FEATURED Conference Championship Game Thread

TheHerd

Reaction score
The Cowboys did it. They came up short for years to even get to the Championship game. After losing to the Browns and later the Packers twice and finally getting to the big game, they lost to the Colts in the Blunder Bowl. Came back the very next year and won. If you look at the first years of the SB, there was actually a decent series of teams losing one year and winning the next. Even the Colts lost to the Jets the year before beating us. We came back and beat Miami. The next year Miami won, and so on.
Teams kept all their players in those days. No cap and the players were essentially indentured servants for life. So you could count on learning and growing patiently

TheHerd

Reaction score
Another huge take away. Sometimes in big games, EVERYTHING seemingly will go against you. It's just the way the sport works. The 9'ers hung in there and got some breaks. I was so disappointed in our inability to show some resolve and bounce back vs GB.
And the biggest coaching choke job ever. Parcells and later Belichick famously said the key to comebacks is just let the other team do stupid things and choke and play defense.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's stunning how well the Lions executed in the first half compared to the second. Especially with the run game and defense excelling. Just stick to your game plan, control the clock, and limit the 49ers possessions. I feel for Lions fans. This one really hurts.
All they had to do was kick that 1st field goal.

Motorola

Reaction score
Go to Ravens and Lions fansites for their takes on how their teams performed.
Two in particular - both under SBNATION -
'Baltimore Beatdown' and 'Pride of Detroit''.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jared Goff wilted under pressure in the 2nd half. You could see he was rattled and his accuracy disappeared.

Campbell doesn't know how to manage a game, aggression is great but you have to know when to take the points

Lamar Jackson is what I thought he was a product of a great running game and good defense, he isn't winning big games with his arm