Twitter: Connor Williams not expected back

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Another 2nd Round gem. Dude had more excuses made for him around here than any other I can remember.
Played out of position as he didn’t have proper strength for guard.Will probably go somewhere else and play his natural position of tackle and do ok even w/ the shorter arms( which is why Dallas didn’t play him at tackle.)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rebuild is coming. Heard MM talk about how important continuity is with the OL. Both Tyron/Collins have struggled badly with availability. Tyron isn't on the chopping block yet cause there isn't a viable replacement on the roster yet.

not going to cut our LT.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

This is not what Fisher said... If Im correct, he said a trade NOW would essentially do nothing for cap this year. But if you cut or trade him, I believe after June 1st, it save like 13 million this year. Some cap guru tell me if IM wrong.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Let me help you since you seem to be confused. Per a July 2020 article, Nelson has been rated as the top lineman by his peers two years in a row. Not just best G but best offensive lineman.
"Colts' All-Pro OG Quenton Nelson Ranked 33rd on the 'NFL Top 100' Ahead of the 2020 Season. It marks a consecutive season in which Nelson was ranked the league's best offensive lineman overall." In the rankings prior to the 2021 season, he was ranked #13. So, according to his peers he is getting better, not worse.

Secondly, this is the definition of All Pro. "An All-Pro in football is a label given to a player who is the best player at their position for that season, regardless if they are in the AFC or NFC." Which is exactly why I said that if QN played RG Martin would have no shot at getting first team All-Pro. Which is the only designation that actually makes a player All-Pro.

As for health, QN has played 16 games every year except last year. Last year, he clearly didn't pay at his best & thus was not named first team All Pro. Which is how things should work.
You literally typed a bunch of nothing ? (I don't think your comprehending what is being posted).

- I said Nelson regressed in the 2020 and 2021 season and then you post an article dated before the 2020 season start date...... (Uh okay ? That changes nothing I said). I know he was amazing in 18 or 19, my point was he regressed in every single metric the following 2 years yet you're claiming Martin is the one living off past achievements which is ironic

- Your original quote said "Martin would have no shot at pro bowl" which isn't true. Nelson plays in the opposite conference. Even if you had meant all pro that wouldn't of changed much, at worst Martins 2019 selection would of changed to 2nd team and his 4 other 1st teams along with his 2x 2nd teams would of stayed exactly the same

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Could be, but we'll have to see how Ball develops. I'd prefer they give it a year before investing highly in a replacement for Smith. If we're letting Collins go, though, I don't know if we want to absolutely count on Ball being the swing tackle for Smith and Steele. I guess we could get a cheap vet for that role.

Guard becomes the biggest concern because the starting spot comes down to McGovern or Farniok with Williams leaving and us either trading or cutting Collins (who probably wasn't being considered for it anyway). It definitely becomes an early draft priority. I was hoping that we'd move Collins there so we could spend the first-rounder on continuing to bolster the defense. Frankly, I'd be OK with cutting Collins and using the savings to bring in a top-notch vet guard, so we are not just treading water, but the Joneses sadly won't do that.
Guard has always been our top need. We don’t get much savings from Collins unless a June 1st cut. If they find a viable left tackle, Tyron could be next in 2023, although he isn’t like Collins with all the off the field drama

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You literally typed a bunch of nothing ? (I don't think your comprehending what is being posted).

- I said Nelson regressed in the 2020 and 2021 season and then you post an article dated before the 2020 season start date...... (Uh okay ? That changes nothing I said). I know he was amazing in 18 or 19, my point was he regressed in every single metric the following 2 years yet you're claiming Martin is the one living off past achievements which is ironic

I can't make it any simpler than to show you that QN has consistently been rated the top offensive lineman in the game by his peers. I also said that prior to the 2021 season he was ranked 13th overall which is unreal for a G. The people who play against him clearly do not think he is regressing. ZM's highest ever ranking was 34 (I believe) & before the 2021 season was 85. He is the one who is clearly regressing.

- Your original quote said "Martin would have no shot at pro bowl" which isn't true. Nelson plays in the opposite conference. Even if you had meant all pro that wouldn't of changed much, at worst Martins 2019 selection would of changed to 2nd team and his 4 other 1st teams along with his 2x 2nd teams would of stayed exactly the same

In one sentence I said Pro Bowl. Yes, that was a mistake. Everywhere else I have made it clear that I was referring to All Pro designation. It makes a huge difference. There can only be one All Pro at each position. QN entered the league in 2018 & If QN played RG he would have been the All Pro at RG in each of the years from 2018 thru 2020. Fortunately for Zach, they play different positions.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
In one sentence I said Pro Bowl. Yes, that was a mistake. Everywhere else I have made it clear that I was referring to All Pro designation. It makes a huge difference. There can only be one All Pro at each position. QN entered the league in 2018 & If QN played RG he would have been the All Pro at RG in each of the years from 2018 thru 2020. Fortunately for Zach, they play different positions.
ZM is the best guard in football, left or right.Don’t care what any stats say or don’t say.I let the eye test be my judge.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft and G/C 1st day and add another OL mid draft. See who is on the street that can be brought in on a short deal for depth. Sounds like someone outside of the Owner's Suite has been given some influence.
Cooper is gone and that opens the door for a WR in the 1st. I would not be surprised to see them even trade up for one.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Guard has always been our top need. We don’t get much savings from Collins unless a June 1st cut. If they find a viable left tackle, Tyron could be next in 2023, although he isn’t like Collins with all the off the field drama

It's high on the list, but I felt we could convert Collins back to guard and be able to use our picks on other needs. It seems either they don't feel he can do it or don't feel he's worth the money he's getting paid to do it.

I'm not sure what you are considering off-field drama with him. Other than the substance abuse issues that came up this year, I don't remember him being any kind of problem. He has had some injuries that caused him to miss time in 2016 and all of 2020.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's high on the list, but I felt we could convert Collins back to guard and be able to use our picks on other needs. It seems either they don't feel he can do it or don't feel he's worth the money he's getting paid to do it.

I'm not sure what you are considering off-field drama with him. Other than the substance abuse issues that came up this year, I don't remember him being any kind of problem. He has had some injuries that caused him to miss time in 2016 and all of 2020.
Him coming in out of shape that led to him needing hip surgery. If Collins was a viable option at Guard, we probably would of seen it last season. Many forget, he was an average Guard and that was before his hip surgery.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Him coming in out of shape that led to him needing hip surgery. If Collins was a viable option at Guard, we probably would of seen it last season. Many forget, he was an average Guard and that was before his hip surgery.

I think the stuff about him being out of shape is blown out of proportion. He was injured, so he couldn't train like normal, and then he tried to play despite it.

La'el Collins last played a game Dec. 29, 2019. He missed all of last season with a hip injury that required surgery in October.

It was tough,” Collins said, via Jonny Auping of the team website. “I kept going back and forth with myself. If I had to get the surgery done, I was going to have to miss the season. It wasn’t something I was looking forward to at all, but it was something that had to be done. Now, I feel good. And I’m ready to rock.”

The Cowboys continue to limit their starting right tackle in organized team activities as he works his way back. But the plan is for Collins to be a full participant by the start of training camp next month.

“To be honest with you, I’m just starting to feel like myself again,” Collins said. “And it feels good. I’m working overtime with treatment and physical therapy to make sure that this thing is right. All the hard work is definitely paying off.”

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think the stuff about him being out of shape is blown out of proportion. He was injured, so he couldn't train like normal, and then he tried to play despite it.

La'el Collins last played a game Dec. 29, 2019. He missed all of last season with a hip injury that required surgery in October.

It was tough,” Collins said, via Jonny Auping of the team website. “I kept going back and forth with myself. If I had to get the surgery done, I was going to have to miss the season. It wasn’t something I was looking forward to at all, but it was something that had to be done. Now, I feel good. And I’m ready to rock.”

The Cowboys continue to limit their starting right tackle in organized team activities as he works his way back. But the plan is for Collins to be a full participant by the start of training camp next month.

“To be honest with you, I’m just starting to feel like myself again,” Collins said. “And it feels good. I’m working overtime with treatment and physical therapy to make sure that this thing is right. All the hard work is definitely paying off.”
He’s our best RT and LG and not breaking the bank, so Stephen let’s get rid of him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He’s our best RT and LG and not breaking the bank, so Stephen let’s get rid of him.

I understand them wanting to trade him IF they don't think he is a good option at LG. Not much of a difference between him and Steele was noticeable at right tackle and Steele makes less than $1 million this year compared to $15 million for Collins. Of course, Collins also is under contract for two more years after that while if we make Steele the starter, he's going to be looking for a big deal next year.

Frankly, I don't see why Dallas doesn't view Collins as the best option at LG, although at $15 million he'd be among the top-paid guards and make more than Martin.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I understand them wanting to trade him IF they don't think he is a good option at LG. Not much of a difference between him and Steele was noticeable at right tackle and Steele makes less than $1 million this year compared to $15 million for Collins. Of course, Collins also is under contract for two more years after that while if we make Steele the starter, he's going to be looking for a big deal next year.

Frankly, I don't see why Dallas doesn't view Collins as the best option at LG, although at $15 million he'd be among the top-paid guards and make more than Martin.
Think he’s making 10 million.I could be wrong.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Think he’s making 10 million.I could be wrong.

Collins? His base salary is $10 million. He's on the books for $15.25 million. We don't save much of that by trading him, but can save quite a bit more by cutting him with a June 1 designation.

Praxit

Reaction score
..best news. This guy was hard headed about playing right.