Congrats to Hitchens and Wilson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hitch isn’t in the top 10 paid inside LB’s right now and likely won’t be a top 15 by the time this off season is over. His contract is pretty much on par with his play on the field, if not a slight value at this point.

I’m not lamenting the loss of Hitch or anything, but somehow this board has no concept of how the market is constantly moving. What looks like an overpay at the time, often becomes a good deal because the market is constantly reset by new extensions
Oh I understand how the market is moving. That contract be for was a overpayment then and it’s still a overpayment now in 2020.

tm1119

Reaction score
Oh I understand how the market is moving. That contract be for was a overpayment then and it’s still a overpayment now in 2020.

So Hitchens isn’t a top 15 inside Lb? If
That’s your opinion you’re wrong. He’s paid very accordingly.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought that Dallas hit a home-run when they drafted both Hitch and Wilson. They had combined 8 tackles and 1 QB hit which is around 13% of the team's defensive tackles. Not too bad. I love Hitchens story out of college and how he acclimated to the NFL. I wanted both players signed but I understand that the LBer room would have been swollen with salary which would have been hard to swallow since the Boys stay in a nickel most of the game. The Boys need to draft in another stud at LBer.

I am happy for both of them. Congrats to Hitch and congrats to Wilson.

i am happy for both of them too

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So Hitchens isn’t a top 15 inside Lb? If
That’s your opinion you’re wrong. He’s paid very accordingly.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/06...amed-kansas-city-chiefs-worst-move-offseason/

A article without revisionist history or hindsight. Actually created when he got signed.

Hitchens’ average of $9 million per year makes him No. 6 overall (tied with Mark Barron of the L.A. Rams) right now at his position. It’s also fair to say that, until now, Hitchens would not be considered by anyone to be one of the NFL’s top 6 or even 10 (or even 20?) inside linebackers.

Nope. He's not a top 6 Inside Linebacker. Not at all.

tm1119

Reaction score
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/06...amed-kansas-city-chiefs-worst-move-offseason/

A article without revisionist history or hindsight. Actually created when he got signed.

Hitchens’ average of $9 million per year makes him No. 6 overall (tied with Mark Barron of the L.A. Rams) right now at his position. It’s also fair to say that, until now, Hitchens would not be considered by anyone to be one of the NFL’s top 6 or even 10 (or even 20?) inside linebackers.

Are you sure understand that the market is constantly moving? Because why would you quote an article from a year ago? He’s 11th in average annual salary...for now. Almost guaranteed he goes lower after this season. And that’s only the ILB list by the way. If you add in the 4-3 OLB’s Shaq, David, and Barr he’s really 15th at his position.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/inside-linebacker/

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you sure understand that the market is constantly moving? Because why would you quote an article from a year ago? He’s 11th in average annual salary...for now. Almost guaranteed he goes lower after this season. And that’s only the ILB list by the way. If you add in the 4-3 OLB’s Shaq, David, and Barr he’s really 15th at his position.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/inside-linebacker/
Because you are missing my point. My point was the Cowboys didn't pay for him because he was overpaid. What he's worth in 2020 is moot because he's a JAG. That's what my post is about. Its not about inflation or any of this you are trying to hang your hat on to. Fact is he was overpaid a year ago and he's still overpaid. The Cowboys could not afford to overpay him. You let guys like him walk. The Kyle Wilber's, Damien Wilson's, Jack Crawford's, etc. You re-sign your core guys. Hitchens was not a core guy. Never was and never will be.

And as soon as the Chiefs can cut him without taking a big cap hit they will cut him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Sweet.

An article from 2018...