Connor Williams should be benched

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should be moved to T immediately, he is a better player in space. We may have a replacement for Smith in a year or 2. I've been screaming tis for 2 years.

morat1959

Reaction score
Who was on the roster that was better and healthy at that point? You do realize you can pay top ten money to every OL and expect to field a competitive team, right? There are teams all over the league winning with players not even as good as Williams.

No one is hyping him at all. That's silly. He takes as much, if not more heat than anyone else.
And again all signs point to the front office. Can’t draft em and can’t coach em up.

morat1959

Reaction score
I agree he should go to the bench.

But the Connor Williams to LG experiment was always doomed to fail. The guy is a 295LB tackle who was made to play left guard. All of his predraft stuff said he was weak but has great footwork.

So naturally we have him go against 330 LB defensive tackles on every play.
Just another example of how incompetent this coaching staff really is.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I agree he should go to the bench.

But the Connor Williams to LG experiment was always doomed to fail. The guy is a 295LB tackle who was made to play left guard. All of his predraft stuff said he was weak but has great footwork.

So naturally we have him go against 330 LB defensive tackles on every play.

Spot on, I don’t why they are forcing a square peg through round hole. He might turn out to be a better tackle than a guard.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Spot on, I don’t why they are forcing a square peg through round hole. He might turn out to be a better tackle than a guard.

I agree. By all accounts he is a hard worker. He still has good feet and is still young. This can be salvaged.

The problem is now there is nothing for him to be good at other than as a swing tackle. And, due to his draft pedigree, it won't look good to make him that, so he is stuck.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Just another example of how incompetent this coaching staff really is.
Yup! Our coaching is terrible. All these times they try to take someone out of their natural position have filed pretty miserably. But same coaches year in and year out.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
I’m not a longhorn fan.

I don’t understand the Sua Filo fascination.

He has just as many issues with his play, as Connor does. He isn’t really an upgrade.

When it comes to the running game, which it what this team is built around, he’s a HUGE upgrade. Connor Williams should be a backup left tackle right now. He’s playing out of position at guard and is not strong enough to handle big DTs inside. Which is why he gets called for holding so much after getting ran over. Sua Fili proved last year he was an upgrade.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interior line play looks bad. Martin looks bad, fred is bad. It might be the blocking scheme of colombo that is hurting this once awesome unit. The lone bright spot was 3 runs of 10 yards in a row behind the LG, LT.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Interior line play looks bad. Martin looks bad, fred is bad. It might be the blocking scheme of colombo that is hurting this once awesome unit. The lone bright spot was 3 runs of 10 yards in a row behind the LG, LT.

Fred & Zack are struggling cause they have to come over and help little baby Connor Williams stand tall against those meanie DTs. Can’t do your fugging job when you gotta baby sit 24/7.

Sydla

Reaction score
They won't bench him.

There are painfully aware that if they did bench him, that would mean their last two second round picks are riding the pine.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the experiment of Colombo as coach should be benched , but you know, after a few years of sucking Rico might be the hall of fame player the fans thought him to be.

bring in a real Oline coach first.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fred & Zack are struggling cause they have to come over and help little baby Connor Williams stand tall against those meanie DTs. Can’t do your fugging job when you gotta baby sit 24/7.

Martin missed #22 blitz rigt up the middle to end the game has nothing to do with connor. Not that connor was great but really those 2 former all pro guys haven't been playing at their normal level.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
When it comes to the running game, which it what this team is built around, he’s a HUGE upgrade. Connor Williams should be a backup left tackle right now. He’s playing out of position at guard and is not strong enough to handle big DTs inside. Which is why he gets called for holding so much after getting ran over. Sua Fili proved last year he was an upgrade.

Ding Ding spot on man. We aren’t saying go back to Lienhan offense but having a steady running game will keep the team from Blitzing as often as they do. If you slow down the pass rush little bit even with injuries on OL the passing game will be far more effective.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Martin missed #22 blitz rigt up the middle to end the game has nothing to do with connor. Not that connor was great but really those 2 former all pro guys haven't been playing at their normal level.

They have been sub-par for their standards but having a real LG will solve 90% of the issues with middle penetration by DTs and blitz. Defense will have to come from the edges if they want to get to the QB and that will play into the strength of the offense.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think Frederick's auto-immune disease is causing some issues and Martin's back is bothering him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I already know the answer to this one. Connor just needs to execute better. Whether he is capable of executing is an entirely different question and one Garret isn't willing to ask b/c the OL evals have already been completed.........and he trusts his process.

This is a less dramatic version of the Chaz Green fiasco where the coaches belief is more important than what they see on the field.