know that halfway through the 3rd they gained no ground.

Not be a dunce and go for it on 4th and give the 49ers all of the momentum. Now the 49ers gained ground, and if they score again, they're only down by one score. There's taking risks, and there's being stupid.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
who else ?
without CMC the 49ers aren’t in the Super Bowl. He is probably the best trade the league has had in the past 10 years. He was that important for that offense, so important he has now overshadowed Samuel.

Or better yet, do away with the MVP award if the award still goes to a QB in a year where QB play was uninspiring league wide. Just rename it to the Quarterback of the Year award and be done with it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Neither is 10 points. ;)
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
That wasn't my point. My point was teams that make dumb mistakes in playoff games usually lose. Baltimore was the less disciplined team yesterday, in a close defensive battle. KC did not score a point in the 2nd half. Their defense won that game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That wasn't my point. My point was teams that make dumb mistakes in playoff games usually lose. Baltimore was the less disciplined team yesterday, in a close defensive battle. KC did not score a point in the 2nd half. Their defense won that game.
The really interesting thing about that statement is that KC's defense did that against a team noted for their tremendous defense. Before the game was played, I was expecting Baltimore to go to the Super Bowl, led by their great defense.
But instead, KC is going, after a strong defensive showing against the Ravens.