Connor Williams is the weakest link on the OL

waving monkey

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken this is year 5 for williams. We've been extremely patient. It's time to move on.
Connor Williams gives them movement that they [coaches] use in second level blocking. There is a trade off. When he gets over whelmed by superior power thats the trade. all teams have weak spots in their offensive line. he has a 4 year contract

rambo2

Reaction score
Connor Williams played tonight exactly the same way he's played since coming here. I don't know how people can defend him but they do. If he's not getting pushed around he's committing a drive killing penalty. But he's a good player according to some, just like Brandon Carr was. The same people probably think Zuerline is good at kicking extra points...
Is that about 100 posts about Connor Williams from you? Seriously, enough already. I think that we know your opinion.

coult44

Reaction score
This dude is by far the weakest link on the OL. He’s too light in the rear end and gets pushed around way too much.Has a lot of holding calls. I just don’t get why they don’t start Connor McGovern over him.

Take everything you said about Connor, multiply it by 100, and you have Biadaz. Connor looks like a pro bowler compared to biadaz

J_Allen

Reaction score
Is that about 100 posts about Connor Williams from you? Seriously, enough already. I think that we know your opinion.

Yeah he's just not good. Gets pushed around and commits penalties.

Verdict

Reaction score
This dude is by far the weakest link on the OL. He’s too light in the rear end and gets pushed around way too much.Has a lot of holding calls. I just don’t get why they don’t start Connor McGovern over him.
CW and the center are both by far the weakest links on this OL. BY FAR.

Verdict

Reaction score
Connor Williams played tonight exactly the same way he's played since coming here. I don't know how people can defend him but they do. If he's not getting pushed around he's committing a drive killing penalty. But he's a good player according to some, just like Brandon Carr was. The same people probably think Zuerline is good at kicking extra points...
CW is a marginal starter. Better backup.

Verdict

Reaction score
Wasn’t the strip/sack/TD by the Eagles on CW and the center?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Only if you use a whole lot of confirmation bias and/or have o clue what you are looking at.

He struggled at times this game. It's not like the Eagles interior DL sucks. He has been very good the previous games.

People that freak out over Biadasz are not justified either. When the 1T slants into his snap hand it always causes the C problems. Would you like to see more anchor? sure but he hardly sucks either.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Doubt it
Philbin knows a kid in line his 7th game against guys like Vea and hargrave are gonna struggle
Both those guys push the top centers around
Vea pushed one of the best centers in the league around Sunday

You are talking to people that have no real idea of the schemes techniques and strategies OL and DL use

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Go back and watch the film. Conner Williams was blocking air both times Haegrave dominated Biadasz. For some reason Conner Williams was concerned with helping Tyron Smith? Either Williams is stupid or he was coached poorly for this game. The help should have went toward Biadasz.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Only if you use a whole lot of confirmation bias and/or have o clue what you are looking at.

He struggled at times this game. It's not like the Eagles interior DL sucks. He has been very good the previous games.

People that freak out over Biadasz are not justified either. When the 1T slants into his snap hand it always causes the C problems. Would you like to see more anchor? sure but he hardly sucks either.
Bro, did you ever play Center?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
A bad game against Vea is expected... he is going to make a LOT of guards look bad this year. Other than Donald, I don't know if there is a more difficult DT matchup in football.

But losing to Hargrave is more worrisome... Hargrave isn't chopped liver, but he isn't someone a good guard should be drawing 3x holding calls against.