Connor Williams Looks Bigger

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know if we can say that. It took Collins a few years to really hit his stride, especially after a position switch. Williams was a college LT being switched to pro LG. He stayed on the same side, but went from a position where he faced smaller guys with speed to one where he's facing big guys with power and sometimes speed to go with it.

That's true, imo. Perhaps Williams is and has been, a work in progress! Let's hope it's to be happily proven in the games to come! ;)

Last edited:

Techsass

Reaction score
Had we retained o-line coach frank pollard, Williams would be much further along. But frank was inexplicably released and the incompetent paul alexander was brought here to coach the o-line. Giant step backwards. Then colombo got the job, but he was just a rookie coach. The line will improve with pgilbin as coach.
That was such a weird idea they had in switching OLine coaches. I wonder what they were trying to accomplish. Whatever it was didn't work out as planned.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
So, the high level of competition at the Monterrey Institute of Technolgy has you convinced Alarcon is ready to start in the NFL? And at OG where he doesn’t have experience?

I’m curious about the loyalty you think Jerry and McCarthy have For UT. Where does that come from?

Yea he is naturally stronger and more athletic than C.W. could ever imagine. It’s not like Williams was facing SEC level competition every game, the only reason he is on the roster is because he is a Texas Alumni. I just want competition and it won’t hurt to give Issac reps with 1st stringer and see how he does. If he competes and win then it’s no biggie, Williams moves to his natural position of a swing tackle.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
saw a video on youtube of the teams account and he looks alot bigger. hes not that small OL we saw as a rookie. And it looks like he has improved alot on the strength side. IN the clip they showed he was going up against Crawford and he manhandled him. And Crawford is considered a strong guy. This is encouraging for me.

He cries well......beyond that gets thrown around like a play-doll.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I seen multiple reports as well, on video clips. You can find them on you tube, probably the DC.com site as well.
All good reports on Williams.
But trying to convince the usuals on here, even with proof will be hard to do. :laugh:
The number of big plays negated by a CW holding penalty will help set the bar as far as supporters and detractors go. I seem to recall at least 2 Cobb TD’s called back because of him. Some other big gains called back as well. Has anyone checked to see if he’s related to Pozderac???

Rayman70

Reaction score
actually, I like Isaac Alcron to keep and develop. He has the body/frame you want. TO me, he is a right tackle. A nice swing tackle maybe for the future. We have nothing to lose whatsoever BY KEEPING HIM. Connor better be bigger and stronger this year, I know that much. MM will likely use his skillset and athletism. Connor is better in space,pulling type of plays. He is not a great man on man run blocker. He is a finesse, athletic type.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we are expecting Williams to suddenly be a great dominant blocker, we are fooling ourselves. He actually doesn't need to be I guess. When you look at this new scheme, he fits better. I expect we will fling the rock all over the place and MAYBE he can be used on traps,pulling etc. As we all have seen, last thing we want is to have him block a good DLINEMAN MAN ON MAN HEAD TO HEAD. He isn't awful, but he isn't dominant either. Up and down. Inconsistent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The number of big plays negated by a CW holding penalty will help set the bar as far as supporters and detractors go. I seem to recall at least 2 Cobb TD’s called back because of him. Some other big gains called back as well. Has anyone checked to see if he’s related to Pozderac???

Could be related to Witten as well then. :laugh: