Conner Williams is still fools gold

HungryLion

Reaction score
Laughing @ everyone that still think JJ Watt is a great player..Everyone can have an opinion...but don't be shocked he ends up on the bench just like he did last year.

Second in the league in sacks.

Second.

I mean he is no John Abraham. But he was still one of the best pass rushers in the league last year.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All 3 1st rounders have been considered at r near the best when healthy. But Frederick didn’t play, remember? And Smiths back is always an issue. You can’t coach health.

On the flip side, Leary and Looney weren’t top draft picks, yet they did well in Dallas. And the Cowboys received a lot of grief for overvaluing Frederick when they drafted him, yet he became one of the best, if not the best, centers in the game.
Leary did. Looney was below average as a starter last year. Whatever excuse you want to give the coaching staff thats fine. The eagles lost key players and still made a deep playoff run. The cowboys dont coach up anyone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leary did. Looney was below average as a starter last year. Whatever excuse you want to give the coaching staff thats fine. The eagles lost key players and still made a deep playoff run. The cowboys dont coach up anyone.
Looney wasn’t supposed to be a top starter. He was a backup that performed admirably when unexpectedly being called on to start.

There is no excuse being made, because there is nothing to excuse. There have been no great failures of the O-Linemen drafted in recent years. That’s just a fabricated complaint. When healthy the O-Line is widely considered among the best in football.

waldoputty

Reaction score

looney was not a draft pick. he came to the cowboys after playing for sf and probably tampa bay. i think he spent 2 years at dallas and 4 years else where. and he came as a very cheap vet, so they made it work with a cheap fa.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Not sure why he isn't getting looks at RT. But yeah Watt was killing everyone lol.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I still think they need to move him to RT he just ain’t a guard. Where is the 3rd round pick? Between Fox and DirecTV fighting and stuff going on I’ve had a hard time keeping up with preseason games. I was hoping McGovern would be the starter at LG.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he’s right about the penalties - I’ve seen two key penalties in five drives this preseason and both were killers. Stronger or not, the mental mistakes simply CANNOT carry over into the season. They’re drive killers.

Vs Rams:
  • 1st & 10 at LAR 28
    (7:17 - 1st) D.Prescott pass short middle to T.Pollard to LA 20 for 8 yards (D.Williams). PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at LA 28 - No Play.
Vs Houston:
  • 2nd & 8 at HOU 21
    (4:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) C.Rush pass short middle to M.Gallup for 21 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HST 21 - No Play.

I think these are two bad examples. The first was a timing issue on the play, not the lineman's fault.

The second was a phantom call. You can go back and look at it, that wasn't holding by any stretch. But the referee who threw the flag threw a bunch of them on a bunch of players and has a reputation for being 'flag happy'.

I'm not making excuses for Williams, I'm pointing out the reality behind both of those calls.

Polkton31

Reaction score
I still think they need to move him to RT he just ain’t a guard. Where is the 3rd round pick? Between Fox and DirecTV fighting and stuff going on I’ve had a hard time keeping up with preseason games. I was hoping McGovern would be the starter at LG.

McGovern strained his pectoral in TC. He is still nursing it back to health. The last I heard, he is close to returning to practice.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not many Guards played better against Aaron Donald...

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Laughing @ everyone that still think JJ Watt is a great player..Everyone can have an opinion...but don't be shocked he ends up on the bench just like he did last year.
Watt had 16 sacks last season. Pretty sure he's still a great player. I would trade anybody on our DL for him right now, including Tank.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there no limit to how ridiculous you are willing to look? In 2018 JJ Watt started all 16 games, and was 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
how serious should a thread be taken if OP can't even bother to spell the player's name correctly?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he’s right about the penalties - I’ve seen two key penalties in five drives this preseason and both were killers. Stronger or not, the mental mistakes simply CANNOT carry over into the season. They’re drive killers.

Vs Rams:
  • 1st & 10 at LAR 28
    (7:17 - 1st) D.Prescott pass short middle to T.Pollard to LA 20 for 8 yards (D.Williams). PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at LA 28 - No Play.
Vs Houston:
  • 2nd & 8 at HOU 21
    (4:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) C.Rush pass short middle to M.Gallup for 21 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HST 21 - No Play.

The penalties in the Texans game were absurd.

The refs were intent to call penalties on the OL. They started out calling them on both teams but once the Cowboys started scoring and the Texans didn't, they just called them on the Cowboys.

They called 3 on the Texans in their first 2 drives but then no more on their offense.

Penalties on the Cowboys:
2 on defense
1 on Witten that nullified a possible TD (I think that would be ruled a TD on replay).
1 on a WR
9 on OLinemen

2nd & 8 at HOU 21
Williams touched the outside of the DL's shoulder pads for a split second.

1st & 10 at LAR 28
C.Williams was reaching for an open field block on a defender when another defender ran between Williams outstretched arms and the other defender.

I'll be shocked if this exact type of play happens to him again in his career.

Connor Williams has things he needs to improve, but those 2 penalties are not worth him or the Cowboys worrying about.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't mistake Floaty for a fan. If you could see him, this is what he looks like.

girl-troll-in-sack-ny-form-trolls.jpg
:lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is there no limit to how ridiculous you are willing to look? In 2018 JJ Watt started all 16 games, and was 2nd in the NFL in sacks.
He must be trolling. No one is stupid enough to laugh at people who think JJ Watt is still a great player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Leary did. Looney was below average as a starter last year. The cowboys dont coach up anyone.

I disagree. Looney was really good and should be a starter in this league.

There is a lot of really bad NFL lineman in this league starting and Looney could easily start and be a quality center / guard for a team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He must be trolling. No one is stupid enough to laugh at people who think JJ Watt is still a great player.

Everything he ever posts is trolling. I've yet to see a single attempt from him at fair minded discussion looking at pros and cons.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I disagree. Looney was really good and should be a starter in this league.

There is a lot of really bad NFL lineman in this league starting and Looney could easily start and be a quality center / guard for a team.
He was graded 32nd out of 38 centers last year. come on man i get it we like the guy personally but let's not let that be blind to his actual ability.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was graded 32nd out of 38 centers last year. come on man i get it we like the guy personally but let's not let that be blind to his actual ability.

I didn't watch the 31 other lineman but I watched him and I don't know who is doing the "grading" but good luck finding video of Looney being a below average center.

Connor Williams being a get in the way blocker and not a mover was a weakness along with La'el not knowing who to block when defenses throw stunts and blitzes.

Looney was rock solid.

shabazz

Reaction score
Do you really not get tired of people laughing at you?

You do have.a talent for coming up with nonsense.

Maybe you should wrote stories for TMZ.

Is the national enquirer still around?

Unfortunately we have come to the time where the Enquirer is more factual than CNN and the New York Times