Conner Williams is still fools gold

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After 3 pre-season games....the guy that everyone said was one of the most improved players during the off-season...put on more weight...better technique...more experience....bla bla bla

Still continues to suck the life out of this offense. More penalties...more blown assignments...more entitlement.

Frankly..as long as this guy is starting....we as an offense.. are gonna be inconsistant. He just kills drives w/ his penalties...and they always seem to happen during a big play.

Teams have figured out he's the weaklink in the line...and have targeted him. JJ Watt was killing him the 1st couple of series...when the Cowboys finally had to pull the plug...and move Filo to left G to combat the breakdowns.

Maybe the light will come on for this guy...but I'm not buying he's put on a bunch of weight...or got stronger.

Right now...we just can't afford to teach a guy on the run. Either he can handle the job...or not.

And as of now..He can't. :(

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After 3 pre-season games....the guy that everyone said was one of the most improved players during the off-season...put on more weight...better technique...more experience....bla bla bla

Still continues to suck the life out of this offense. More penalties...more blown assignments...more entitlement.

Frankly..as long as this guy is starting....we as an offense.. are gonna be inconsistant. He just kills drives w/ his penalties...and they always seem to happen during a big play.

Teams have figured out he's the weaklink in the line...and have targeted him. JJ Watt was killing him the 1st couple of series...when the Cowboys finally had to pull the plug...and move Filo to left G to combat the breakdowns.

Maybe the light will come on for this guy...but I'm not buying he's put on a bunch of weight...or got stronger.

Right now...we just can't afford to teach a guy on the run. Either he can handle the job...or not.

Do you really not get tired of people laughing at you?

You do have.a talent for coming up with nonsense.

Maybe you should wrote stories for TMZ.

Is the national enquirer still around?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Well you said Kellen Moore was the QB future of the Cowboys so your credibility has long been lost.

bandfan

Reaction score

Gotta be an aggy....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm inclined to cut Connor Williams some slack, until such time as he gets his game together as it befits a journeyman.

He'll only get better. I was very surprised to notice the great difference that he's achieved in his physical build recently.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
i dont see him getting bullrushed like last year
watt beat him and tfred and lots of other people
hopefully cwilliams keep getting better as he is only in the beginning of his second year

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i dont see him getting bullrushed like last year
watt beat him and tfred and lots of other people
hopefully cwilliams keep getting better as he is only in the beginning of his second year

True. I'm inclined to see him in the same light. He's still a bit green but he'll improve plenty, given a little time to develop his game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He looks better to me and stronger. He’s not Zack Martin but IMO he’s gone past Su’a Filo. And a health JJ Watt is gonna cause anybody fits.

It wasn't just JJ Watt though. In the Rams game, he got thrown to the ground like a ragdoll on Pollard's TD run. Pollard breaking that same lineman's tackle enabled him to score instead of being stopped short because of Williams. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt once the season starts for real but no one has more excuses made for him than Connor Williams. Dude is untouchable. The Teflon Con(nor) is what I call him.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Williams is University of Texas soft.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
We are repeatedly warned not to get too excited about preseason performances and anoint a player with our high expectations. Shouldn't the same hold true if we think a player may be underperforming, should we not be so quick to label him a bust or in this case fools gold, or does that only apply when the news is positive:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We keep drafting off-lineman with high picks instead of coaching low picks to starters as most NFL teams do. This policy has gotten us 0 Superbowls and is our biggest cap and pick consumption!
When we learn that Play-makers and Defense win games not off-lineman.....
Jerry football 101 ....

superonyx

Reaction score
We are repeatedly warned not to get too excited about preseason performances and anoint a player with our high expectations. Shouldn't the same hold true if we think a player may be underperforming, should we not be so quick to label him a bust or in this case fools gold, or does that only apply when the news is positive:laugh:
When a starter over performs against a backup level player we pump the brakes. When a starter gets thrown around by a backup level player we should be concerned.

Especially when the starter was our weakest link last season and looks to be the same this season.

The good thing for Connor is we fans don't get a vote. He will start week 1 and will get to prove himself.