FEATURED Conference Championship Game Thread

mldardy

Reaction score
Jared Goff wilted under pressure in the 2nd half. You could see he was rattled and his accuracy disappeared.

Campbell doesn't know how to manage a game, aggression is great but you have to know when to take the points

Lamar Jackson is what I thought he was a product of a great running game and good defense, he isn't winning big games with his arm
Nah. I guess you missed how many passes the Lions WRs dropped, the fumble, and Campbell's lunacy coaching decisions. Goff didn't wilt at all. The team and coaching around him wilted.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Jared Goff wilted under pressure in the 2nd half. You could see he was rattled and his accuracy disappeared.

Campbell doesn't know how to manage a game, aggression is great but you have to know when to take the points

Lamar Jackson is what I thought he was a product of a great running game and good defense, he isn't winning big games with his arm
Really weird since the 2 biggest downs he hit his WR and they dropped iit

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah why would anyone want to watch the best QB in the league?
I want to see Mahomes take out the 49ers. That will not be a yawner.
Always will be fans of the other 30 teams that always state they don't care about the Super Bowl.
I allay have interest in the NFL Title game --- and will watch to see whether the Chiefs or Forty-niners prevail.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Lions are still the only team that’s been around during the 58 year SB era that’s never been to the SB.

bottleKids

Reaction score

After the Lions defense blew the game Goff was the reason they still had a chance to win....

Everyone here cries "it was the defense fault that Dallas was out the first game"... but what we witnessed in this Lions game is a QB who gave his chance to win when his defense and coach did everything possible to lose (and accomplished this). If you think Goff was the reason the Lions lost, you watched a different game.

Pentagruel

Reaction score

Not even close. Goff did all any QB could do. His receivers just dropped the ball on easily catchable balls. More importantly though, his coach utterly **** his pants every which way and then some to make his life impossible.

Campbell in particular should be tarred and feathered after this debacle. I can’t honestly think of a similar situation where a team was performing so well and a coach just torpedoed their chances singled handedly like that. Just incredible.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Man passing up 2 field goals, only to lose by 3. We would be all over McCarthy.
We have people who were mad at MM because he settled for 1 or more FGs, and others who were mad because he didn't.
It's like 6 of one or half dozen of the other. Actually it's just that hind sight is always 20/20.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We have people who were mad at MM because he settled for 1 or more FGs, and others who were mad because he didn't.
It's like 6 of one or half dozen of the other. Actually it's just that hind sight is always 20/20.
That is true, no one likes to settle for field goals, but at that spot in the game it changed the momentum and could have been a 3 score game.

HotDog37

Reaction score
The Lions are still the only team that’s been around during the 58 year SB era that’s never been to the SB.
The Detroit Lions are the new 1991 Dallas Cowboys - in terms of how they approach actually playing the game. They will be there again at the end of the year. We will not. We do not have the football acumen and proper structure to make it about football instead of a corporate theme park and the entire thing is run by two billionaire idiots.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Detroit Lions are the new 1991 Dallas Cowboys - in terms of how they approach actually playing the game. They will be there again at the end of the year. We will not. We do not have the football acumen and proper structure to make it about football instead of a corporate theme park and the entire thing is run by two billionaire idiots.
They wish they were the 91 Cowboys. They could be the 91 Lions who lost in the NFC title game. It might be another 32 years before they’re in this position again.

HotDog37

Reaction score
They wish they were the 91 Cowboys. They could be the 91 Lions who lost in the NFC title game. It might be another 32 years before they’re in this position again.
If nothing else and despite the HC in-game gaffs, they actually play football for the sake of trying to win.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Yeah why would anyone want to watch the best QB in the league?
I want to see Mahomes take out the 49ers. That will not be a yawner.
I don't care who they have playing on their team. Chiefs back to the SB...BORING. 49ers? Hate them AND they're boring. Yawn. San Fran is like the Texans of old, when they were offensively exciting, but I could just not stay awake for their games.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't care who they have playing on their team. Chiefs back to the SB...BORING. 49ers? Hate them AND they're boring. Yawn. San Fran is like the Texans of old, when they were offensively exciting, but I could just not stay awake for their games.
Well in that case, I would definitely advise you to not watch the SB this year.