Congrats to Hitchens and Wilson

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly. You want to reward homegrown talent, but there has to be some tough decisions made and kc made it easy. Weird narrative about “guys like him going on to win” tho, as he just rode the coattails of an incredible qb and offense. You could arguably plug any lb in the league into his spot and the results would likely be the same. That said, I am happy for him.

Maybe not signing him a year early at about 4M per was the mistake but only because they could use the extra money and picks used at LB on other positions...Not because Hitchens is a great player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many Cowboys 4th round picks were better than Hitchens? Not many...

Dak.

Barber short career.

Canty similar career to Hitchens.

Hitchens >> Brady James
Of course there is Dak Prescott, and I would say Bradie James was better than Hitchens.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
your choice, but you were snarky first. Dumb pissing contest. Not mine tho, so I’ll see myself out
You need to go back and reread because I only explained they were talking about players that played for Dallas and didn't remember the guy he mentioned playing for Dallas. No where in my comment I was snarky so you can carry that BS somewhere else.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hitchens was always underrated, but seems like a linebacker always has to go in the salary cap years. Can't blame these linebackers going for the highest offer. That first big contract is usually the last with as much damage as their bodies take at that position.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Smart dudes for seeing this freak show here in Dallas...and getting the hell out. Now they got a Super bowl ring for their troubles.
:rolleyes:
Funny how the narrative of players leave Dallas to die will continue.....:popcorn:
yep 2 others were ware and the TE guy who wound up in NE.
They were not good enough for jerry and his boy and JG, but KC did alright with them! lol.

exciter

Reaction score
Smart dudes for seeing this freak show here in Dallas...and getting the hell out. Now they got a Super bowl ring for their troubles. :rolleyes:

Funny how the narrative of players leave Dallas to die will continue.....:popcorn:
Lol! Hitch got a contract that paid well above his skillset and Dallas didn't even attempt to resign Wilson. What an idiotic comment!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’d take the solid but unspectacular Hitchens over spectacularly bad Jaylon any day, all day, and twice on Sundays.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep 2 others were ware and the TE guy who wound up in NE.
They were not good enough for jerry and his boy and JG, but KC did alright with them! lol.
Name one team that keeps every one of its players every year.

You are spouting a false narrative. Every team loses free agents every year, and some of those will end up on better teams and some worse teams. That's the nature of the NFL in the era of free agency and the salary cap. It's not just a Cowboy thing.

Look at others on the Cheifs ... Damian Williams started out as a Dolphin. Sammy Watkins was a Bill and a Ram. Mathieu was a Cardinal and Texan. Breeland was a Commander and a Packer. Frank Clark was a Seahawk. Ogbah was a Brown. Okafor was a Commander and a Saint.

That's how football goes, and it shows either a lack of knowledge, or an intent to promote a false narrative to ignore that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d take the solid but unspectacular Hitchens over spectacularly bad Jaylon any day, all day, and twice on Sundays.
This is a nonsense post. Admittedly Jaylon had less of an impact in 2019 than 2018, but he was still the 6th leading tackler in the NFL. I think the biggest problem is that he is miscast as a MLB when he is more of an OLB. Fighting through all the traffic in the interior is not his strength, and having room to run is.
It is not Jaylon who we have been wasting our time on. It is Sean Lee the mascot.
Lee is not a starter anymore, and the only reason Lee played a significant number of snaps this past season was because LVE got hurt. He was depth only and forced into action. The team would have been in a lot worse shape had he not been in that position.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is a nonsense post. Admittedly Jaylon had less of an impact in 2019 than 2018, but he was still the 6th leading tackler in the NFL. I think the biggest problem is that he is miscast as a MLB when he is more of an OLB. Fighting through all the traffic in the interior is not his strength, and having room to run is.

The fact you put stock in tackle totals is a reflection on you not me.

Again, tackle totals are to defensive player what passing yards are to a QB.

If you think you can just sort the totals from highest to lowest to determine how well a guy is supposedly playing I can’t help you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact you put stock in tackle totals is a reflection on you not me.
Are you unaware that tackles are what keep opposing ball carriers from continuing to run toward the goal line …?

I didn't say it was a tell all stat. Obviously there are other factors that matter. But if a guy is making that many tackles he isn't "spectacularly bad". In fact, it probably means he is having to cover for a number of other players who aren't carrying their share of the load in making tackles.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Are you unaware that tackles are what keep opposing ball carriers from continuing to run toward the goal line …?

I didn't say it was a tell all stat. Obviously there are other factors that matter. But if a guy is making that many tackles he isn't "spectacularly bad". In fact, it probably means he is having to cover for a number of other players who aren't carrying their share of the load in making tackles.

Tackles can be made by touching a guy down; being in the vicinity of a ball carrier as he runs out of bounds; 12 yards down the field; et cetera.

There’s a list longer than Schindler’s as to why the tackles statistic is bunk.

I posted some in another thread recently.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tackles can be made by touching a guy down; being in the vicinity of a ball carrier as he runs out of bounds; 12 yards down the field; et cetera.

There’s a list longer than Schindler’s as to why the tackles statistic is bunk.

I posted some in another thread recently.
Tackles can be made by ANY player by touching a guy down, so why doesn't every defensive player have 140+ tackles? Or are you under the impression that the NFL only allows Jaylon Smith to touch guys down?

And, again, I said tackles is not a stand alone stat, and that there are other factors that matter, but to have more tackles than all but 5 players in the entire NFL obviously suggests a lot more is going on than just touching a lot of guys down and only making tackles 12 yards downfield. It's laughable that you would suggest that is the only reason he had so many tackles.

At worst he was average to solid this season. To say he was "spectacularly bad" is a fabricated narrative. You appear to be one of those posters that can only see things in extremes - either great or horrible, with nothing in between - and that's almost never where reality lies. It's really more where the posters prone to melodrama and soap opera prefer to live.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Stop it. You guys didn’t even like Hitchens when he was here. He balled out his contract year and hasn’t been as good since.
If you think Brady James was better then you already lost the argument.