Connor McGovern is terrible

conner01

Reaction score
MCGovern is average at guard. I’m hoping he’s much better at snapping the ball this year so he can be the swing or at least be an option at swing. He’s not a bad backup since you aren’t often gonna have a starter quality guy at backup

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
MCGovern is average at guard. I’m hoping he’s much better at snapping the ball this year so he can be the swing or at least be an option at swing. He’s not a bad backup since you aren’t often gonna have a starter quality guy at backup
He is willing to play FB at the goal line and short yardage.
Just go jumbo at GL and hand him the ball.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Many teams struggle to find two starting-caliber Gs to send out there every week. I have to imagine when it comes to backups McGovern is near the top of the list at G. If he were a free agent he probably gets actual looks from teams at starting.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You think Dallas was 5-12 instead of 12-5 with all these terrible players on the roster.
I kind of see the point you are making

But when we were no match for the 49ers in the playoffs, who were not the best team in there division
We were beaten by the AFC West (other than the Chargers)
And we dominated a terrible NFC East

So the question is, not if we are better than the NFC East, but are we better than we were last year? Because last year we did not win a playoff game and if the goal is to get better every year, being 12 - 5 means nothing, because that 12 - 5 team was not good enough.

John813

Reaction score
He was fine filling in for Martin in 2020.

Unfortunately he seems to be a RG only, limiting his "flexibility" to back up both spots competently.