Connor Williams leads the NFL in penalties

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php?year=2021&view=total

- 7 total penalties, tied with Alex Leatherwood for most in the NFL.

- 6 holding penalties is #1 in the NFL. Nobody else has more than 4.

- 75 penalty yards is 3rd highest in the NFL. The rest of the top 6 are all DBs.

- He's already surpassed his penalty totals from the previous three seasons (2018 - 6, 2019 - 5, 2020 - 5, 2021 - 7).

This cannot continue. It will bite us in the arse in the playoffs.
I believe Williams could be one of the elite (HA-HA) O-Line men if they tied both his hands behind his back and was told to use his head before each snap because at the rate he's going what else can they teach this guy that they haven't already shown him. This dude's mug must be pinned up in every locker room with the caption over his head reading, " THE WEAKEST LINK"............................

tunahelper

Reaction score

- 75 penalty yards is 3rd highest in the NFL. The rest of the top 6 are all DBs.

- He's already surpassed his penalty totals from the previous three seasons (2018 - 6, 2019 - 5, 2020 - 5, 2021 - 7).

Whenever he is driven backwards by a school yard bully he has to grab a jersey to prevent Dak from being sacked. Besides his PFF grades are superlative and he can box jump like a human frog.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The weak link

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
He’s terrible. Said this already a few games back and got roasted for it. Got reminded the coaches know more than me. Lol. All the focus was on Biadasz at center. Although I agree he too needs improvement, Connor Williams is still the weakest link on the O-Line. My opinion hasn’t changed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I really don't understand why the team sticks with him when it has McGovern. Maybe he won't be any better, but it has to be worth a try.

My take on Williams remains the same as it has for the past few years: He's a starter, but one of those you should always be looking to upgrade. We possibly have an upgrade, but are sticking with the known over the unknown even though the known clearly can be upgraded.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I was saying before the Center was the weak link but now its looking like Conner is killing the momentum and the Center still has room to grow. Rather than change both positions, we could address the LG with McGovern or put Collins in there. I wonder if Steele can play some LG if we put Collins back at RT? I mean Collins body type is huge so he seems more fitting to man in the interior.

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Whatever McGovern's shortcomings are, can they be any worse than Williams? Give the guy a shot.

terra

Reaction score
In a VERY slight defense of Williams are any of those penalties bogus?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know he grabs somebody with his arm behind his back at one point. I don’t know why the center didn’t pick up that guy. His defense I think he was blocking more people at once

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was blocking two people at once at some point. I’m not sure all of it was his fault. Try not to get Prescott killed

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

And some have been declined. Hope the staff moves Collins to LG. Steele has earned the right to keep rt

Zordon

Reaction score
If you're going to ask that question, then you have to access that for everyone else on that list.