FEATURED Conference Championship Game Thread

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Not a good day for me so far, I picked Bal and SF to win today to meet in the Superbowl, but that's not the worst part of the day.....I'm one half of Football away from having to pay off a $1000 bet from 25 years ago that I agreed to in that the Cowboys would get back to a Superbowl before the Detroit Lions EVER do!!!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Not a good day for me so far, I picked Bal and SF to win today to meet in the Superbowl, but that's not the worst part of the day.....I'm one half of Football away from having to pay off a $1000 bet from 25 years ago that I agreed to in that the Cowboys would get back to a Superbowl before the Detroit Lions EVER do!!!
Dang the last Part is just crazy

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Plus an attitude of playing hard, poised, and smart - despite this being the first championship game for the vast majority of Detroit players.

Excellent points. The attitude, the drive, the edge. Eye of the Tiger. Well, eye of the Lion today.

rockj7

Reaction score
Shanahan getting outcoached. Remember, Shanahan was calling plays in the SB for Atlanta when they blew a 28-3 lead to you know who, Belichick
All due respect but you don't need to say you know who if your going to say the name of the person

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Watching teams like the Chiefs and Lions makes it seem like the Cowboys are so far behind the power curve. And to some degree that's a reality. The little things and attention to detail are so important.
yep....that's why i been saying they need a rebuild because they need across the board talent on OL, DL, LB, QB and RB....doling out big contracts to players now will only limit them and prolong this misery.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
yeah but you had the money all these years & you've used it to earn much more!!

no way to know back then.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If Purdy doesn't turn it around, he may have just lost $200M+.
His agent must be sweating BBs now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder #3

ALL COMMENTS REFERING TO DAK, BOTH IN POSTS AND WITHIN REPLIES IN POSTS, ARE BEING AUTO-DELETED AND RESULTING IN THREAD BENCHINGS.

STOP TALKING ABOUT DAK IN THIS NON-DAK THREAD.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
True, but they may have higher standard than just championship game appearances
Every team does but they've actually gotten to the big game a time or two there. At least they aren't losing games 99% of the pundits thought they'd win. Last year was bad luck with Purdy getting injured. Those things buy you time.