Congrats- Dak is currently 21st ranked in total qbr

InTheZone

Reaction score
Top 5 things used to deflect from Dak discussion.

1. Bring up he was a 4th rd pick
  2. Quote ancient stats from 2016 or combine 2016,17, and 18 stats. There’s absolutely no discussing 2018 stats on its own
  3. Lower the standards or move the goal posts. Ie. 200 yds was a good passing day
  4. Use the word agenda or troll
  5. Insinuate some sort of devious or evil racial component - “ the real reason you don’t like him”

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I bring you the truth.
Troof

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

It seems that the last couple of games has pushed Dak from 22nd to 21st, and I believe that if he keeps working hard and grinding that 20th is not out of the realm of possibility.

Keep up the good work and Go cowboys !

The problem with QB ratings for Dak is that I don't think any of them ding a guy for missing a wide open WR with clear sailing to the end zone any more than any other incompletion. So many easy points left on the field.

But by stats and eyeball, he clearly has improved this year. With no improvement on his part, his QBR could be a lot better if they just let him run.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The problem with QB ratings for Dak is that I don't think any of them ding a guy for missing a wide open WR with clear sailing to the end zone any more than any other incompletion. So many easy points left on the field.

But by stats and eyeball, he clearly has improved this year. With no improvement on his part, his QBR could be a lot better if they just let him run.
I’ll be honest w ya I’m not a 100% on board with just analyzing a player via stats cause they often lie or do not show the entire story.

Good fair and sound post brother! Merry Xmas

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
meet-the-fockers-wall-of-gaylord1.jpg

Didn't know they had an award for 20th place..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
People have asked me to ask the Dak dudes what is the “agenda” exactly
Loci it wasnt primarily directed at you brother, but ill give my thoughts.

When the detractors point out flaws they need to be consistent.
QBR is just the latest example. Despite him being amongst the elite in QBR his first two seasons it was NEVER brought up, not even by the biggest Dak stans and thats why so few knew that he was before this thread.

But as I said thats just the latest example.

Now all we hear about is Dak being turnover prone with his fumbles, which wasnt the case the last two years yet was never seen as a positive from the detractors. It's a no win.

Another example? They would ***** and ***** and ***** about not taking shots deep. All. The. Time. Now Dak takes shots deep downfield and completes them at a league average rate and now the only **** we hear is one or two throws a game where he misses Gallup a couple times throughout the entire game. WHAT DO THEY WANT!?!?! Do they want short passes or deep passes?

Then the best one is @eduncan making a thread complaining about the offense only scoring 3 points in the last three quarters of a game. The very next week he complains about the offense only scoring in the 3rd, 4th, and OT. Absolutely no consistancy what so ever.

There needs to be marks set on improvement and stop moving the goal posts.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Loci it wasnt primarily directed at you brother, but ill give my thoughts.

When the detractors point out flaws they need to be consistent.
QBR is just the latest example. Despite him being amongst the elite in QBR his first two seasons it was NEVER brought up, not even by the biggest Dak stans and thats why so few knew that he was before this thread.

But as I said thats just the latest example.

Now all we hear about is Dak being turnover prone with his fumbles, which wasnt the case the last two years yet was never seen as a positive from the detractors. It's a no win.

Another example? They would ***** and ***** and ***** about not taking shots deep. All. The. Time. Now Dak takes shots deep downfield and completes them at a league average rate and now the only **** we hear is one or two throws a game where he misses Gallup a couple times throughout the entire game. WHAT DO THEY WANT!?!?! Do they want short passes or deep passes?

Then the best one is @eduncan making a thread complaining about the offense only scoring 3 points in the last three quarters of a game. The very next week he complains about the offense only scoring in the 3rd, 4th, and OT. Absolutely no consistancy what so ever.

There needs to be marks set on improvement and stop moving the goal posts.
I see that a primary issue is that Dak supporters don’t like discussing his 2018 stats without referencing his 2016 or 2017.

I can empathize. It’s kinda like pointing out all the flaws now but not giving any credit for how he did in the past in that specific area. So for example, a good point would be although Dak was top 5 in qbr in 2016, he is currently ranked 21st in 2018.

As always, I can appreciate you taking the time and expressing yourself in a professional and courteous manner, if we all could do this, the Mods would be out if jobs lol

I can appreciate your stance and although I might not agree with everything I can certainly see that you are a reasonable poster. Merry Xmas to you brother! And Go cowboys!

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Team is built around this oline, zeke, and running the football. Daks role is not to sling it around but to compliment zeke by making key throws at key times and manage the game. And hes doing just that.....not sure why its expected that he be top ten slinger by some fans....maybe in a few years he can be.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Team is built around this oline, zeke, and running the football. Daks role is not to sling it around but to compliment zeke by making key throws at key times and manage the game. And hes doing just that.....not sure why its expected that he be top ten slinger by some fans....maybe in a few years he can be.
I can buy some of what you’re selling.

Vomit

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

It seems that the last couple of games has pushed Dak from 22nd to 21st, and I believe that if he keeps working hard and grinding that 20th is not out of the realm of possibility.

Keep up the good work and Go cowboys !

I’m rooting for him & the team. But he is what he is: a 4th round QB. His ratings show this and so does the “eye” test.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Eh, top 16 money anyway, but the postseason could obviously move that way up or way down.

But that's cool that you did understand what I said.:D

So 21mm or more for Dak? You'd be OK with that? By AAV that's where he'd be at the 16th best salary... Tied with Tom Brady.

The list of qbs who make a ton and the list of qbs whose contracts hurt their teams more than they help are both really big lists. The latter almost as large as the former. That should scare every Cowboy fan.