Congratulations to the Eagles

links18

Reaction score
The refs are often the reason teams lose according to their fanatics. Objectivity is not something many fans are capable of. It can’t possibly be that the other team is good too, lol.
So you can't be objective and still be a fan? I mean I guess there are varying degrees of objectivity, but I would like to think I am capable of some level of it while still being a fan?

Cydios

Reaction score
Yeah. Fortunately running time off and kicking FGs was all that was needed.
Yes! I know some were disappointed when Dak took a sack on the last play. That was smart versus before. In bounds, still in FG range no chance for imcompletion. Football 101.

Cydios

Reaction score
So you can't be objective and still be a fan? I mean I guess there are varying degrees of objectivity, but I would like to think I am capable of some level of it while still being a fan?
We had room to complain about the ref, but then we have to adjust by putting up more points to compensate refs screwups. Last night as an example.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Someone on here posted that the Eagles defense was one step up from garbage. He was right! :)
The great thing is that they really were not garbage, we just dominated them.
Reddick had 2 sacks, Carter had a scoop and score off a fumble, and Slay looked like the old Slay, but we overcame all of that and the game was still never really in question.
We ran the ball effectively which I was really happy to see, overcame some tough calls that set us back, gave up a score and we still dominated them. We moved the ball at will most of the night and had a great game plan.
They are not that bad, we were just that good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
no, they stalled a few on questionable calls. Luckily Dallas fought through that.
Again, for holding calls these refs laid off a lot of arm holds and jersey tugging by Philadelphia but Dallas took advantage of a lot of interferrence calls and face mask types of penalties. Dallas got benefits of a lot of fairness equalizing last night.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The great thing is that they really were not garbage, we just dominated them.
Reddick had 2 sacks, Carter had a scoop and score off a fumble, and Slay looked like the old Slay, but we overcame all of that and the game was still never really in question.
We ran the ball effectively which I was really happy to see, overcame some tough calls that set us back, gave up a score and we still dominated them. We moved the ball at will most of the night and had a great game plan.
They are not that bad, we were just that good.
This time, the Cowboys fought the real war......hoooooah!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone on here posted that the Eagles defense was one step up from garbage. He was right! :)
Even Stephen A. Smith said this morning. Philly D is horrible. They will be one and done in the playoffs the way they are playing now.

Creeper

Reaction score
The refs are often the reason teams lose according to their fanatics. Objectivity is not something many fans are capable of. It can’t possibly be that the other team is good too, lol.
True, but if I was an Eagles fan I would be scratching my head over the refs last night too. The threw and picked up 3 flags. And all appeared to be penalties called on the Cowboys. Picking up 1 flag is an oddity, but 3 in one game? After reviewing the 3 plays I didn't see any obvious penalties that might have drawn a flag but I do wonder why did a ref throw the flag in the first place - and why was it picked up?

I thought the officiating was really bad last night, but it seems to be like that in more games than not. The refs looked confused an panicky last night.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
No denying last night was a good win and a fan darling. I'm not going to get too far swept away...they are still a strong team and will get over a few losses and come back hungry. They have tasted some real success as have the Cowboys at this point. All focus from here on out will be towards playoff memories and deep seated drives. You go Cowboys!! :starspin: They have leaders at all stages from the field to coaching staff to win it all. No, Jerry can't up and cause this to derail...that is just the nature of the game itself.
This. Got some season left and the NFL (Not For Long) can easily follow. Let's take out the Bills and keep improving!!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Philly has to know they have a lot of warts. The NFC is very top heavy. SF/Philly/Dallas are at the top. Then there is Detroit. And the rest. Philly just got bodyslammed by SF and Dallas back to back weeks. I know the Eagles will cry they were schedule losses since both SF and Dallas were coming off Thursday games, thus having an extended rest. Boo hoo. Play better.

Their defense is paper tiger soft. Especially in the secondary. They were riding high all this time and got knocked to the ground to the reality. That they don't in fact own the NFC.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but if I was an Eagles fan I would be scratching my head over the refs last night too. The threw and picked up 3 flags. And all appeared to be penalties called on the Cowboys. Picking up 1 flag is an oddity, but 3 in one game? After reviewing the 3 plays I didn't see any obvious penalties that might have drawn a flag but I do wonder why did a ref throw the flag in the first place - and why was it picked up?

I thought the officiating was really bad last night, but it seems to be like that in more games than not. The refs looked confused a panicky last night.
For sure- The officiating in the NFL these days is not great. One reason for that is the NFL is overly intent on 100% accuracy of enforcement on every rule which is a joke since you could flag every play if you chose to.

The games in 60s-early 2000s were much less closely officiated. In other words, “they let ‘em play” and called only the most obvious of penalties. I would prefer that.

The other thing that’s way different is when they changed the rule about letting offensive players use their hands. Holding before that rule change was much easier to call. When I played football as a kid, you were taught to keep your hands closed during blocking or it could be called for holding.

Today’s rules not only allow hands, it’s taught. Therefore it’s much harder to distinguish a holding call. I’m glad the rule was changed allowing hands to be used, but it makes officiating harder. The rule was changed because the league wanted to cut down on blocking below the waist which caused tons on knee injuries.

Last point- my pet peeve is seeing some fans blame the refs for a loss or claiming the refs are trying to favor another team. Looking at the Gameday thread each week you think the officials are practically wearing the other team’s jerseys, lol. Even during last night’s game, constant complaining about the refs. The eagles had 10 penalties against them for nearly 100 yds. They didn’t lose because of the refs and we didn’t win because of it either.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, they stalled a few on questionable calls. Luckily Dallas fought through that.
Really was a strangely called game. Of course, Parsons seems to be penalized at times and excluded from getting noticed when he is held.

Creeper

Reaction score
For sure- The officiating in the NFL these days is not great. One reason for that is the NFL is overly intent on 100% accuracy of enforcement on every rule which is a joke since you could flag every play if you chose to.

The games in 60s-early 2000s were much less closely officiated. In other words, “they let ‘em play” and called only the most obvious of penalties. I would prefer that.

The other thing that’s way different is when they changed the rule about letting offensive players use their hands. Holding before that rule change was much easier to call. When I played football as a kid, you were taught to keep your hands closed during blocking or it could be called for holding.

Today’s rules not only allow hands, it’s taught. Therefore it’s much harder to distinguish a holding call. I’m glad the rule was changed allowing hands to be used, but it makes officiating harder. The rule was changed because the league wanted to cut down on blocking below the waist which caused tons on knee injuries.

Last point- my pet peeve is seeing some fans blame the refs for a loss or claiming the refs are trying to favor another team. Looking at the Gameday thread each week you think the officials are practically wearing the other team’s jerseys, lol. Even during last night’s game, constant complaining about the refs. The eagles had 10 penalties against them for nearly 100 yds. They didn’t lose because of the refs and we didn’t win because of it either.
Yes, of course, Eagles fans complaining about refs is a joke after some of the games they got from the refs. The Dolphins game alone should be enough to shut them up for the season.