Connor Williams Looks Bigger

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We've seen Connor hold his own against better than Crawford.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, but Alcron is very good at removing carpet stains. Lets lay off Alcron, OK?

I'm attempting to convince our fans do that, myself! Welcome to my agenda! Working together, maybe we can correct this thing! ;)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
saw a video on youtube of the teams account and he looks alot bigger. hes not that small OL we saw as a rookie. And it looks like he has improved alot on the strength side. IN the clip they showed he was going up against Crawford and he manhandled him. And Crawford is considered a strong guy. This is encouraging for me.
That’s because he is bigger.

plasticman

Reaction score
Some players get drafted low because they are said to have potential. What that possibly means is that their ability was not maximized at the college level. However, the pro team believes it has the ability to raise his performance level through some intangible such as coaching or even team leadership.

Tyron Smith and Zack Martin have held themselves, as well as their teammates on the line, to a high standard. When you are playing and practicing around these guys I am sure it can be inspiring. There is also pride and a competitive spirit. Nobody wants to be the weakest link on the line. This is what leadership does.

Many fans don't understand that there is the potential for Connor to improve through many seasons so long as he puts in the work.....and it is obvious, he has put in the work.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Some players get drafted low because they are said to have potential. What that possibly means is that their ability was not maximized at the college level. However, the pro team believes it has the ability to raise his performance level through some intangible such as coaching or even team leadership.

Tyron Smith and Zack Martin have held themselves, as well as their teammates on the line, to a high standard. When you are playing and practicing around these guys I am sure it can be inspiring. There is also pride and a competitive spirit. Nobody wants to be the weakest link on the line. This is what leadership does.

Many fans don't understand that there is the potential for Connor to improve through many seasons so long as he puts in the work.....and it is obvious, he has put in the work.

Many people don't realize these are 21 and 22 year old kids coming into the league. The are are thrown up against men who have matured into a bigger more natural body weight as they aged.

That is why you see many lineman drafted in the later rounds end up having pro bowl careers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to look. Scouting reports all had Williams at 320. He is listed on team website at 298. Weight is redistributed? I always thought his issue was strength not size. He was a T for most of college so he is an impressive athlete for a big man. That athleticism helped him compete with quick DTs. Big powerful guys would routinely push him around. Strength was/is his issue. Until I see it I think the guy should be back at T. He has some competition right now so he’ll have to earn it.

Connor Williams
Combine
6-5, 296

InTheZone

Reaction score
heard this exact same thing, probably word for word minus the crawford part, last year. Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of an olineman manhandling crawford, also remember some backups for the Giants doing this to him years ago.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do people claim Williams lacks strength? It's never been true.

There is a difference in power and strength.

Power is a combination of strength and size.

He has appeared to have very good strength.

He lacked power as a rookie.

Even when he lacked weight, he showed decent power on some goal line plays because with the correct leverage it's like a chair under a door handle.
- The chair does not have to be big, it just needs to be at a good angle between the floor and the door handle.

The issue was with regards to reaching outside of his body area or any off-balance blocking attempts.
- Tyron can reach out and not have perfect balance but still have excellent power.
- Lightweight OLinemen need to be balanced and positioned directly in front of defenders in order to play with power.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Had we retained o-line coach frank pollard, Williams would be much further along. But frank was inexplicably released and the incompetent paul alexander was brought here to coach the o-line. Giant step backwards. Then colombo got the job, but he was just a rookie coach. The line will improve with pgilbin as coach.
Another great hire but the legendary Jason Garrett

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
saw a video on youtube of the teams account and he looks alot bigger. hes not that small OL we saw as a rookie. And it looks like he has improved alot on the strength side. IN the clip they showed he was going up against Crawford and he manhandled him. And Crawford is considered a strong guy. This is encouraging for me.
Wow he does. Looks just like Tyron Smith actually. Did they switch numbers?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
There is a difference in power and strength.

Power is a combination of strength and size.

He has appeared to have very good strength.

He lacked power as a rookie.

Even when he lacked weight, he showed decent power on some goal line plays because with the correct leverage it's like a chair under a door handle.
- The chair does not have to be big, it just needs to be at a good angle between the floor and the door handle.

The issue was with regards to reaching outside of his body area or any off-balance blocking attempts.
- Tyron can reach out and not have perfect balance but still have excellent power.
- Lightweight OLinemen need to be balanced and positioned directly in front of defenders in order to play with power.

Hahah bro stop lying

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think so. Certainly stronger.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Sucks is a little harsh but injuries (4 knee surgeries in the last 3 years) hasn't helped his case of him trying to prove he's a long term starter for us. I personally wasn't impressed by his draft hype/profile to be honest

His draft profile was literally "amazing freshmen year, sophomore slump, and injured junior year. IF has can stay healthy and IF he can switch positions and IF he can return to his freshman form he should be a good pickup"

I know nothing is guranteed in the draft but that's ALOT of "ifs" for a fringe top 50 pick.......
Knee and joint injuries can't really be "strength and conditioned" away. No way to stop meniscus tears, ligament tears, ligament sprains. If anything just means he is unlucky.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Given the fact that he's has 4 knee surgeries in the last 3 years yeah of course he would take a value deal if offered right now, he's the complete opposite of someone you throw even mid tier money at now so of course he'd take the the deal (he's an injury prone player that's closer to a legit backup than a legit starter)

knee braces should be mandatory in camp/practice.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude sucks and is propped up due to him being a Texas alumni. Issac Alcron should be getting reps at LG and chance to compete. Dude is bigger, stronger and more athletic and will bring the running game to elite level.

Connor needs to be moved to swing tackle.
So, the high level of competition at the Monterrey Institute of Technolgy has you convinced Alarcon is ready to start in the NFL? And at OG where he doesn’t have experience?

I’m curious about the loyalty you think Jerry and McCarthy have For UT. Where does that come from?