Confessions of Quirkiness

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you ever do something a little odd and wonder if you are the only one that thought of doing that or there are others that share your quirkiness?

What I did last night, got me to thinking about that and first off, want to know if I am the only one that does this and if so, get some of your little quirks out there to make me feel better about mine. Secrets are a terrible thing.

So, I am finishing dinner last night and cleaning up and start the garbage disposal to put the stuff down there and began to play "the monster game". Those pieces of uneaten food are not what they appear to be, they are aliens, creatures from the dark and invaders from another dimension and realm bent on taking mankind down and I must save the planet.

The ones that you have to spray really hard to get them to let go so you can get them to the "funnel of doom" are the fighters and the ones that hang onto the "funnel of doom" are the really scary ones, they will not go easily but one may be the "mastermind" so you have to let the disposal go a little longer than usual to make sure it meets it's demise.

You're not supposed to put pasta in a garbage disposal but the tentacles add another element of danger and they don't go down easily. Perhaps they know they're not supposed to go in there too?

And when I peel shrimp, that's not supposed to go in there either but the little legs are just too hard to resist. As well as making the sounds of them dying, I left that part out didn't I? And the maniacal laughter sometimes? That may rise above the level of just quirkiness but this is all about self amusement performing a mundane task.

OK, what are your quirks? C'mon now, we're all anonymous here, you can tell us. However, I may want to know where you live to make sure your not close by.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
In my house, there are communal things and then their are my personal things.

When it comes to my personal things, I have my personal communal things and I have my personal items. I have rules to anything that are "my things".
  • If it's one of my communal personal things. If you use it, you MUST put it back where it goes so I can find it when I need it. Like cooking things, etc. You can use my chargers, but you cannot move them. It must stay exactly where it is at all times. If you move it. I will kill you!
  • If it's not something I consider "communal" of my things. Don't ever touch it. I will KILL YOU! (my guitars, telescopes, ham radios, electronic test equipment, computer/laptops, my desk)

If I have several things to eat on my plate. I eat one at a time. So for ease, I will say I went to a hamburger meal with some nuggets (I don't really eat out much) I will say eat the fries first, then the nuggets, then the burger. Same thing with food on a plate.

That said, if I have rice and beans. They get mixed together. If I have mashed potatoes and say corn. They will get mixed together.

Finally, my mornings are like clockwork. Every morning everything happens every day and they happen in the same exact order. I never forget anything before I leave providing my morning process doesn't get disturbed. If you disrupt my morning and I forget something I needed to do or for work. I will kill you when I get home.

The best thing about all this is when I have to kill someone. They never cause me any more issues in the future. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Sometimes my inner monologue becomes my outer monologue wo knowing....tends to freak people out if they don't know me.

I open every bag of chips (cept popcorn due to the kernels) from the bottom bc that's where all the flavor is! ;) You're welcome :)

I like stale cooler ranch doritos and leave them out on purpose to let em harden.

I used to flip one cigarette in the pack to be my "lucky" or last one I smoked. Sure a lot more but those popped off the side of my head.

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I used to flip one cigarette in the pack to be my "lucky" or last one I smoked. Sure a lot more but those popped off the side of my head.

I smoked a many a years, but finally quit in Oct. 2000. I used to do the same thing (flipping the first smoke) early in my smoking, but that kind of died out over the years.

giphy.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My food can’t touch on my plate. The only thing allowed is macaroni with something fried. Otherwise, the macaroni(any pasta) goes into its own bowl.

I always dig for the burnt regular potato chips first, they are the best.

I love stale cereal to munch on at night, particularly corn pops and honeycomb.

I never mix two different foods in the same bite, that is just nasty unless they are meant to go together!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you ever do something a little odd and wonder if you are the only one that thought of doing that or there are others that share your quirkiness?

What I did last night, got me to thinking about that and first off, want to know if I am the only one that does this and if so, get some of your little quirks out there to make me feel better about mine. Secrets are a terrible thing.

So, I am finishing dinner last night and cleaning up and start the garbage disposal to put the stuff down there and began to play "the monster game". Those pieces of uneaten food are not what they appear to be, they are aliens, creatures from the dark and invaders from another dimension and realm bent on taking mankind down and I must save the planet.

The ones that you have to spray really hard to get them to let go so you can get them to the "funnel of doom" are the fighters and the ones that hang onto the "funnel of doom" are the really scary ones, they will not go easily but one may be the "mastermind" so you have to let the disposal go a little longer than usual to make sure it meets it's demise.

You're not supposed to put pasta in a garbage disposal but the tentacles add another element of danger and they don't go down easily. Perhaps they know they're not supposed to go in there too?

And when I peel shrimp, that's not supposed to go in there either but the little legs are just too hard to resist. As well as making the sounds of them dying, I left that part out didn't I? And the maniacal laughter sometimes? That may rise above the level of just quirkiness but this is all about self amusement performing a mundane task.

OK, what are your quirks? C'mon now, we're all anonymous here, you can tell us. However, I may want to know where you live to make sure your not close by.
That's not quirkiness, that's weirdness!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Whenever I read words on buildings or signs on stores, interstates or wherever, I group them in threes and see if they come out in a multiple of three. So, for example, if I see Sears and Roebuck, I segment it like Sea rsa ndR oeb uck. It has 15 words so there are three words for each grouping.

I've done this ever since I was a kid.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not quirkiness, that's weirdness!
Hmmmm, most of these posts are about how weird posters are about their food before it hits the disposal and I'm weird?

However, I do have a food quirk that used to drive my wife nuts and it has to do with being OCD. When I take a bite of food from a pile like potatoes or even a salad, I rearrange everything like it was before taking the next bite. If I croak while eating, the forensic people will say "well, he didn't eat the corn, it's still in a neat little pile".

KayJay1971

Reaction score
In my house, there are communal things and then their are my personal things.

When it comes to my personal things, I have my personal communal things and I have my personal items. I have rules to anything that are "my things".
  • If it's one of my communal personal things. If you use it, you MUST put it back where it goes so I can find it when I need it. Like cooking things, etc. You can use my chargers, but you cannot move them. It must stay exactly where it is at all times. If you move it. I will kill you!
  • If it's not something I consider "communal" of my things. Don't ever touch it. I will KILL YOU! (my guitars, telescopes, ham radios, electronic test equipment, computer/laptops, my desk)

If I have several things to eat on my plate. I eat one at a time. So for ease, I will say I went to a hamburger meal with some nuggets (I don't really eat out much) I will say eat the fries first, then the nuggets, then the burger. Same thing with food on a plate.

That said, if I have rice and beans. They get mixed together. If I have mashed potatoes and say corn. They will get mixed together.

Finally, my mornings are like clockwork. Every morning everything happens every day and they happen in the same exact order. I never forget anything before I leave providing my morning process doesn't get disturbed. If you disrupt my morning and I forget something I needed to do or for work. I will kill you when I get home.

The best thing about all this is when I have to kill someone. They never cause me any more issues in the future. :)
I am with you on the eating one food at a time. If I am having French Fries I will always eat those first because I hate cold fries. I take my lunch to work every day (leftovers) and never heat them up. Sometimes I eat things (chips, fries, etc.) according to size. Smallest to largest.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Count me in as someone who doesn't like to mix their food.

I drive my wife nuts because I need things like leafy salads w/ dressing and cream corn in their own bowls– NEVER on the same plate as the other food because of the likelihood of things running together.

I use to eat food, one type at a time, but haven't done that since I was a teenager.

I don't eat apple sauce or fruit salad or jello with stuff in it as part of the main meal– Those are desserts! They're sweet! They do not belong with your regular meal.

I prefer thinner slices of pizza (width wise) to thick slices– Because thinner slices taste better.

Don't gob up the main shelf of the refrigerator with all those items that are short (like cottage cheese containers & yogurt) which can go up on shelves that have less head room.

When the gas-tank in the car hits a 1/4 of a tank, I hit the gas station... I never allow the gas gauge to fall below a 1/4 of a tank.

Money is folded up in my money clip by denomination.... We never let money get put back in the money clip without it being sorted.

Boy... I could come up with dozens of goofy things I do. lol

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

I drive my wife nuts because I need things like leafy salads w/ dressing and cream corn in their own bowls– NEVER on the same plate as the other food because of the likelihood of things running together.

I use to eat food, one type at a time, but haven't done that since I was a teenager.

I don't eat apple sauce or fruit salad or jello with stuff in it as part of the main meal– Those are desserts! They're sweet! They do not belong with your regular meal.

I prefer thinner slices of pizza (width wise) to thick slices– Because thinner slices taste better.

Don't gob up the main shelf of the refrigerator with all those items that are short (like cottage cheese containers & yogurt) which can go up on shelves that have less head room.

When the gas-tank in the car hits a 1/4 of a tank, I hit the gas station... I never allow the gas gauge to fall below a 1/4 of a tank.

Money is folded up in my money clip by denomination.... We never let money get put back in the money clip without it being sorted.

You sound like me…….
I sort through my wallet often to make sure the bills are in order, from front to back 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s. etc

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I am with you on the eating one food at a time. If I am having French Fries I will always eat those first because I hate cold fries. I take my lunch to work every day (leftovers) and never heat them up. Sometimes I eat things (chips, fries, etc.) according to size. Smallest to largest.
With my highly developed skills of deduction. I'm guessing you don't take leftover fries for lunch? :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Got to have all the heads on the bills facing the same direction.